Author Topic: American Horror Story On FX  (Read 13626 times)

Offline HarlequinForest

Re: American Horror Story On FX
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »
I'm anxious to see what the nurse saw on the monitor.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »
I'm anxious to see what the nurse saw on the monitor.
Yeah that was strange....and kind of lost among the rest of the episode. There was just so much going on. Next weeks should be just as cool.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 08:18:01 AM »
Episode 4 was excellent. Looking forward to next weeks show.
What to me was a once almost obvious Tate being in the black s&m suit how has become "I have no friggin' idea". I want to think that it is still Tate, but after seeing him and his stature in the suite in the basement and then seeing the 'other' guy, it looks like two different bodies.
  I am leaning towards the idea that even thier real estate agent is 'dead' or somehow a part of that house like the rest of them. Just a feeling I get from the way they portray her scenes.
 And speaking of scenes, that last scene of episode 4 was a nice WTF....open the door and there's the girl you buried in your back yard. For as spurratic and twisted as this plot is they somehow keep it tied together and coherant. Still impressed by that.
I no longer think its Tate, at all.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »
Anyone watch the second half of the 'Halloween' episode yet? It was nice to get confirmation on the suspicion that Tate was the son of Constance. Likewise, it appears as if that 'dream' he had of shooting people in his high school actually happened...and I'd venture to say he is 'dead' as well by either commiting suicide or being killed during or abruptly after that event. It's curious that he can't remember it though.
  I thought the whole Hayden drama was neat. At first it took me a second to remember that Ben wasn't the one who actually buried her so it was understandable that he'd think those two were working together. But still, how does he explain the woman who untied him in the basement to himself?
  I'm thinking that Vivian and Morris Chesnut are going to shag for sure. There is definately some chemistry between those two, thier scenes are pretty thick with sexual tension.
  Another thing, how long until Violet starts to put these pieces together now that Constance has kind of opened her eyes a bit. Does she research the school shooting at all? I really like how each episode builds off the former...the flow and pace of the show are just right and they reveal just enough each time.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 10:07:40 AM »
Yeah, I think last night was confirmation that Tate is indeed a ghost (as I thought) and I believe that he even can't come to terms with what he did so that's why he can't remember any of the other people, so I'd say he died by suicide. I also thought it was cool that all the spirits in the house seem to be at war with one another.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
This show just keeps getting creepier and better as it steamrolls along.  I cannot imagine how this series will continue. Everyone who has basically gone into the damn house has been killed, or taken their own life. Surely the same fate awaits Ben and Constance, and probabiy Violet as well. So how do you keep a series fresh? One idea is that eventually the family meets their fate; and they too now become part of the house, and we learn of more secrets the house shares with us with the next set of victims....I mean family, to move in. That would be unique, where a house is the central character in the entire series. All I know is I'll be along for the ride the whole way. I love this show!
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 08:02:24 AM »
This show just keeps getting creepier and better as it steamrolls along.  I cannot imagine how this series will continue. Everyone who has basically gone into the damn house has been killed, or taken their own life. Surely the same fate awaits Ben and Constance, and probabiy Violet as well. So how do you keep a series fresh? One idea is that eventually the family meets their fate; and they too now become part of the house, and we learn of more secrets the house shares with us with the next set of victims....I mean family, to move in. That would be unique, where a house is the central character in the entire series. All I know is I'll be along for the ride the whole way. I love this show!
I read an article a couple weeks ago (cannot recall exactly where or I'd post it) but it did suggest that the original premise for the series was what you suggest. By the end of the season Ben, Vivian and Violet have been killed and they simply become secondary characters like what we've seen from Tate etc.
 The issue was that, the writers/creators of the show are the same group of folk who created/write GLEE (I was shocked and intrigued by that) and thier original premise for that show was the same. It would have a continual, changing flow of characters. But due to its success they backed off that idea. I'm wondering if they will do the same with American Horror Story, or if AHS is just an outlet for them to actually pull of thier original GLEE idea?
  Either way as you realized and is pretty obvious, this series is delivering. I'll trust whatever direction they take it, but it certainly looks as if Ben and the gang are on the fast track to becoming an eternal piece of that house.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 08:26:07 AM »
I read in an article in Entertainment magazine that the identity of the man in the rubber suit will be revealed on Nov. 23rd.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
I haven't seen this show yet, but it's really amusing to see the critical response to it. 

