Author Topic: Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto  (Read 14275 times)

Offline 425

Re: Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2021, 09:49:05 AM »
I'm weird, but to me the sweet spot is Viva La Vida through Ghost Stories. The songwriting is just there on those—including Mylo Xyloto, which just has one killer song after another. If you think of it as just "the synthpop album," you might miss some of the great ballads, too, like Us Against the World. AHFOD was a definite step down, and I haven't spent much time with the last two.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online faizoff

« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2021, 11:31:56 AM »
I'm kinda the opposite of most I guess, I like the first two albums but don't love them. Yes they have some amazing and iconic tracks on them but Viva onwards for me the albums keep getting better and better. I'm also liking this cadence of switching between experimental and pop rock albums. I have no problem too with the collaborations either, I think my favorite tracks are the ones they collaborated on. HumanKind has a Van Halen Jump vibe and feel to it. They have some real bangers on this album. It's settled in kinda nice now. Probably one of my top 3 albums at this point.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline HOF

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2021, 11:39:35 AM »
I'm weird, but to me the sweet spot is Viva La Vida through Ghost Stories. The songwriting is just there on those—including Mylo Xyloto, which just has one killer song after another. If you think of it as just "the synthpop album," you might miss some of the great ballads, too, like Us Against the World. AHFOD was a definite step down, and I haven't spent much time with the last two.

Viva La Vida is great and the only Coldplay album I’ve really liked. Parachutes was pretty good too, but not something I ever revisited much. Hated A Rush of Blood to the Head.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2023, 02:36:09 AM »
Okay, I am going to post in this thread since it's the first that came up in the search.

I was at work and Humankind came up on the playlist I was listening to. My coworker was enjoying it and asked me who it was, I told him "I know, I'm jamming it too", and saw it was Coldplay. We were both like, "Oh, cool." After work, I went home and looked the song up. Found out about the album "concept" for Music of The Spheres, then I decided to listen to it entirely.

I went in blind, besides Humankind, and I really enjoyed it a lot. I didn't realize until I looked up the music videos, that I have heard some of these, but never knew it was Coldplay who sang them, besides the one with the muppets, but I never payed much attention to it when it first came out.

I think Infinity Sign is one of the most uplifting songs I have heard.

I honestly think it'd be awesome if the band were to play this album in it's entirety live. Maybe, that will get me to see them live. Although, I would maybe see them if they ended up playing Coloratura live.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online faizoff

« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2023, 04:40:24 AM »
They were playing the entire album during the 1st part of the tour and ending with Coloratura IIRC. Then they dropped it from their set and closed the set with Biutyful instead. I saw them last year in June in Tampa which was the last night of the NA tour. I had nosebleeds but the show was still so good and had a ton of fun. The new songs are amazing live and this new album is probably my 2nd favorite or heck even my favorite with Mylo Xyloto a close 2nd.

It was an amazing night with the full moon in the background, the visuals were spectacular, they announced 4 West coast NA dates and they got sold out right away so they added a couple more nights. I wonder if they're going to add more as part of the 2nd leg of the NA tour.

They have a few professionally recorded shows on youtube from the tour, so you can get an idea of the presentation.

Interesting bit I just read is that is somewhat of a 3 album plan about Music. 1st part was the planets(spheres), next album is to be called Moon Music, not sure what the 3rd part will be about.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 04:57:13 AM by faizoff »
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan