Author Topic: The internet is a godsend for introverts  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Ħ

Re: The internet is a godsend for introverts
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2011, 09:47:03 PM »
Used to be really really introverted and now I consider myself an introvert that tries to put himself out there.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 09:53:42 PM »
And 50% less masturbation.

But the same amount of semen.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »
Not at all.

Offline Liberation

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 02:55:53 AM »
I've done several of these tests, and I got both INFP and ISFJ pretty much an equal amount of times, and in fact both fit me 90%, just different aspects of my personality. :P But the I and F parts are definitely always there.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 03:04:25 AM »
mmm you are an interesting case... INFP should be one of those rare ones....

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2011, 03:21:34 AM »
seriously though one of the personality tests revealed that I have some introvert parts in me...

Yeah, I have some introvert parts in me too, but I'm always willing to whip them out and show everyone!
Sometimes, I have parts of me inside an introvert.

Do you taste good with some fava beans and a nice--

Oh wait.  You were making a sex joke, not a cannibalism joke.  My mistake.

I was? Oh, okay.
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2011, 03:22:27 AM »
Just took that test. ESFJ.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2011, 03:36:07 AM »
I always get the impression that the little writeups accompanying those tests are pretty much made so that anyone can relate.

Offline Liberation

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2011, 04:12:11 AM »
I am certainly a weird case. :lol

Can you give me the test you mentioned earlier? I like doing those so let's see what I'll get here :P

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 04:27:40 AM »
I'm pretty introverted, though not really shy. I have no issues going out, and hate days (like today) where I don't see other people at all.

But, I also like to do my own thing. This kinda comes at the bafflement of my friends, who see me as friendly and outgoing one minute and then don't understand why I suddenly disappear or outright ignore them the next couple times they try and get in touch with me.

For me, being around other people for a couple hours a day is great. So, yeah, I love getting meals with people. I love hanging out, going out drinking, etc. I'm even cool with the occasional (weekly, perhaps) day out with others. All of that's great. But when that same person starts coming around all the time, I start to feel intruded on and the impulses to shut-off start kicking in. Then people get sad, because they think I'm mad at them or something. I'm not, I just need time to myself to do my own things. When I am out, I'm seldom the one doing the talking. I'm usually listening, or asking question. Rarely do I go off talking about myself. I dislike that and try to avoid it, as it's a quality that I really dislike in others as well.

Funnily, some of my friends here in HK have decided that, because of my semi-introverted behavior, I'm in-fact not an American but an Asian. Some of the others, who are not comfortable with the idea that a white dude could be for the most part like them on the inside, have compromised by saying that I'm not an Asian, but an Austriallian  :lol

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 04:29:13 AM »
Just took it again and got INTJ.  Once again though, I kinda doubt the complete accuracy of these things.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 04:30:05 AM »
I am certainly a weird case. :lol

Can you give me the test you mentioned earlier? I like doing those so let's see what I'll get here :P

I was talking about MBTI test, right? which you've already taken...
I took another good one during my MBA.... trying to remember its name now...

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »
I did the MB test a few months ago, I think I was either INFJ or ISFJ.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 04:46:18 AM »
Found it.... It's the IPIP NEO Personality Traits Test.. There are two forms; short and long. Short gives you enough insights into your  strong suit and hot spots...and makes you aware of your personality and other traits..... then it's over to you to reflect on your traits and  improve yourself as a more effective person putting together a self-development plan...

It did help me to tackle my biggest challenges in life more effectively.... I still suck at so many things of course.... work life is a bitch...

You might also wanna take the Machiavelli personality test. Mind you though, chances are that you will hate yourself seeing how manipulative you are or that you're such a pussy... I don't know which one is worse  :laugh:

https://www.martinfrost.ws/htmlfiles/personality.html

Offline Liberation

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 05:16:36 AM »
51 in the Machiavelli test. As expected, I'm an insane idealist in some aspects and a bitter pessimist in others.

I'll take the full version of the test you mentioned right now.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 05:23:29 AM »
51 out of???

let me know about the other one....

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 05:37:20 AM »
seriously though one of the personality tests revealed that I have some introvert parts in me...

Yeah, I have some introvert parts in me too, but I'm always willing to whip them out and show everyone!

I think I've covered this pretty well.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 05:39:59 AM »
 :tup

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »
Completely relate to the socially awkward penguin things.  :lol

I'm an introvert and shy. There are very few people I'm an extrovert around, because most of the time I just prefer to keep my thoughts to myself. I was certainly more outgoing in high school. I don't really use the internet as a solution for those "problems", rather it's just a way for me to talk about music/other hobbies with people, since most people I come into contact with IRL don't share any of those interests. Truthfully, most of the time I prefer to be alone, but there are other times where I absolutely detest it.... kind of a double edged sword I guess.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 12:45:53 PM »
51 out of???

let me know about the other one....

100 (20 questions, up to 5 points each). I got a 48; no surprise there.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »
well that's a very healthy and balanced score.... mine was a disaster... when I took the test, it turned out that I was the most manipulative bitch in whole cohort....  ???

