Author Topic: The Official Video Game Thread v. My vision is augmented.  (Read 244926 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The Official Video Game Thread v. My vision is augmented.
« Reply #3500 on: August 12, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
So, Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to be an Xbox One exclusive. That's really lame.

Hopefully it's only a timed exclusive, otherwise they're cutting off a huge part of their market. The first game was good, but it's hardly a franchise that is going to make loads of people buy an Xbox.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3501 on: August 12, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »
So, Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to be an Xbox One exclusive. That's really lame.

Hopefully it's only a timed exclusive, otherwise they're cutting off a huge part of their market. The first game was good, but it's hardly a franchise that is going to make loads of people buy an Xbox.

As an Xbox One owner, I like that.  :azn:

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #3502 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:21 PM »

It wouldn't be a big deal if the first game wasn't multi-plat and that Rise of the Tomb Raider as first was made to seem like it was going to be on all consoles until today which makes this a stupid decision on Crystal Dynamics part. This game wouldn't be happening if all the other people on the Playstation consoles and PC spread word about the game since it wasn't making good sales on the last-gen consoles. So they're pretty much saying see ya suckers to about 2/3 of the people who bought the first game. Also MS was just desperate to find a title to compete with Uncharted 4 when it comes out on Holiday 2015 as well.

All in all this is just a huge fail in their PR work for not being straight up about this being an exclusive when first announced and still being dodgy and not upfront about certain questions on this topic today. But whatever, if it ends up being timed exclusive, it could be a good thing for me since it would save me the money and time for Uncharted 4 instead of both of the games at the same time. But that's if its a timed exclusive anyway.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3503 on: August 12, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »

It wouldn't be a big deal if the first game wasn't multi-plat and that Rise of the Tomb Raider as first was made to seem like it was going to be on all consoles until today which makes this a stupid decision on Crystal Dynamics part. This game wouldn't be happening if all the other people on the Playstation consoles and PC spread word about the game since it wasn't making good sales on the last-gen consoles. So they're pretty much saying see ya suckers to about 2/3 of the people who bought the first game. Also MS was just desperate to find a title to compete with Uncharted 4 when it comes out on Holiday 2015 as well.

All in all this is just a huge fail in their PR work for not being straight up about this being an exclusive when first announced and still being dodgy and not upfront about certain questions on this topic today. But whatever, if it ends up being timed exclusive, it could be a good thing for me since it would save me the money and time for Uncharted 4 instead of both of the games at the same time. But that's if its a timed exclusive anyway.
Uh, I mean, the last one was put on the Xbox One as well, and that also boosted sales figures for them. It wasn't just the Playstation and PC that saved it, so did the Xbox One. Love how this makes MS desperate instead of taking initiative to secure more exclusives for their system.

Also while sales didn't reach quite the numbers they were hoping for on the last gen consoles, it was still the best selling title of the franchise, and they still had made profits, they just hadn't hit the numbers they wanted yet.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #3504 on: August 12, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »
I know it was that's why I mentioned the 2/3 part since it was on the Xbox consoles. Exclusives usually come down to first party studios that each company, Sony and Microsoft, has. This usually is never the case with third party studios like Crystal Dynamics. I'm not saying MS is desperate but you have to acknowledge that the main reason for this deal by MS was to have some competition against Sony and Uncharted 4. Really no other big reason.

It ended up being the best selling title because of how many consoles it was on, 4, but still took until the end of the year it was released to make profit. Then the Definite Version came out which of course meant more sales and all especially with the new-gen hype to help it. I honestly don't feel too bummed out of this since things like these should cause more competition and hope it causes Sony to step their game up even more with exclusives after this.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3505 on: August 12, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
Asinine. Ignorant. Arbitrary.

...is all I can think of about exclusives. Now, having your game initially multi-platform, getting hundreds (probably more) hooked, and then isolating that market because Microsoft wants you to blow them and only them? Fucking ludicrous. I enjoyed the new TR and was looking forward to exploring a new game that fixed the reboots few problems (some glaring).  That said, I don't think I'll be buying this even if it turns out to be a timed exclusive just for the utter "FUCK YOU  ;D" this is to people like myself who got hooked on the new franchise and had the rug pulled out from under me. Part of the pleasure of knowing you're getting into a franchise is that (one hopes) the games should get better and better, fixing the problems of the former. I was really looking forward to the expanses and fixes they'd make to the second, and it does sound like they're already on their way (I read one interview that said they're looking to expand the actual tombs, one of my biggest problems with the original). Now I've all at once had all the shits I've given flushed right down the toilet. I didn't wanna flush those shits. I was saving them you fucker.

Exclusivity is utterly moronic. The only ones who care about it are the massively greedy companies and pre-pubescent teenagers that somehow feel like because they have a game that only owners of said system can play that they're special. The fuck does exclusivity do for gamers? Nothing; not for the ones over 12 anyway. You lose loyal fans and people that can't afford to buy a console (but would gladly buy the game) for a few exclusives. Shit, even if I DID have the money, I'm not buying a console for a handful of games, let alone ONE game. This utterly irks the FUCK out of me. Exclusivity should've died a long time ago, along with this annoying, abso-fucking-lutely puss-fueled 'console war' that the pimply brats that cling to one company or system as if the gamers are getting a cut of the money are fueling themselves. It is so fucking aggravating. It's one of the main aspects of console gaming that has put me, a gamer since I could use my hands (and still am, for as much as I can), completely and utterly away from my favorite hobby.

