Author Topic: The Dear Hunter v "Migrant Returned" (10/6/23)  (Read 344881 times)

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
Re: The Dear Hunter - The Acts Boxed Set Pg. 104
« Reply #3640 on: June 09, 2019, 02:57:47 PM »
So the other day Casey's wife posted an IG story showing all the band members (sans Gavin, who hadn't arrived yet) gathering today at the Crescenzo home.  I guess new things is in the works....

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3641 on: July 03, 2019, 07:49:24 AM »
Any news on the box?
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3642 on: July 03, 2019, 10:40:58 AM »
lot of folks on Facebook have been wondering the same thing, but I don't recall seeing anyone post that they received theirs yet.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #3643 on: July 09, 2019, 02:23:15 AM »
The new artwork for Act I:

Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #3644 on: July 09, 2019, 02:27:40 AM »
And The Fox & the Hunt:

Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3645 on: July 09, 2019, 05:53:21 AM »
for the Preorders, this was posted on 1 of the Active Fan Communities on Facebook:

The new ship date for the box sets is September 15th.

AND for those who pre-ordered, you should receive an e-mail with a digital download for a track from The Fox and the Hunt. So check those e-mails!

Edit: DO NOT DOWNLOAD ON MOBILE. The track should only be downloaded on PC.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3646 on: August 06, 2019, 05:11:32 PM »
Some may enjoy a new fan-made podcast that launched recently called "Dear Apparition"

for their 1st episode, they had The Dear Hunter's drummer Nick Crescenzo on.

Some great stuff in there, including around 1hour+06mins in, they ask him what is going on now with the band.

He mentions an upcoming tour announcement and vaguely talking about the next music they are going to make, which they are getting together in January for 1-month to work on (likely record).

https://linktr.ee/dearapparitionpodcast?fbclid=IwAR1hWkdlg3mH6fzRWRoQmv3oF_m7D_p2T3U8egfbiwzOd5mTjCisoPN9bw0

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3647 on: August 09, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
No Minneapolis, but the dates are limited given the format of back-2-back nights in 1-city.

https://www.facebook.com/therealTDH/photos/a.380092949165/10157571838289166/?type=3&theater

We sincerely miss seeing such an inspiring, and loving group of people that have gifted us with the opportunity to perform our music together.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We wanted to create a pair of nights that took the facets we love so much about touring—both the performance and the interaction— and pull them apart, concentrating them between two separate occasions;
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝟏: 𝐅𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨- 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐝𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, (𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝/𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝟐: 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨- 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬, 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞-𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We are so excited to spend this time together, and can't wait to see you all this November.

Presale tickets go on sale August 9th at 12pm Eastern. If you pre-ordered our box set, check your email for a special code and link to grab tickets today!
Regular on sale August 16th.

http://thedearhunter.com/

Nov 1 - Seattle, WA @ St. Marks Cathedral *
Nov 2 - Seattle, WA @ The Crocodile %
Nov 4 - Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge *
Nov 5 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater %
Nov 7 - Chicago, IL @ Thalia Hall *
Nov 8 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge %
Nov 12 - Brooklyn, NY @ Murmrr Theatre *
Nov 13 - Brooklyn, NY @ Murmrr Theatre %
Nov 15 - Somerville, MA @ Arts at The Armory *
Nov 17 - Cambridge, MA @ The Sinclair %
Nov 20 - Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West *
Nov 21 - Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West %
Nov 23 - Austin, TX @ The Parish *%
Nov 25 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Teragram *
Nov 26 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Teragram %
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
= Stripped Down Performance & Interactive Podcast Taping
% = Full Dear Hunter set w/ Ensemble
*% = Both performances in one day!

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3648 on: August 09, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
Pretty pumped about this tour, even though it means I have to take 2 days off work and drive over 5 hours each way.  I guess I was really spoiled when I lived on Long Island.  Middle-of-nowhere upstate New York is much less concert-friendly.  Anyway, already submitted my RSVP request and just waiting on confirmation.  This should be a good time.  Casey mentioned on reddit that he's going out of his way to revisit some songs he had previously written off, so it sounds like we might get some rarities here.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3649 on: August 09, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »
yeah, I'd love to roadtrip, but I can't foresee convincing my wife.

If he considers CAMERA, I probably will regret not making one of those shows. OLD DEMON would be another.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #3650 on: August 10, 2019, 07:22:11 AM »
Pretty pumped about this tour, even though it means I have to take 2 days off work and drive over 5 hours each way.  I guess I was really spoiled when I lived on Long Island.  Middle-of-nowhere upstate New York is much less concert-friendly.  Anyway, already submitted my RSVP request and just waiting on confirmation.  This should be a good time.  Casey mentioned on reddit that he's going out of his way to revisit some songs he had previously written off, so it sounds like we might get some rarities here.

