Author Topic: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER  (Read 96525 times)

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
Re: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER
« Reply #1050 on: June 11, 2014, 06:06:20 AM »
I don't think we'll get one. The lower the playtime and number of Battlefields played, the higher the unwarranted hype praise EA loves. :biggrin:

Greetings...
Nef

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1051 on: June 11, 2014, 09:43:19 AM »
Im definitely interested in that game, just dont care for playing betas.  Ill wait for the "finished" product.

Offline Nefarius

« Reply #1052 on: June 12, 2014, 01:33:15 AM »

I doubt those products will ever be "finished". :lol

Greetings...
Nef

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1053 on: June 12, 2014, 04:00:22 AM »
Agreed, although I had very little problems with BF4 that others said they had.  Not sure why.  I defintiely had some, but never anything to ruin the game.  Also, Titanfall was pretty much flawless for me. 

Offline Nefarius

« Reply #1054 on: June 13, 2014, 02:22:42 AM »
Guess I was wrong. An E-Mail this morning confirmed my access request to the Hardline Closed Beta. So either they give out a gazillion keys or I was lucky. I tend to believe in option one. :biggrin:

Let's see if I'm in the mood for some BF:H this weekend and I'll report back.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1055 on: June 13, 2014, 02:57:39 AM »
Yea I also got an invite yesterday. Haven't d-loaded yet. Probably do it this weekend.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1056 on: June 21, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »
After almost 11 months since I last touched BF3 I downloaded it and played a match today. I have been caught up in BF4 and really really tried getting comfortable with the game mechanics and everything. I do like the game and feel there's alot of improvment since BF3 but I can tell you that my first reaction picking up BF3 again was: Holy cow it's snappy! The feeling of you shooting and running is so much more satisfying than BF4. I had a blast the first match because everything just felt right. It felt like you had a chance in every gun fight and not getting shot instantly before you even touched the trigger. The amount of trade kills I get in BF4 is just insane. It might have gotten a bit better the last month.
I'm not sure if it's the netcode or just the game mechanic being diffrent. BF4 feels just so sluggish compared to BF3. I'm not trying to be nostalgic and say everything was better before but it really was a big diffrence. I always felt BF4 was a bit diffrent but couldn't really tell if it was the overall movment and gunplay being slower or the bad netcode that everyones talking about.

Going from BF4 to BF3 really opened my eyes on the difference.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #1057 on: June 23, 2014, 12:50:40 PM »
I played the Hardline beta. I know it's gonna have a single player campaign (because apparently that's something people are interested in when they buy Battlefiend), but I really can't believe that's gonna be a full-price game.

Offline Nefarius

« Reply #1058 on: June 24, 2014, 02:14:17 AM »
The "Blood Money" mode is a great improvement over "Capture The Flag" which simply doesn't work in the 32 vs. 32 public server world without any teamplay. The multiple targets make it much more enjoyable in that context. Other than that the Hardline beta didn't impress me at all.

The movement and gunplay feels sluggish and not very precise. The colors in the BF:H city map are even more desaturated and bland than a BF4 desert warfare map. The surfaces and edges look flat and smooth without any character, almost Sci Fi shooter style. And maybe most important the map design of the BF:H example leaves much to be desired, just like many of the maps in BF4, favoring looks over playability and feel. And to close the case BF:H isn't much more than an expansion of a game that's still not quite there eight months after its release yet with the price tag of a full game.

I'm definitely not going to buy this one.

Greetings...
Nef

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1059 on: June 27, 2014, 06:50:46 AM »
So I did a fun little test today. I just bought a new 250gb SSD to only have for games. In the past I only could have a couple of games installed before I run out of space. Now I can have alot of games installed to avoid having to re-install games every time I feel like picking up an old game.

So I installed both BF3 and BF4 and thought I could do a comparison.

I tried to choose a similar setup for both games. So I choose:

Map: Op. Metro (because I know that map on both versions inside and out).
Modes: Rush and Conquest L.
Difficulty: Normal

Class: Assault
Kit: AEK-971, Kobra, foregrip (BF4 vertical grip) and heavy barrel. (The AEK-971 was my favourite weapon in BF3)

Settings: Everything maxed out
FOV: 90 (If you haven't tried I highly recommend this option)
HUD: Lowest possible on both versions (Also a recommendation)

Having not played BF3 for 11 months it was a big diffrence. The gameplay felt alot slicker and snappy, a very nice overall feeling compared to BF4. What surprised me though was that after playing BF3 for a couple of days and then move over to BF4 the diffrence was not that big anymore. I could see that the visuals was improved more then i've seen before. The movement was not as sluggish as I thought, felt alot similar to BF3 actually. Three main things that I immediately felt in BF4 compared to BF3 though:

#1 The handling of the AEK-971 is completly diffrent than BF3. In BF3 I could control the recoil and in BF4 it was all over the place. I did learn to handle it though, just took some time to adjust.

