Author Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 2.  (Read 61196 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Walking Dead, Season 2.
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2011, 07:54:13 AM »
I'm thinking they have drug searching for Sofia out to be able to define what side of the line Shane and Rick are on, define that line...and perhaps ultimately have people choose which side they are going to stand on.
  I can see both thier points. I'd like to think that I'd keep 'hope' alive like Rick does, but can completely see myself as well if I had my wife and kids to protect just shutting out the rest of the world and turning everyone else into something that is going to inhibit me from providing/protecting my family. For as 'boring' as the character/plot building has been to this point, I'm sure it has it's purpose and has been nescessary.
    Next week episode looks cool..like that barn full of family and friends or whatever the reason they are being kept...it appears they get released or escape somehow.

Prediction:

Daryl acted really sketch last last episode when confronted about going off alone. He knows where his brother is, and his brother has the missing child.
Not sure about this. I'm sure it's possible, but given the dialouge he had with imaginary Merle and the fact that he's still calling out to Sofia...I don't know. Interesting theory though.

Oh and Zantera....nice call on the Merle cameo.  :tup
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2011, 08:20:46 AM »
I'm thinking they have drug searching for Sofia out to be able to define what side of the line Shane and Rick are on, define that line...and perhaps ultimately have people choose which side they are going to stand on.
  I can see both thier points. I'd like to think that I'd keep 'hope' alive like Rick does, but can completely see myself as well if I had my wife and kids to protect just shutting out the rest of the world and turning everyone else into something that is going to inhibit me from providing/protecting my family. For as 'boring' as the character/plot building has been to this point, I'm sure it has it's purpose and has been nescessary.
    Next week episode looks cool..like that barn full of family and friends or whatever the reason they are being kept...it appears they get released or escape somehow.

Prediction:

Daryl acted really sketch last last episode when confronted about going off alone. He knows where his brother is, and his brother has the missing child.
Not sure about this. I'm sure it's possible, but given the dialouge he had with imaginary Merle and the fact that he's still calling out to Sofia...I don't know. Interesting theory though.

Oh and Zantera....nice call on the Merle cameo.  :tup

You also need to keep in mind that ifntheynwerent searching for Sophia, everyone would just be chilling on the farm waiting for Carl to get healthy ... And thatd be pretty boring.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »
Holy shit about what happened in the hayloft. Can't wait for next week's episode!  :)
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2011, 11:42:53 AM »
Holy shit about what happened in the hayloft. Can't wait for next week's episode!  :)

It would have been better is Glenn walked in without a flashlight, thought he was getting a blowjob, then turned into a zombie.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2011, 11:45:39 AM »

It would have been better is Glenn walked in without a flashlight, thought he was getting a blowjob, then turned into a zombie.
Do you think she'll let Glenn off easy or will she kill him or throw him to the zombies to protect the secret?

SPECULATION

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »
I was just about to say... I bet the barn is where non zombies get thrown if they don't do what the old guy wants.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2011, 12:03:39 PM »
Do you think she'll let Glenn off easy or will she kill him or throw him to the zombies to protect the secret?
Highly doubt she kills him. I think she's 'falling' for him anyway, I'd bet she leaves the farm to be with that group before killing any of them.
 Her Pop's is getting stranger by the moment. I suppose that has a lot to do with knowing you have a barn full of walkers and it's only a matter of time before they are discovered.
 An interesting point made by a fellow forumer from MP's forum about Daryl. The entire conversation with Merle really does seem to be showing us the internal struggle going on inside Daryl. He needs the group the least....could easily survive on his own. He could arguably be the groups MVP as far as surviving goes (scavaging/protection)...but Rick calls the shots. Perhaps the ear necklace was/is his way of proclaiming that he's still not one of them...he's just there because. I'm wondering if it is beginning to bother him that he actually does 'care' about that group/Sofia more than he'd ever cared about or been cared about? I thought it was neat how Sofia's Mom reinforced to him while he lay in bed that he was every bit as good as Rick and Shane.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
Wonder if the old man is a nut just like the Dr. in the CDC.....the group has bad luck with meeting new people lol.....maybe he's trying to find a cure?