Example: https://www.avclub.com/articles/piggy-piggy,64673/

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 08:03:37 AM »
Just got around to watching the latest episode last night and I have to admit the first 'here piggy piggy' scene made me jump....sent my heart rate up a bit. It was expected yet it was so visually freaky as well it really got me.
  Interesting the description the nurse gave of the child growing inside Vivian. Hooves? That's insane! Judging from the last scene I'm assuming Violet is going to relent and assist Constance in assisting Tate into realizing he's dead and to 'move on'. Pretty neat, although Viloet is getting torn up emotionally with that abnormal realization her boyfriend is an entity who refuses to understand he's dead and her parents having a less than 'normal' relationship.
  I'm guessing the Security guard is the guy in the black suit. There's no way he has been injected to the plot just to be a source of sexual tension and candadate for Vivian to sleep with. His explanation of the disappearance of the dead ex-lover from his vehicle was suspicious to me. "She must have jumped out at a stop sign" Really? Anyway, I'm adjusting my speculation of who the black suite man is to him, we will find out soon enough.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 06:29:03 AM »
I love this show. Episode 6 was excellent!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
Finally watched last week's episode... I was pretty dead on on Tate's back story!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 07:32:26 AM »
I have to admit that the entire approach to the crib...when the original house owner lady was going to see Thadeus....I was contemplating not looking. Kind of relieved they didn't show me a mangled baby body with odd body parts and what not. Last scene was interesting with Vivian realizing she had met a ghost. This show is cool.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 08:19:23 AM »
I have to admit that the entire approach to the crib...when the original house owner lady was going to see Thadeus....I was contemplating not looking. Kind of relieved they didn't show me a mangled baby body with odd body parts and what not. Last scene was interesting with Vivian realizing she had met a ghost. This show is cool.
I think that we've already seen the mangled Thaddeus. I think that thing that attacked the girl Violet brought to the house on one of the first episodes is Thaddeus.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »
I think that we've already seen the mangled Thaddeus. I think that thing that attacked the girl Violet brought to the house on one of the first episodes is Thaddeus.
For Certain that was him...looked to be 'grown up' a bit. I really didn't want to see him as the freshly stitched together baby though. More for the fact that here locally yesterday a young mother beat her year old baby to death for crying to much and not sleeping and dumped his body in some bushes and then returned home to sleep. So obviously the local news was filled with that story (I think it went national as well) yesterday....so when that baby crib scene was happening, the timing was just too much for me having just watched the final newscast of the night before the AHS episode. It made that scene way more intense for some reason.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2011, 05:52:50 AM »
This show has really gotten into my head. I had some disturbing dreams Wednesday. In one dream, there was this evil looking old woman who was completely blue on her face. She had on a cloak and was staring at me while I was at some public event. She wound up being Satan.

Anyhow, the show gets more interesting with Violet now in love with Tate. If they move her relationship is over. Just what will she do to stay in the house? How will Jessica Langes character influence her?
Very cool.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:18 AM »
This show has really gotten into my head. I had some disturbing dreams Wednesday. In one dream, there was this evil looking old woman who was completely blue on her face. She had on a cloak and was staring at me while I was at some public event. She wound up being Satan.

Anyhow, the show gets more interesting with Violet now in love with Tate. If they move her relationship is over. Just what will she do to stay in the house? How will Jessica Langes character influence her?
Very cool.
I know what you mean about the show. I've yet to have a bad dream from it, but after EVERY episode I've watched I have to immediately watch something else in order to get the episode off the top of my mind. It's not that this is overly frightening at all. There is just something about it that is such a cerebral creepout.

I'm wondering if Violet is starting to figure out that these 'ghosts' are stuck in the house...and if so would that lead her to commit suicide in order to be with Tate forever? I think Jessica Lange is giving an emmy winning performance playing Constance. Her character ties that entire show together greatly, I don't think it's a coincedence they recruited and then hired a fantastic actress to play Constance....she is that vital to the show.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »

Very cool.
I know what you mean about the show. I've yet to have a bad dream from it, but after EVERY episode I've watched I have to immediately watch something else in order to get the episode off the top of my mind. It's not that this is overly frightening at all. There is just something about it that is such a cerebral creepout.

I'm wondering if Violet is starting to figure out that these 'ghosts' are stuck in the house...and if so would that lead her to commit suicide in order to be with Tate forever? I think Jessica Lange is giving an emmy winning performance playing Constance. Her character ties that entire show together greatly, I don't think it's a coincedence they recruited and then hired a fantastic actress to play Constance....she is that vital to the show.

I agree with everything in both these posts. I watched this weeks episode last night, and had a fucking nightmare about that stitched together, evil, blood lusting, Franken-baby that woke me at about 3:00AM. I dreamt it had little razor sharp baby teeth and crawled into bed with me. It was cozying up to my chest and was preparing to rip the flesh from my neck with it's little razor teeth and baby fingernails, as Constance approvingly gazed at us from the doorway to my bedroom. I forced myself awake, and leapt out of bed, and scared the absolute wits out of my poor cat "George/Jorge" who had tried to curl up next to me and sleep.  :lol  I write scarier shit than this show, and it creeps me out.

