Author Topic: How should I burn this on the DVD?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline edu

How should I burn this on the DVD?
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
I´ve just download this DT bootleg called "Solstice" (from 2007 tour). So, there are two folders, DVD -1 and DVD -1, with a folder inside called VIDEO_TS and a lot of files inside them, called VTS_01_0, VTS_01_1....   I´m trying to burn a dvd with it but I don´t know how... :facepalm:

I´m using Nero, I tried to do it as "DVD" but it doesn´t work... help me!!

(i´m sorry my english is not good and probably with this stuff it goes even worst...)

Crossing bridges in the sky
On a journey to renew my life

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: How should I burn this on the DVD?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »
You basically have the file structure of a burned dvd inside your folders.  You are going to have to turn that into a .iso before you burn the dvd.  You can google free programs that will do this for you.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
I don't have Nero, but for Roxio, I just click & drag the Video_TS into the burn field.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Algo Fonix

• The Generic Dr. Pepper
  • DT.net Member
  • Pretty tired
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »
In Nero there's an option to burn "Dvd video files" or something similar. You choose that, then drag and drop the files into the burn field and you should be on your way.

Offline edu

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »
Thanks guys!!  :tup

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
You basically have the file structure of a burned dvd inside your folders.  You are going to have to turn that into a .iso before you burn the dvd.  You can google free programs that will do this for you.

Thats not true, video_ts folders can be burned directly to DVD with any burning software... On Nero, you just need to select the "burn video compilation" option, there are several burning option, like iso, udf, video etc... Its pretty easy actually....

Another great software (better than Nero imo...) is ImgBurn...

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
Listen to Dreamrafa. When it comes to these things, he's always right  :tup
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »

Thats not true, video_ts folders can be burned directly to DVD with any burning software... On Nero, you just need to select the "burn video compilation" option, there are several burning option, like iso, udf, video etc... Its pretty easy actually....

Another great software (better than Nero imo...) is ImgBurn...

Oh ok.  I haven't used a consumer burning program in a while.  Whenever I see that structure I usually just think DVD Studio Pro nowadays.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline edu

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »
I used Nero and it was ok... by the way, the bootleg is great! James sounds way better than in Chaos in Motion DVD and it´s from the same tour   :\