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
Well at least I know something HAS to happen in the next episode.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2011, 08:00:05 PM »
So they took this episode to show what I said a few weeks back about Rick and Shane being contrasts. :lol

I'm getting tired of both the farm and the Sophia thing so I hope this revelation at the end moves the plot along to another place that it's not where we've been for the past 3-4 weeks.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
I really hope daryl recovers quickly.  He is one of my favorite characters by far.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2011, 10:04:56 PM »
I can't wait for this next week's episode. Such a huge issue that needs addressing.  :corn

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2011, 12:37:46 AM »
This episode was the best overall from the season so far. There have been great scenes in every episode, but this one was the first that was great beginning to end, I think. It felt like it had no sections which were there to drag it out to full length, or that were showing us something worthwhile but doing it too much at their own storytelling leisure (which, as much as it can be a good thing in some ways, is taking away too much of the pace and energy of the first season).

At the very least, we have a sure sign that the farm scenario is going somewhere quite interesting, and hopefully doing so quicker.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »
I'm starting to wonder how long they'll be spending on the farm now. Will they finish out the rest of the season there? How long is the season supposed to last? Since the first season was so short, I don't really know what to expect, and in the grand scheme of things, that's good.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2011, 02:34:09 PM »
How long is the season supposed to last?
13 episodes.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
13 episodes.
Then we still have a while. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline TVC 15

• I was bored before I even began
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
13 episodes.

FYI, there will be a break in December and January.  The show then continues its run in Feburary.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
Not cool.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:29 AM »
13 episodes.

FYI, there will be a break in December and January.  The show then continues its run in Feburary.

The fuck is that shit ?!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2011, 04:08:09 AM »
It's probably intended so that we will sorta "forget" about the complaints so far, so that we will endure another 6-7 episodes on the farm in January. ;)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:45 AM »
I think that the whole "farm" scenario will have played out "finally" by this weeks episode. Since they intend to take a break over the "holiday" season (don't want to upset anyones sensibilities during this festive period ya know  :\  ), I'm sure we'll be left with some type of crazy cliffhanger that keeps us waiting until they resume production in February. Thank God the farm is finally over, it's fast becoming "The Waltons meets The Night of the Living Dead".

GRAPHIC NOVEL SPOILER ALERT: (Although the show doesn't "exactly" follow the novel)

In the book they are kicked off the farm very, very early on after discovering the walkers in the barn, and killing most of them...seems the old man keeps his "turned" kinfolk in there cuz' it wouldn't be the Christian thing to do to kill them, and besides maybe someone will find a cure and "bring 'em back".  Next stop is a maximum security prison, at the current pace, expect the next three seasons to take place there!  :\

*END SPOILER*  :)

The fact that the current shows administration has admitted to significantly paring down the buget, and the fact that they have decided to shoot "most" scenes now on a soundstage, really disheartens me here. I understand that Frank Darabount was a prima donna and hard to work with; and I get that the budget was outrageous; but find a way to keep the same formula. You'd almost forget this season that this is a show about surviving a zombie apocalypse. The last few episodes make me feel like they've just been tossing out occasional gratuitous zombies so we don't fall asleep while watching. I'm beginning to feel like we're all soon going to be like "Dug" from the movie "Up"; Whenever we see one we'll all shout "Zombie!" at our televisions.

The show still leads in it's time slot, so I'd expect alot more of the same. In fact the sole reason for the ridiculously campy, stupid, over hyped, live "post show" is because the powers that be knew we'd all be pissing and moaning; and airing that show is supposed to make us forget how bored were all fast becoming, and keep the fire alive. Instead of paying Patton Oswalts airfare (hell who am I kidding...cabfare), and picking up his dinner check to crackwise for 30 minutes, pay 50 bucks to an extra and slather some make-up on him!