Whatever... Yay for the Xbone owners. I've been a PC gamer for a while now, and more than likely I won't be consoling again because of shit like this and the fact that if I want to play a certain game, I'm either going to have to make sacrifices and chose one over the other, or start turning tricks just so I can play games. Back in the day, I could afford it because yay youth and not a care in the world. Not anymore, it's just not possible; shame on me for even thinking we'd be past this after...oh, I dunno, over a decade. Fuck you, big wigs. I'll stick to my freedom-fueled PC. If I have to lose a few games because of it, so be it. What's funny is that it was really the prospect of a new series that excited me, I wouldn't call the TR reboot anything more than 'a very fun distraction', but I could see future titles really revamping and revitalizing the series to new heights. This, along with a slew of other games that are no doubt waiting to be tied to one console, puts a very bad taste in my mouth. Fucking money mongers...killed my favorite industry. Actually it killed everything. When the industry was new and blooming still, it was one thing...now? It's...well, revert to the first line of the post. Ugh.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:47:51 PM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3506 on: August 12, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »
I pretty much agree with you Tio. First-party exclusives are fair enough I suppose, but 3rd party ones are rubbish. Disappointing that they're still so prominent.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3507 on: August 12, 2014, 10:16:18 PM »
Kinda went off there.  :lol Long work day... But yeah I still feel that irritated and it kinda makes me sad. I want to be a console gamer but every time I get close to buying one, I am bombarded by reasons of why I lost interest in the first place.

If only Square would release KH3 or FFXV, I'd go out and buy a PS4 that second. At this point though...I actually think I might not. I'd be tempted to though. I'm just gonna be one of those gamers that buys a console at the end of it's lifetime and gets all the games at once.  :lol I'm thinking about doing that with the WiiU, just waiting for the next big first person titles and get them when they're all out.

Also, I do still have and love my 3DS. Forgot to include that. Nintendo has done very well keeping my interest, but even they have degraded in a few ways (and also made the biggest ball-drop in history by screwing up the Virtual Console...I'd give so many coins to play Super Metroid/Earthbound/Mega Man X/Mario RPG/etcetcetc :sadpanda: on my 3DS).

RIP DTP.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #3508 on: August 13, 2014, 12:47:24 AM »
I just think first party titles should usually be exclusives and not third party ones that were multiplat before. I just hope that the next big title games on both consoles(mostly PS4 since I don't have an Xbox One yet) mostly lead up to their hype and won't get delayed anymore.

And I want a release date for both FFXV and The Last Guardian soon pls. That's all I ask.

Anyway talking about exclusives though, check out the teaser for the new Silent Hill game by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro for the PS4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0thrqa2Ww

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #3509 on: August 13, 2014, 03:41:04 AM »
Ooh as long as the actual gameplay isn't all first person I have high hopes for this. But that first person section at the house looked like you might as well be playing Slender or Gone Home or something.

I've just read that it looks like Yamaoka is back for the soundtrack  :metal

edit: Just played through the demo but couldn't quite beat it, no one online has figured out a reliable way to finish the game. At least I got to the end segment that everyone got stuck on  :lol
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:07:09 AM by Genowyn »

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #3510 on: August 13, 2014, 07:20:35 AM »
The wording they're using on the new Tomb Raider is exclusive to X-Box for holiday 2015, so it'll probably just hit PS4 and PC in spring/summer 2016.

I want to see more on WiLD. And excited for that new Silent Hill.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #3511 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:58 AM »
I would love to see Bloodborne and MGS V Phantom Pain being released for PC, sucks that it's not gonna happen  :\
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #3512 on: August 13, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »
More about the Silent Hill demo, I'll add that it looks great and is pretty damn scary. If you have a PS4 you definitely need to try it out.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #3513 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:38 AM »
So to sorta put an end to this exclusivity deal of Tomb Raider, MS has confirmed that it has its duration meaning its just a timed exclusive. Good for me though cause it gives me time between Uncharted 4 and Tomb Raider.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3514 on: August 13, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Yesterday I got screwed by a game company, and today it is I WHO IS BEING BLOWN! FUUUUUCKING HELL YES!!!!!!

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-ground-zeroes-coming-to-pc

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

RIP DTP.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #3515 on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »
I would love to see Bloodborne and MGS V Phantom Pain being released for PC, sucks that it's not gonna happen  :\

Yesterday I got screwed by a game company, and today it is I WHO IS BEING BLOWN! FUUUUUCKING HELL YES!!!!!!

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-2014-metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-ground-zeroes-coming-to-pc

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HOLY FUCK, IT'S HAPPENING  :metal :metal :metal :metal
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #3516 on: August 13, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
Bloodborn on PC would be....oh man, I'm afraid to hope for it.