I figure I'll see you there.  Not sure if I'll be able to pull off both nights, so more likely the 2nd than the first.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3651 on: August 10, 2019, 08:01:14 AM »
Would love to go to this but probably can’t make it happen. I live in South Georgia but no way I can take off a few days.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3652 on: August 10, 2019, 08:52:13 AM »
I would love to get to the Chicago shows, but 6+ hour drive plus lack of vacation time plus the cost equals a no-go for me unfortunately.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3653 on: August 10, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »

I figure I'll see you there.  Not sure if I'll be able to pull off both nights, so more likely the 2nd than the first.

I'm actually going to the Boston show this time.  NYC is Tuesday/Wednesday.  Boston is Friday/Sunday, so a bit easier with my schedule.

Also, just an FYI, it's a single two-night ticket for $75.  As far as I know you can't really buy just one night.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3654 on: September 05, 2019, 04:23:24 PM »
bump.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3zDOE9kDV7UVsOFtYAAQOa
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/lead-singer-syndrome-with-shane-told/e/63665470?autoplay=true
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/casey-crescenzo-the-dear-hunter-the-receiving-end-of-sirens/id1056952502?i=1000448533295

Casey was on with "The Lead Singer Syndrome" Podcast and while they talk about a lot of stuff, maybe the best thing talked about is both Act VI and the current thing he's working on (although it's NOT revealed, at least some details about it will come soon per he wants to wrap up at least some facet of it before the upcoming Tour in November).

Offline ich bin besser

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3655 on: September 28, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »
My name is Tim, and I manage The Dear Hunter. I wanted to personally reach out to you and give you an update on your order for The Dear Hunter's  Box Set.

Over the last six months, we have been working extremely hard to create the best product possible. All of the artwork took longer than expected, but we feel like it finally represents the collective vision for The Acts.

Initially, we gave you an updated release date for the end of September. Unfortunately, I come to you with bad news. Due to our artwork delay, the manufacturer had other projects in line ahead of ours. We have done everything we could to try to move things forward and are continuing to find ways to speed up the process without sacrificing quality.

Throughout my time working with The Dear Hunter, I have experienced how loyal and committed The Dear Hunter community is. With all of the artists I have worked with over the years; there are few artists that share a deep connection with their fans like The Dear Hunter. With that said, you are the last person that the band or I would ever want to let down.

I want to put my name and reputation into this message in hopes of providing you with the most transparent response I can give. The additional delay was not related to the band directly; this was on the manufacturer and me. I want to make that clear and sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. We are a small team and are working extremely hard to make sure we solve any issues or frustration you have.

As a fan, you want to support the music you love the most. Purchasing an item the size and magnitude of The Acts is a clear representation of your dedication to TDH. You are putting your hard-earned money into a project that you love. Regardless, it's always a let down when things do not go as promised. No matter what the product is.

I do not take "responsibility" lightly. It's easier to push things off on other people to save face, but I'd rather own the reality of this so that we do not lose your trust.

There is no excuse for this message coming in late, but we have been trying to get all of the facts sorted with the manufacturers before we gave you any more information. I finally have that information and at this point want to provide you with a date further into the future, just in case any other delays happen again.

At this point, we are saying that the records will ship on or before 12/25/19. The date we received from the vinyl plant is MUCH MUCH sooner, but I do not want to promise something that we can not deliver on. Until the vinyl arrives in our warehouse, I don't want to make any more promises to you. Once we receive the Box Sets, we will be bringing on extra hands to help package and ship out your items, so you receive your order as quickly as possible.

I know this is a letdown, and I could promise a sooner delivery date, but I do not feel comfortable making a promise that I don't know I can keep. If the records arrive sooner, we will get them out the door and into your hands!

I hope you understand, and if you don't, I want to leave my email inbox open to you. Please feel free to send me an email to discuss further if you feel like I did not address anything clearly (tim@eightyonetwentythree.com).

Please continue reading below for more information on how we can help you out, as well as an exceptional gift from Casey and the band.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this lengthy email. I wanted to be as transparent as humanly possible. Thank you for supporting TDH! Your love doesn’t go unnoticed.

Thank you,
Tim

ADDITIONAL CHANGES

If you would like to change your shipping address or other details related to your order, please contact erik@caveandcanarygoods.com

REFUNDS

If you are looking for a refund, I will personally help you out with that process. Please send me an email to tim@eightyonetwentythree.com, and I will assist you with sending you a full refund.

(DISCLAIMER: This project is almost sold out, and we will not be pressing a version of this specific box set in the future. Once your order is refunded, we can not hold your order for future purchases).
Keep prog alive - see it live!

Meine Musikliste

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3656 on: October 19, 2019, 11:42:29 AM »
new tune ""Inquisitor"/"I Forgot the Name (For Real)"   :tup :tup :tup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgCUoOIuAlc

"This was part of a project Casey Crenscenzo wrote and produced with and for those who preordered The Acts box set. Casey said he didn't mind it if someone shared the song so here it is!"