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I also hope that Kirkman has some pull, and someone from the network wakes up and says, "Let's get back on track now, shall we?"
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »
Yeah this season is not living up to the hype at all.  I'm actually really disappointed in it.  I'm going to go yell at my friend who works over at AMC. 

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
I'm going to go yell at my friend who works over at AMC.

Tell him I said for you to kick his ass!!  :lol
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »
The budget isn't outrageous.  $3 million / episode (what it was before the cut; it's now $2.75 million) is reasonably cheap by cable standards.  Breaking Bad costs $3.2 million / episode.  Mad Men is probably around $3 million as well.

And then you have HBO, who dropped ~ $5 million for each episode of Deadwood, $6 million for each episode of Game of Thrones, nearly $10 million for each episode of Rome, $20 million just for the pilot of Boardwalk Empire, and over $200 million for the ten-part The Pacific.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:58:44 AM by GuineaPig »
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
I'm going to go yell at my friend who works over at AMC.

Tell him I said for you to kick his ass!!  :lol

Her ass!  haha.  She told me they are following the books for the most part though.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »
The budget isn't outrageous.  $3 million / episode (what it was before the cut; it's now $2.75 million) is reasonably cheap by cable standards.  Breaking Bad costs $3.2 million / episode.  Mad Men is probably around $3 million as well.

And then you have HBO, who dropped ~ $5 million for each episode of Deadwood, $6 million for each episode of Game of Thrones, nearly $10 million for each episode of Rome, $20 million just for the pilot of Boardwalk Empire, and over $200 million for the ten-part The Pacific.

What did Band of Brothers cost?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:56 AM »

1 billion, gagillion, fafillion, shabolubalu million illion yillion ... yen.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »

Wikipedia says $125 million to make, and another $15 million of promotion for 10 episodes.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
is this the sequal when I rise from the ashes? casting off the stigma or Warned and Banned..to again walk amongst the living? ;)

oh wait that was Barbershop II
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »
Speculation as to who the next 'regualar' member of the group to get eaten/murdered...otherwise be gone from the show (other than flashbacks) will be? I don't know if he will be next but I envision Shane biting it at the expense of the group...meaning he sacrifices himself. I'd say the most irrelevant character at this point would be Sofia's mother. She could die and Rick/Lori would easily adopt her into the family. Dale and Glenn seem to provide most of the comic relief so I think they'd be safe.
  My hope is that the writers don't settle in too much and we just have this 'safe' group of people and then 'the rest'. I know they knocked off Andrea's sister, Sofia's dad and that one skinny dude last year but since then this group has been relatively untouched other than Sofia disappearing. I'm expecting them to find her and have a happy ending. It'd be a better story if they'd just have her never found or find her and she'd be a walker. That'd be unexpected. I'm guessing they find her though.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »
It would make much better TV if she was found as a walker and they had to decide what to do about it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
It would make much better TV if she was found as a walker and they had to decide what to do about it.

It's dragged out for so long that the little girl walker at the opening of Season 1 episode 1 is in fact, Sophia.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
Hmm I forgot about that scene.  I don't think that scene has anything to do with the rest of the show though.  Unless it depicts Rick between the Hospital and meeting the group sometime?

I'm pretty sure that girl couldn't be Sophia because they were different girls lol, but I'm not sure if you were even serious, I'm guessing not.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »
Hmm I forgot about that scene.  I don't think that scene has anything to do with the rest of the show though.  Unless it depicts Rick between the Hospital and meeting the group sometime?

I'm pretty sure that girl couldn't be Sophia because they were different girls lol, but I'm not sure if you were even serious, I'm guessing not.

Nah, I wasn't serious.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »

I hope they find her as a zombie and then I hope her mom tries to hug her or something.... Daughter infecting mother would be awesome. I bet Shane dies while somehow saving the girl.