Author Topic: RIP  (Read 1452 times)

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
RIP
« on: October 11, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
RIP to my baby snake Piccolini...she was such a pretty thing, and she was teeny tiny. I loved her so much. Her nose was the first nose I've ever seen peeking out an egg in the flesh. She meant so much to me. I just checked on her and she was dead. She looked awful. I thought she was sick. I went to feed her and she was not alive. I'll miss her so much. I have her sibling and her parents. I have pictures with me and her and Inca (her sis/bro) as well. But I'm going to miss her sooooo much...I never even got to see her 2nd shed.  :'(

Pictures:

She is the one on the left side

The sweetest thing I ever saw...her little nose peeking out at the world...
The other eggs look terrible. They went bad. Piccolini and Inca survived, as well as Tsukie, who belongs to my little sister's friend.
Ironically, Maya (sis's friend) was going to originally have Piccolini. I am so glad she didn't. It would have crushed her to have had her snake die. I'm heartbroken, but I have 9 others that I care for immensley. Maya wouldn't have had any left and I was originally going to sell Inca and keep Tsukie. The way things worked out, I am happy about, but I can't believe she's gone.

Anyway, she's buried with 4 other fish in a Epiphylum. So far, we've had 21 blooms with the fish, even though average blooms are 3-5.

I love you Piccolini  :heart
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: RIP
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »
Damn! Sorry to hear about this pal  :'( Hope you can find a good distraction to ease your way through such a shitty day. Best wishes.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
I've had a snake for the past 8 years, almost 9. I'm really sorry to hear that.  :sad:

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »
@#!*% ! Sorry to hear about this pal  :'( Hope you can find a good distraction to ease your way through such a  @#!*%  day. Best wishes.
Just lots of music and looking through pictures..not of Piccolini, that'll make me way too sad...pictures of...JLB  :angel:

I've had a snake for the past 8 years, almost 9. I'm really sorry to hear that.  :sad:
It's really horrible losing a snake. Seems like yours is doing very well. I hope you get many more happy years out of him
(and if he's something like a Ball python or a Boa, you may very well get many, many, MANY years!!!!!)
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I'm a huge reptile enthusiast and have owned many snakes as well. They are always so fragile and sensative when they are very young. But from what you describe about the other eggs, there may have been an underlying issue.
  Keep your spirits high though, your other 'kiddos' are going to need you to be 'you'.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:49:36 PM »
It's really horrible losing a snake. Seems like yours is doing very well. I hope you get many more happy years out of him
(and if he's something like a Ball python or a Boa, you may very well get many, many, MANY years!!!!!)

Hah, he happens to be a ball python, yeah.  :lol

But you're dedicated to the craft of keeping a snake, it seems. I'm sure you can keep 'em for many years, too.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I'm a huge reptile enthusiast and have owned many snakes as well. They are always so fragile and sensative when they are very young. But from what you describe about the other eggs, there may have been an underlying issue.
  Keep your spirits high though, your other 'kiddos' are going to need you to be 'you'.
Yeah, I just had zero luck. Mama is old too. This was her last clutch...

Hah, he happens to be a ball python, yeah.  :lol

But you're dedicated to the craft of keeping a snake, it seems. I'm sure you can keep 'em for many years, too.
I am dedicated and I hope I can keep them all for many years and so far none of the others ones have any problems, besides the fact that I get the vibe at Eden hates me  :xbones
But I just feel so guilty even though there was nothing I could have done...I feel like I should have fed her more, given her more baths so I know she had water. But I assumed she was fine eating every 5 days and assumed she was drinking. I've seen her near her water bowl. She was drinking....oohhh I don't know, I am a wreck right now...
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 01:59:01 PM »
That sucks, really sad to hear that.  :( RIP

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:39 PM »
....oohhh I don't know, I am a wreck right now...
Don't beat yourself up with the 'I could have's and should have's'. It sounds to me like you are very experienced in tending to snakes and animals in general. I highly doubt that anything further you could have done would have changed the outcome for that poor little fella. I'm assuming that you have a great understanding and appreciation for the natural world and the beauty and splendor that lies within judging from your posts. This really just sounds like a case of 'natural selection'. Even though your baby snake was in an "artificial" environment...whatever the sickness or abnormality it was carrying very well may have been detected by the snakes inherant, instinctual 'self' and it could have just shut down it's body in order to protect other species, brothers, sisters and snakes in general from whatever had infected or contracted from that clutch of eggs. I'd look at that tiny trooper as brave and nobel...she was definately a survivor just to make it out. You say it was the moms last clutch, even in humans the later in life a woman has a child the odds increase for certain genetic abnormalities, complications and such. I honestly think this was probably the case with that last batch of babies.
  Take a bit of time to reflect and remember your little gal but don't get to distracted from it. Sounds like to me you have a couple other little creatures that need you on your toes to tend to them. 

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 02:31:04 PM »
....oohhh I don't know, I am a wreck right now...
Don't beat yourself up with the 'I could have's and should have's'. It sounds to me like you are very experienced in tending to snakes and animals in general. I highly doubt that anything further you could have done would have changed the outcome for that poor little fella. I'm assuming that you have a great understanding and appreciation for the natural world and the beauty and splendor that lies within judging from your posts. This really just sounds like a case of 'natural selection'. Even though your baby snake was in an "artificial" environment...whatever the sickness or abnormality it was carrying very well may have been detected by the snakes inherant, instinctual 'self' and it could have just shut down it's body in order to protect other species, brothers, sisters and snakes in general from whatever had infected or contracted from that clutch of eggs. I'd look at that tiny trooper as brave and nobel...she was definately a survivor just to make it out. You say it was the moms last clutch, even in humans the later in life a woman has a child the odds increase for certain genetic abnormalities, complications and such. I honestly think this was probably the case with that last batch of babies.
  Take a bit of time to reflect and remember your little gal but don't get to distracted from it. Sounds like to me you have a couple other little creatures that need you on your toes to tend to them. 

Oh you bet I have a couple others...9 others. And they need me and I'm not going to let this slag my care on them. In fact I'm going to try to be an even better owner to them all...I just can't believe I lost her  :'(
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:39 PM »
 :sadpanda: :sadpanda: