General > Movies and TV

American Horror Story On FX

(1/25) > >>

Tick:
If you like the horror genre you're going to want to check out this show. The first episode was surprisingly very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOugYXSfNow

gmillerdrake:
Yeah I thought this was a pretty good pilot and I hope the series can keep pace with it. It's not a jump out and scare you type 'scare', it's a WTF type of ate up scary. The imagry especially is very 'haunting'. I think they have some interesting characters to develop there and with just what they've shown with the back story there is an endless amount of scenarios they can take. I have to be honest, I watched this Saturday night around midnight and afterwards did not want to go into the basement and iron my clothes for the morning. It was mainly the imagry for me....just pretty weird and freaky. Interested to see how this series develops.

Tick:

--- Quote from: gmillerdrake on October 12, 2011, 10:44:15 AM ---Yeah I thought this was a pretty good pilot and I hope the series can keep pace with it. It's not a jump out and scare you type 'scare', it's a WTF type of ate up scary. The imagry especially is very 'haunting'. I think they have some interesting characters to develop there and with just what they've shown with the back story there is an endless amount of scenarios they can take. I have to be honest, I watched this Saturday night around midnight and afterwards did not want to go into the basement and iron my clothes for the morning. It was mainly the imagry for me....just pretty weird and freaky. Interested to see how this series develops.

--- End quote ---
Well said. That's what great horror is. Its when something gets embedded into your mind when you didn't even know it got in and it fucks with you later on after you thought it was over and done with. That's the kind of horror that works for me. Not the cliche type that goes for a quick startling moment.

gmillerdrake:
Anyone watch the second episode? I'm thinking FX may be on to something here. I like how just to make matters worse they are now throwing a psychotic ex-mistress into the fray. And that actress is cast perfectly cuz she looks a little nutz.
  How about the 'bad girl' closet that Constance puts her downs daughter in? WTF? And I'm still wondering the motivation behind her wanting to poison Violet....what did she do to rile her up?
  I'm a bit thrown off now about Tate. I had thought originally that he was some sort of 'ghost' kind of like the maid but Ben was speaking with Tate's mother on the phone trying to explain why he could no longer treat him. Tate seems to have some sort of intimate connection with that house so I'm curious as to what it is.
  All in all I think they moved the story along well and it still maintained that creepy edge for me.

ReaperKK:
I need to watch this show, I've seen some ads for it but haven't had the time to check it out yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version