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3657 on: November 02, 2019, 09:26:20 AM »
Podcasts from the tour coming

http://thedearhunter.com/podcast

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3658 on: November 16, 2019, 08:20:07 PM »
Holy shit.  MAJOR new large scale project on the way.  They're ending the shows on this tour with a preview of what's coming next (or as Casey called it, a "Proof of Concept").  They're trying to keep the details somewhat under wraps for now to avoid tour spoilers, but once the tour ends a bit more info should come out.  It was all pretty cryptic, but the big picture takeaway is that it looks like they're shifting into a completely new conceptual world and will be creating a new fictional universe that will span several forms of media.

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #3659 on: November 16, 2019, 08:24:44 PM »
Any timeline as to when new music will come out?

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3660 on: November 16, 2019, 08:47:21 PM »
the tour ends 1-week from Tuesday, November 26th.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3661 on: November 19, 2019, 12:54:39 PM »

Not really.  The preview they showed at the end of the Night 1 show was copyrighted 2017 and Casey has essentially been working on it in secret for like 2 years (although that was more visual than audio).  They played 2 new songs on Night 2, so they at least have some new stuff written.  If I were to guess (and this is pure guesswork and is not based on any inside info), I would think maybe we'll start seeing some new stuff in the Spring or Summer of next year.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3662 on: November 19, 2019, 02:03:36 PM »

Not really.  The preview they showed at the end of the Night 1 show was copyrighted 2017 and Casey has essentially been working on it in secret for like 2 years (although that was more visual than audio).  They played 2 new songs on Night 2, so they at least have some new stuff written.  If I were to guess (and this is pure guesswork and is not based on any inside info), I would think maybe we'll start seeing some new stuff in the Spring or Summer of next year.

Likely Summer to coincide with the Coheed cruise.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3663 on: November 19, 2019, 09:00:58 PM »
you mean Fall to coincide with the Coheed Cruise?

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #3664 on: November 20, 2019, 08:15:10 AM »
They scheduled it dead in the middle of hurricane season, with both ports being hurricane magnets?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #3665 on: November 20, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
They scheduled it dead in the middle of hurricane season, with both ports being hurricane magnets?

How else would you propel the shift into an intergalactic adventure?

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #3666 on: November 27, 2019, 02:53:48 AM »
I'm surprised no one has posted this already. Casey has confirmed (as it has been shared with any one who attended their recent tour) that they are working on a new concept story/set of albums titled Indigo Child. According to Casey this new story will be told musically, visually and amongst other mediums as well. Comments on the below link suggest that they are in the studio, to start recording, in February! Pumped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDearHunter/comments/e226h3/indigo_child_discussion_thread/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Offline DTA

« Reply #3667 on: November 27, 2019, 05:11:46 AM »
I'm surprised no one has posted this already. Casey has confirmed (as it has been shared with any one who attended their recent tour) that they are working on a new concept story/set of albums titled Indigo Child. According to Casey this new story will be told musically, visually and amongst other mediums as well. Comments on the below link suggest that they are in the studio, to start recording, in February! Pumped.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheDearHunter/comments/e226h3/indigo_child_discussion_thread/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I love the fact that he's pretty active in that subreddit. This is cool. Similar to Coheed jumping into the Vaxis universe, it's exciting to have a new set of linked albums to listen to (even if I don't follow the stories at all).

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3668 on: November 27, 2019, 06:37:34 AM »
Great news! I'm curious if it will musically sound similar to the Acts or if they'll go a new direction. Can't wait to find out!

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3669 on: November 27, 2019, 07:34:51 AM »
it's been on reddit for a few weeks, the band just didn't want it out until the tour was over which ended last night.

I suppose the title can be added to the topic and on the 2020 Calendar now.

I would however anticipate a formal announcement with a lot more details from Casey and/or TDH themselves.

Also some comments on Reddit from some of the shows confirmed a couple of things

-Act VI: The Hanged Man
-Making Music with Film
-The Indigo Child is not connected to The Acts story
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:56:21 AM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Re: The Dear Hunter - The Indigo Child (2020)
« Reply #3670 on: November 27, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »
Hmm I wonder if there is a clue in the possible direction of the music in the name.  'Indigo' from the color spectrum was the electronic trippy atmospheric one. 

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3671 on: November 27, 2019, 07:54:28 AM »
Hmm I wonder if there is a clue in the possible direction of the music in the name.  'Indigo' from the color spectrum was the electronic trippy atmospheric one.
I hope they don't go that way. I really dislike Indigo on the Color Spectrum.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3672 on: November 27, 2019, 07:56:57 AM »
I hope they don't go that way. I really dislike Indigo on the Color Spectrum.

I liked it enough, but it is vying for weakest color (with Orange).

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #3673 on: November 27, 2019, 08:00:24 AM »
well as the 1st comment said on that reddit link, those 2 new songs played on the tour, 1 sounded much like The Acts sounded, the other was in the vein of King of Swords (Reversed).

But I know there is interest from some fans (like myself) to hear more music like Indigo (I still consider it my favorite on TCS).

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3674 on: November 27, 2019, 08:09:14 AM »
Indigo was one of my favorite colors