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »
I thought you were (among other things) a band manager.  In all seriousness, being a "manipulative bitch" would be a good thing, right?

Offline Liberation

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
I think being able to predict other people's reactions and sometimes using it to your advantage is just a useful skill. It gets bad when you actually believe weak people deserve to be used/eliminated, but you definitely don't seem like that kind of person :P

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2011, 01:31:05 PM »
comes in handy  Orbert ;D

and no Liberation, I'm not that kind at all...  :angel:
but we're surrounded by those.... and I'm not manipulating you here   :biggrin:

Offline jsem

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »
The best personality indicator test out there is probably this: https://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »
Confirmed! I'm a pure ENFP!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2011, 02:21:59 PM »
The best personality indicator test out there is probably this: https://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I just did this test. I got ISTJ.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »

I just did this test. I got ISTJ.
I'm a ITNP.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »

I'm just saying that yeah, most people wouldn't hang out with someone who's a manipulative bitch.  I sure wouldn't want to.  But it's a quality I would want in someone managing my business affairs.  You seem really nice here on DTF, but in business, nice people get stomped on.

My wife, for example, is a very non-confontational person.  Getting her to stand up for herself is generally quite a challenge, and she has a pretty crappy self-image.  But... she has worked in the Accounts Receivable department of a few different companies, and her job is to contact persons and/or companies who owe them money, nail them down on exactly when they're going to pay up, and how much.  If they can't pay it all right away, that's (usually) okay, but unless they outright hang up on her, the conversation isn't over until she says it is, and that's when they've agreed to pay.  Her nickname is "The Tiger Woman" because she goes after these people so ferociously.  (It is 100% coincidence that my avatar is a tiger; her co-workers came up with it.)

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 12:56:17 AM »

So weird, I always get N and F but depending on the particular test and the day I fluctuate between I/E and P/J.

This time I got ENFJ but on another one yesterday I got INFP.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 01:46:29 AM »

I'm just saying that yeah, most people wouldn't hang out with someone who's a manipulative bitch.  I sure wouldn't want to.  But it's a quality I would want in someone managing my business affairs.  You seem really nice here on DTF, but in business, nice people get stomped on.

My wife, for example, is a very non-confontational person.  Getting her to stand up for herself is generally quite a challenge, and she has a pretty crappy self-image.  But... she has worked in the Accounts Receivable department of a few different companies, and her job is to contact persons and/or companies who owe them money, nail them down on exactly when they're going to pay up, and how much.  If they can't pay it all right away, that's (usually) okay, but unless they outright hang up on her, the conversation isn't over until she says it is, and that's when they've agreed to pay.  Her nickname is "The Tiger Woman" because she goes after these people so ferociously.  (It is 100% coincidence that my avatar is a tiger; her co-workers came up with it.)

Thanks Orbert, for your high opinions of me... I hope I'll never let you down....also according to my professor your thoughts are spot on... When I scored really high in this Machiavelli test , I went to him and said "does that mean, am I a horrible manipulative bitch???"
He said
Having 'being manipulative' in your skill set is not necessarily a bad thing... It all comes down to how you use that skill... You can always use it for the good.... think of it as a strong convincing ability. You can make a good sales/marketing person... That's what that actually means....

He also said that most of the MBA students score high... whatever that means...

Regarding your wife's situation, I think almost all jobs force us to act out of type... That's why I want to switch to music industry... to cut back this to an endurable level... I am always OK to go out of my comfort zone but I have huge difficulty in tackling some tricky situations in highly political environments...my current tasks in my Organisation taught me to stand up to people with really high ranking in a very tactful, respectful and diplomatic way, though... work life provides you with some unbelievable skills....

So weird, I always get N and F but depending on the particular test and the day I fluctuate between I/E and P/J.

This time I got ENFJ but on another one yesterday I got INFP.

That results also change over the years when, for instance, we become less ambitious and more emotional as we age... so I've been told...
But that's also an advantage if you can make use of the strong points of every trait of yours... I'm a hopeless case on the I/E thingy... as I always score so high in E.... :-\

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2011, 12:17:43 PM »
Got INTJ again.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »

+1 o/  :D

My distribution was:

Extaverted:       1
Intuitive:         38
Perceiving:      25
Feeling:           11

What was yours if you recall/feel comfortable disclosing?

Edit: Got a 56 on that Machiavelli test. I guess that means I have enough survival skills to avoid being raped and the caring necessary to avoid raping others. (time to go back to the drawing board for my plans for this weekend)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:41:57 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

+1 o/  :D

My distribution was:

Extaverted:       1
Intuitive:         38
Perceiving:      25
Feeling:           11

What was yours if you recall/feel comfortable disclosing?

Edit: Got a 56 on that Machiavelli test. I guess that means I have enough survival skills to avoid being raped and the caring necessary to avoid raping others. (time to go back to the drawing board for my plans for this weekend)

\o

I don't recall now.... but I'm happy to take it again for you .... when I'm not drunk.... but in  a nutshell I score really high on E and F....

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
obscure, you and I are very different lol