Jessica Lange is PERFECT for this role btw. She is the true puppet master of this series. It would be cool if we find out that everyone on the show is an actual ghost. I also am having a hard time figuring out how they pull off having this show continue beyond season 1.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
This series is creepy as all hell.  We're only up to the Halloween episope but the wife and I watch one episode and then watch something fluffy like a half hour sitcom to lighten the mood.  Damn it creeps thwe F out of us.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
I also am having a hard time figuring out how they pull off having this show continue beyond season 1.

If there were ever a show that you could use a 'rotating' cast, this would be it. Being that (to me) the house itself seems like the main character and everyone else is just a supporting cast...it would seem 'easy' to have Ben, Vivian and Violet just become 'members' of the house....there to torment or warn or whatever the next tenants.
  I did read somewhere that this idea was the original intent of the writers but they've not confirmed if they are going to pursue it still or not.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
I read that and heard that from some friends of mine who are pretty close to the show. That's still the idea, but whether they can pull it off remains to be seen. They HAVE to keep Jessica Lange around though.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
They could keep her to be the welcome party to the new families.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 10:34:48 AM »
Nah, I see Moira or Violet killing her by season's end

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »
BUMP....

Anyone still watching? I think this show has been great. Last nights episode with the 'revelation' of Violets current condition was pretty cool....it was almost like 'why didn't I see that coming?' It's strange because there is SO much stuff going on that one would think it would muddy up the storyline and confuse things but I think they've done a great job keepin it interesting and telling the story.
  I'm curious to learn the resolution of these twins and if indeed the entire family become members of the house itself......just a real neat show.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »
This show is just mind-blowing.  I attempted to describe it to a co-worker friend of mine yesterday as Twin Peaks jacked up at least 10 notches.

Didn't see the twist with Violet's suicide attempt being successful coming at ALL.  Vivian's also really smart about not wanting to go back into the house, but we'll see what happens next week...

So, what was Larry's REAL motivation for copping to Travis's murder?  I can sort of buy him attempting to gain redemption for his wife and daughters burning to death, but was it to truly get away from the house for good?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2011, 12:36:25 PM »
This show is just mind-blowing.  I attempted to describe it to a co-worker friend of mine yesterday as Twin Peaks jacked up at least 10 notches.

Didn't see the twist with Violet's suicide attempt being successful coming at ALL.  Vivian's also really smart about not wanting to go back into the house, but we'll see what happens next week...

So, what was Larry's REAL motivation for copping to Travis's murder?  I can sort of buy him attempting to gain redemption for his wife and daughters burning to death, but was it to truly get away from the house for good?

Yeah, I'm not quite sold on that neat little wrap up of Travis's murder either. If this show has demonstrated anything it is that nothing can be that simple. I'm sure there is something extra curricular tied to Larry's admission.

I honestly thought that when Tate was taking Violet into the crawls space and he told her to look that she was going to see like a 'gate to hell' or something like that. Looking back on it I guess one could have 'seen that coming' but it got me as well. Really well done. It's going to get interesting now concerning her Vivian and Ben's relationship. I'm wondering if she will try to 'let them in' on the big secret or not...or just wait for them to die/be killed as well?

I'd tell your co-worker it's AmmityVille Horror on steroids or something....that it's not as much of a physical scare as a cerebral assault by use of vivid imagery and well constructed moods and atmosphere.

And, one more time....Jessica Lange deserves an Emmy for her role as Constance. No doubt about it. For as good as all the actors/actresses have been....she by far has held that entire show together and continually gives a chilling (in a good way) performance. I really do hope she gets the recognition she deserves. 

Offline masterthes

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2011, 02:19:39 AM »
I loved the show this week, even though the Violet concept hasn't been original, it was executed well. And yes, Jessica Lange deserves an Emmy

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm not quite sold on that neat little wrap up of Travis's murder either. If this show has demonstrated anything it is that nothing can be that simple. I'm sure there is something extra curricular tied to Larry's admission.

Exactly, totally agree with you on it not being as simple as it appears.  I also don't buy that Larry copped to the whole thing JUST to have Constance tell him that she loves him one last time--I totally buy that she may not have ever loved him, and that she married him to gain legitimate entry back into the house.  The whole love thing just seems like a really flimsy angle to me, especially given the fact that Constance seemed to have genuine (well, genuine for her lol :lol ) feelings for Travis.  Plus, Larry's first wife had told him that he was "ready to see" the ghosts of herself and their daughters--so you can kind of draw the conclusion that she thought that Larry was ready to atone for all of his various misdeeds.  I don't know though--with this show, there's ALWAYS more to situations than what meets the eye. What I thought was also interesting was the fact that Larry lied to Ben about how he'd gotten burned--also interesting that that was what Tate may have done before the school shooting.