RIP DTP.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #3517 on: August 13, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »
My issue with The Longest Journey is how much information it told you that it didn't need to tell you. It goes beyond worldbuilding, even. You learn a lot about characters who are basically irrelevant after their one scene. Also, some of the screens are big and you have to cross them multiple times (that huge one by the warehouse area or whatever being the prime offended, dear god)
It's a solid enough adventure game though all things considered

That certainly rings true. The opening of the game is also very slow when it comes to all that dialogue that basically doesn't really matter in the end. But on the other hand, it ensures that you as a player become part of April's daily world etc.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #3518 on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:17 PM »

I wouldn't worry about it. Rayman Legends was going to be a Wii U exclusive, and Ubisoft soon realized how utterly suicidal that was to the game's sales numbers and fixed it at the last second. Hopefully however much money Microsoft paid CD to make Rise an Xbone exclusive will outweigh the enormous lack of sales from gamers who jumped over to PS4 from 360.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3519 on: August 14, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »
Should have a little extra cash coming in soon, going to get a PS4 so I have all 3 current gen consoles. aw yissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anywho, drunkenly played a round of Titanfall, was MVP on my team. sup ma'fuckas, I rock a this game, even drunk.

Offline Full Speed

« Reply #3520 on: August 14, 2014, 06:12:02 AM »
Now that MGSV is coming to PC I have little to no drive to get a current gen console. I'll probably get a PS4 for Uncharted 4 if they turns out being really good, but that's the only thing on the horizon that I really care about right now.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3521 on: August 14, 2014, 07:42:57 AM »
Beat the Stone Template last night. Now I just need to collect one more mask and get three more heart pieces before taking on the end of the game.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #3522 on: August 14, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
Should have a little extra cash coming in soon, going to get a PS4 so I have all 3 current gen consoles. aw yissssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anywho, drunkenly played a round of Titanfall, was MVP on my team. sup ma'fuckas, I rock a this game, even drunk.

Nice, I still have some time to go to getting a chance of getting an Xbox One so I can have 2 of the current gen consoles. But don't mind since the PS4 has been enough for me right now and after playing Battlefield 4 for so long and playing with some of the top teams and players, it got old surprisingly. Now I've been kicking ass on The Last of Us multiplayer.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3523 on: August 14, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »
Beat the Stone Template last night. Now I just need to collect one more mask and get three more heart pieces before taking on the end of the game.

It's a shame you don't get the Great Fairy Sword earlier. By the time you get it, you really don't have much to do/kill.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #3524 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:16 PM »

Nice, I still have some time to go to getting a chance of getting an Xbox One so I can have 2 of the current gen consoles. But don't mind since the PS4 has been enough for me right now and after playing Battlefield 4 for so long and playing with some of the top teams and players, it got old surprisingly. Now I've been kicking ass on The Last of Us multiplayer.
The Last of Us multiplayer is what all other MPs aspire to be. Wicked tight gameplay, actual strategy, a leveling system that isn't just "kill X and your level increases," and most of all, teamwork that's actually rewarded.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #3525 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »
The Last of Us multiplayer is what all other MPs aspire to be. Wicked tight gameplay, actual strategy, a leveling system that isn't just "kill X and your level increases," and most of all, teamwork that's actually rewarded.

Yes, one the few MPs that I actually try to talk to anybody on my team every round cause it makes the game so much more better and fun while in games like BF4, didn't care for not talking to anybody when not playing with friends or anything and could still dominate games sometimes by myself. I actually am surprised with how much I've been enjoying The Last of Us MP.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #3526 on: August 15, 2014, 04:13:11 PM »

It's a shame you don't get the Great Fairy Sword earlier. By the time you get it, you really don't have much to do/kill.

That thing is beastly. It makes battles almost as big of a joke as with the Fierce Deity's Mask.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3527 on: August 16, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »
Has anyone played Limbo. Shit be scary, yo.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #3528 on: August 16, 2014, 12:23:26 PM »
Limbo was the game that make me sit up and take notice about this "indy gaming" thing.

That game is so great! Wait until you finish it.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #3529 on: August 16, 2014, 12:56:05 PM »
I'm done for today, but it's great. I'm interested in how the game plays out towards the end, given the fact that there doesn't really seem to be a plot, really.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #3530 on: August 16, 2014, 03:22:59 PM »
Enjoying Robocraft right now, though it can be a little annoying at times  :lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #3531 on: August 16, 2014, 04:18:04 PM »
if anyone here has an xbox one, I've got one now, own forza, and will be getting destiny, the master chief collection, and probably another game or two this fall.

GT: bigsolar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #3532 on: August 16, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
Limbo does atmosphere really well and the secret level is absolutely amazing but I wasn't too impressed by the gameplay otherwise which is holding it back from being "great", so it's just merely "good" to me. Which is better than "bad' admittedly.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #3533 on: August 22, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »
I tried starting Ocarina of Time after beating Majora's Mask and man, getting around in that game is tedious after getting used to the Bunny Hood, Goron Roll, and owl statue warps.