#2 The bad netcode or whatever it is is so evident in BF4 compared to BF3. Everytime I run for cover in BF4 I die halfway behind the cover or I die even though I started shooting way before the enemy. In BF3 that almost never happens. Every gunfight seems like I have a fair chance to get behind cover and in gunfights the better shooter or the one shooting first most of the times wins. One thing i've noticed is that on every kill cam the enemy always keep on shooting on my body after i've died. When I kill someone I usually stops directly after the kill notation, I never keep on shooting after, atleast not that i'm aware of or do on purpose. I just feel that's a weird thing.

#3 Even though they opend up Metro and got rid of the choke points I still prefer the BF3 version. There's so many spots to keep track of on the B flag that the chances of you getting shot in the back is basically 100%. It's always the same way, you try to defend several spots and in the blink of an eye someone shots you in the back. If you have a team that works together and have a good defence on all the spots it could work but 99% of all the pub matches is never like that. You could argue that it's still better than the choke points in the BF3 version, i'm not gonna say anything about that because I do know how frustrating that was for the US team. I still feel though that the original version was more fun, atleast that's my point of view.

I will play some more, it was alot of fun to actually see the diffrence first hand.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1060 on: July 11, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »
Spam alert:

In my spare time, I've made my own battlefield killcam videos to go along with some music.  My latest is below to Within Temptation's Iron.  I got a bunch more if interested you can find them on youtube.  I hadnt played in monthes, but picked it up over last weekends holiday since I had some free time and I really enjoyed playing again.  I plan on playing more this weekend as well.

https://youtu.be/-F5YhOI0RVc

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1061 on: July 27, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
I don't know if anyone been following the Phantom Program that DICE started with BF4. With the latest DLC Dragon Teeths a third level of PP was introduced and with that comes a password that you have to crack in order to join the program and it's hidden with the latest DLC. So far no one have found it, here's some info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5_ugdSqwE

The length people do to solve the mystery is pretty funny, here's a dude calling EA support for help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-naczwAcZJI

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1062 on: September 09, 2014, 01:34:25 AM »
Haven't played BF4 in quite some time but the last DLC is bound for release today at 9 AM PST (18:00 CEST). Will check it out.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1063 on: September 09, 2014, 06:15:53 AM »
Haven't played BF4 in quite some time but the last DLC is bound for release today at 9 AM PST (18:00 CEST). Will check it out.

Oh didnt realize it was coming out already, ill check it out tonight.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1064 on: November 20, 2014, 03:50:26 AM »
Hmm can't remember what I mumbled about because the last DLC released today. Did I mean the CTE? Or was the DLC delayed?

Anyway I did play the new DLC last night after a couple of months of absences from BF4. Had a pretty good time, have to say I was pretty certain a AT-AT would come out on Rush on Op. Whiteout, that whole map felt like Hoth. Pretty damn cool especially when you considered they're doing SW: Battlefront.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1065 on: December 05, 2014, 07:33:09 AM »
So more content for BF4 have been confirmed. A producer at DICE LA tweeted that 9th dec. a new DLC will probably be revealed.

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/540624333261914112

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1066 on: December 05, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
So more content for BF4 have been confirmed. A producer at DICE LA tweeted that 9th dec. a new DLC will probably be revealed.

https://twitter.com/tiggr_/status/540624333261914112

Wow, I thought BF4 was done.  Now that my brother moved in with me and we have our computers in the same room, we've been playing BF4 a lot together which is so much more fun having someone next to you playing on your squad.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1067 on: December 29, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
Bad admins is nothing new but this made me chuckle though:

I mean WTH?  :lol

• DTF.org Member

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1069 on: January 13, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »
This is hilarious. I guess most people are aware of the insane amount of easter eggs that DICE put in BF4 like roaring dinos, hidden messages, megalodong, phantom project that occupied entire servers for people to find dogtags in order to complete the program. I even got kicked out of a server because I killed an admin that searched for the stupid dogtags. Anyway some players found a model of a shark in the files along with soundfiles with somekind of roaring sound. This all speculated in a new hidden easteregg and the community went berzerk in finding what it is. It all ended today when a dev released the following twitter message:

Please stop searching for the Paracel Storm monster. A decision has been made to take out all related assets because it shares a model

The amount of butthurt is real:

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2sbpt8/stop_searching_the_paracel_storm_megalodon/

:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: January 14, 2015, 07:46:34 AM »
Personally, I dont give a shit about any of this.  Make a working product and stop with the BS.  And some people have way too much time on their hand to be complaining about this.... ok im done with my rant.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1071 on: January 14, 2015, 07:59:25 AM »
Yep they sure do.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1072 on: February 08, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
Battlefield Hardline beta. Here's some of my thoughts on it.

