Legalize it?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Weed  (Read 27288 times)

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
Re: Weed
« Reply #245 on: May 03, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/college-student-claims-left-cell-five-days-without-153200359.html

Arrest kid for smoking pot on 4/20. Lock him in a cell with methamphetamine in it for 5 days. Holy tits.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #246 on: May 03, 2012, 10:53:42 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/college-student-claims-left-cell-five-days-without-153200359.html

Arrest kid for smoking pot on 4/20. Lock him in a cell with methamphetamine in it for 5 days. Holy tits.

He'll be making a nice trip to Amsterdam with the $ he gets from the lawsuit.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »
Every single person I know who has ever been there has been there precisely because it was legal to buy weed.

Hey, lets spend a grand, and several days, to do something I can do for 10 bucks in my living room!

To be fair being in Amsterdam, which is a lovely city, and hitting up all of the awesome coffee shops and trying all of the different strains of herb they have there is a bit different of an experience then taking bong rips in your living room.  If they really do go through with this no weed for tourists thing then I'm really glad I got a chance to experience it.

Of course the experience is different no doubt.  But it isnt an experience that is worth that kind of time and money.  Seriously.
But if you are going to also experience the country/culture/people/etc. then I can 100% dig that.

I agree that spending a lot of money just to do that doesn't make sense. I was there as a part of a bigger trip around Europe and trust me, it was totally worth it. Besides getting to smoke some awesome stuff, everyone there is really cool, there city is quite beautiful and I even got invited a couple of beers by some random dutch guys in a bar.

I think Ryzee was saying is that the experience of going into a coffee shop, meeting people there, smoking with them and all is actually very cool. Also, since it's legal, they are able to get very good strains and trust me, it's not the same that you can get somewhere else.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »
Every single person I know who has ever been there has been there precisely because it was legal to buy weed.

Hey, lets spend a grand, and several days, to do something I can do for 10 bucks in my living room!

To be fair being in Amsterdam, which is a lovely city, and hitting up all of the awesome coffee shops and trying all of the different strains of herb they have there is a bit different of an experience then taking bong rips in your living room.  If they really do go through with this no weed for tourists thing then I'm really glad I got a chance to experience it.

Of course the experience is different no doubt.  But it isnt an experience that is worth that kind of time and money.  Seriously.
But if you are going to also experience the country/culture/people/etc. then I can 100% dig that.

I agree that spending a lot of money just to do that doesn't make sense. I was there as a part of a bigger trip around Europe and trust me, it was totally worth it. Besides getting to smoke some awesome stuff, everyone there is really cool, there city is quite beautiful and I even got invited a couple of beers by some random dutch guys in a bar.

I think Ryzee was saying is that the experience of going into a coffee shop, meeting people there, smoking with them and all is actually very cool. Also, since it's legal, they are able to get very good strains and trust me, it's not the same that you can get somewhere else.

#1)  Was the bar called the Blue Oyster?

#2) Trust me, I can get stuff every bit as good as anywhere in the world.  Most likely the very same strains.  Just need to know the right people.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #249 on: May 03, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »

Yup.  I also went there as part of a bigger trip around Europe, and the city is beautiful and has a lot of great cultural things to experience (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank's house, Heineken brewery hehe) but I will admit that for 19 year old me the coffee shops were the primary attraction.  And they're all different.  Some were big, some were more intimate.  Some served food too, some had full bars, pool tables, etc.  And the tourists there aren't just Americans, they're from all over the world.  Chillin out drinking beers, shooting pool and sharing a joint with cool cats from around the world was one of the best experiences of my life.  I don't see how this ban on weed for tourists thing will be a good thing for the city in the long run, but like I said if they do go through with it I'm glad I got to go there before they did.  :hat

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: May 03, 2012, 11:45:44 AM »

Whoa. That's unbelievable.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #251 on: May 03, 2012, 01:00:39 PM »

I am very freaked out by that. It reminds me of a certain lyric:

"how can I feel abandoned, even when the world surrounds me"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #252 on: May 03, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

#2) Trust me, I can get stuff every bit as good as anywhere in the world.  Most likely the very same strains.  Just need to know the right people.
Yeah, same here.  I actually passed up Amsterdam when plotting my tour of Europe, largely because I can get anything I'd be interested there, here, and probably cheaper as well.

However, Ryzee makes an interesting point.  I hadn't considered that most of the tourists would be Europeans.  My most enjoyable times in Europe were actually hanging out with locals or European tourists.  In retrospect, being able to chill with cool foreigners while getting high would have been quite enjoyable.  Sorry I missed out on that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »
Let me also say that, at least when I was there in '99, the weed there was much better and MUCH cheaper than what I was able to get at home.  I'd go into more specifics but I don't know if that would violate any rules here or anything and me no want no troubles.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »
In 99 I'm sure that was true.  Much has changed since then. 

And yeah, we're probably treading the line here.  Probably best to get back to the legal/ethical considerations.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2012, 01:20:22 PM »
Dig that.  So yeah, we shouldn't legalize weed because that will just turn Americans into even crazier immoral monsters, if that's even possible.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2012, 02:25:05 AM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2012, 06:45:22 AM »
My stance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWWOJGYZYpk&feature=g-all-u

That was pretty accurate. I really like it when non weed users are on the side of legalization. Its these people that are needed to make it happen. I know a few but none are vocal since they don't use it and don't see a need to advocate something illegal.