And speaking of Tate...

I honestly thought that when Tate was taking Violet into the crawls space and he told her to look that she was going to see like a 'gate to hell' or something like that. Looking back on it I guess one could have 'seen that coming' but it got me as well. Really well done. It's going to get interesting now concerning her Vivian and Ben's relationship. I'm wondering if she will try to 'let them in' on the big secret or not...or just wait for them to die/be killed as well?

I thought he was going to show her some really big graveyard in the crawl space. :lol   But then I realized that all of the various ghosts in the house have been buried somewhere on that lot, but not necessarily inside the house.  As I posted before, I didn't see that twist coming at all.

Good point too about how Violet will now interact with Ben and Vivian.  I honestly believe that Violet may probably wait until something happens to one or both of them, but you never truly know with this show.

Finally, about Jessica Lange--I too think that she totally deserves an Emmy for her role as Constance.  This role is so vastly different from pretty much any of her movie roles, and she continually hits home runs out of the park so to speak.  The producer(s) really picked the best possible person to play Constance IMO.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:06:57 PM by DebraKadabra »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
Holy crap, that episode was warped! That one will stay in my brain for awhile.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »
^ No kidding...I am beginning to think that I need to stop watching this show. It is so disturbing that it depresses me and each episode lingers with me for days afterward. I'm not sure how much more I can take. You almost need a flow chart to keep up with all of the killings, and the body count would make a slasher flick look like a Disney movie. I cannot imagine a positive outcome for any of the "living" characters on this show. The ONLY thing I think that actually keeps me coming back each week now is I NEED to see how this nightmare now ends. I cannot stop watching it now. I've been sucked in until the end now. THAT aspect alone makes me love it somehow. It's like mental S&M. Damn my wicked, twisted mind.  :biggrin: :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:24:41 PM by TempusVox »

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
It's like mental S&M.

QFT

PERFECT way to put it, too.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:09 AM »
I also am having a hard time figuring out how they pull off having this show continue beyond season 1.

If there were ever a show that you could use a 'rotating' cast, this would be it. Being that (to me) the house itself seems like the main character and everyone else is just a supporting cast...it would seem 'easy' to have Ben, Vivian and Violet just become 'members' of the house....there to torment or warn or whatever the next tenants.
  I did read somewhere that this idea was the original intent of the writers but they've not confirmed if they are going to pursue it still or not.

I read that and heard that from some friends of mine who are pretty close to the show. That's still the idea, but whether they can pull it off remains to be seen. They HAVE to keep Jessica Lange around though.

In the aftermath of last nights episode I think it's safe to say that with Ben being the only member of that family alive (for now) that the writers intend on keeping with the concept of a rotating family cast in that house. Whether or not 'Constance' is killed/dies is still a question, I'd tend to think that she remains the underlying commonality in the series. Either way, this show is pretty friggin' cool. For as much as it still creeps me out and makes me genuinely freak out here and there....it is just a really well written and planned out show.
 The show was nominated for a Golden Globe..which I hope it wins and Jessica Lange was nominated for best supporting actress which if she doesn't win there should be a congressional hearing. I really liked the ending scene last night with Violet and Vivian...and have to admit that I teared up a bit  :'( It was touching to know that no matter what happens at least Violet will always have her mommy around and vice versa. I'm interested to see the first conversation with Vivian and Hayden though :o
  I don't see how Ben doesn't lose his mind and just blow his head off or something. And I'm curious as to what the little baby looks like, if he's a normal looking child or not. Oh and, that scene with a young Tate and Thadeus....when Thadeus's face slowly emerged from the blackness....pretty chilling. It makes me wonder being that Thadeus is big in that scene, and even bigger and older looking in the scene where he tore up Viloet's classmate....if he is even dead or not? Or if some way he has survived all this time and is just some sort of living demon or even the source of the 'evil' the house thrives on?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
The last two episodes have been off the charts!  :omg: I can't wait for the finally.
All I keep thinking is wow, Axman, you jumped ship too early. You missed out on a truly brilliant show. :metal

Offline masterthes

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
Yeah, who's Thaddeus? I thought Violet was a bit too emo last night for my tastes. I don't want this season to end!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
Yeah, who's Thaddeus?

Thadeus is the child of the 'original' house owners..the Dr. and his wife. Remember, he would perform abortions for the Hollywood type women. Their son was kidnapped one day in a vigilante vengence type deal..dismembered...then returned to them. The Dr. then proceeded to re-attach all the parts and used an assortment of other pieces to rebuild and reanimate Thadeus successfully. That is what led his wife to shoot and kill him then blow her head off. Apparently, he is the hellish 'monster' in the shadows. The one who took a yound Tate and who tore up Violets high school peer.