Pros:
- Gunplay's a little bit easier, faster paced than BF4
- Map design is good
- Looks stunning
Cons:
- Servers are still complete ass, how the fuck EA/Dice don't get on this just blows me away. Lag is crazy and infuriating.
- As a result the gunplay takes a nosedive frequently, will unload entire clips into people's chests but lag makes that not happen on their end.
- Half the time the gunfire audio doesn't even happen so you just die and wonder what the fuck even happened as apparently somebody unloaded a shit ton of lead into you.
- Hotwire while entertaining, the entertainment value doesn't last long. Driving cars in circles and such gets old kind of fast.
- Heist is essentially Capture the Flag in a city setting, you just have to open a vault to get the "Flag" instead of it just being available.
- Apparently muscle cars and fucking police cars can't go up hill if you accidentally stop at any point.

Overall, no fucking way I'd pay $60 for this. The new modes are kind of entertaining but Heist is just a capture the flag but in an urban area mode, and hotwire gets old fast. 10 years ago this would have been a $15-20 expansion ala the Vietnam one from Bad Company 2.
And the servers are just dog shit.
Like seriously, half of my deaths, a guy parachutes down, I'm blasting him with gunfire for a few seconds, they look up finally and I'm dead.

Just died from a grenade launcher explosion from a launcher fired 2 feet away from me, enemy didn't die... Alrighty then, that makes maximum sense.
After dying like 3 times without ever hearing the gunfire that supposedly killed me, the connection was lost to the server. Neato Burrito.
Shotguns are OP.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:56:50 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: February 08, 2015, 04:36:29 PM »
I can agree with pretty much all of those points.  The game is fun and I like the flow and feel of it, but hotwire is not very fun and I just don't see a whole lot of value in this game for $60.  Maybe the single player campaign is worth it? Im not sure, but this is not a must buy for me.  I'll keep playing BF4.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1074 on: February 08, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »
Seriously, I don't know how many times I die without ever hearing any gunfire. If this game seriously gets released in this state, jesus...
I also spawn in with the wrong load out way too frequently.

Some more thoughts:

I just find it off-putting how ridiculous it can be. Why the fuck do Bank robbers have fucking rocket launchers?
Like I know it's a game not everything has to be realistic but don't make it about cops vs robbers if you're going to still have heavy military weaponry. Make the gear match the setting.
Dear god the servers are seriously a nightmare. I get slingshotted for days when I even try to drive.

I've gathered enough opinions about this, I think I'll just delete it and go back to BF4..
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:41:04 PM by Dark Castle »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1075 on: September 11, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »
So I tried some BF3 after about 1 year hiatus, it was fun. It's just so much snappier than BF4. Have to say it's a bit nostalgic though, man I played that game so freakin much during beta, the vanilla game and the DLCs so it was a bit sad coming back and finding alot of servers empty. There's still servers up though that's fairly populated.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1076 on: April 29, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »
Welp haven't played in ages, lost interest with BF4. Anyway, if anyones interested in the future for BF, May 6th is the day:

https://www.battlefield.com/event

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: April 29, 2016, 11:34:34 AM »
Sweet, I am very interested in a new Battlefield game.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1078 on: April 29, 2016, 11:38:52 AM »
I'm so over the FPS genre. I'm trying to think how they could draw me back in, and I don't think they can. The only game I'm really looking forward to these days is Red Dead Remption's next installment.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: April 29, 2016, 11:42:59 AM »
The Battlefield games are the only FPS I seem to play anymore, be it BF4 or Star Wars Battlefront.  The game play, graphics, and vehicles/large maps are what make it stand out to me vs. other FPS.  I got the newest halo and the campaign was great, but I don't find the multiplayer near as fun as a BF game.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1080 on: May 05, 2016, 11:26:11 AM »
Battlefield World Premiere Teaser

Because he seems to be looking at something big i'm thinking a Mech so it might be BF 2143.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1081 on: May 05, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
I dont know, all the comments on that video are happy there is no space helmet  :lol

Lots of details on the face, that's all I really have to say since there is nothing more to it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1082 on: May 06, 2016, 05:10:51 AM »
Yea could be anything. Some say WW1 because he looks to be wearing a trenchcoat.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1083 on: May 06, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »
Don't know if it's fake or not but things are pointing to a WW1 game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: May 06, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
Legit based on the email from ea I just received confirming the title battlefield 1 with that same guy on the cover. Looks like I see horses and canons in the email too.

Edit

Official trailer and it is indeed WW1

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-1-officially-announced-watch-the-trail/1100-6439559/#ftag=YHF6738a5f
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:34:15 PM by cramx3 »