Author Topic: Liberation vs salvation  (Read 724 times)

Offline AndyDT

Liberation vs salvation
« on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:12 AM »
I've talked a lot to people about what is the most important part of christianity and I've compared it to people I've encountered or known.
I have to say that the thing that probably I think shows Christ's message at it's best is whether somebody is a user or not. We can talk about ego and presence and personally I find controlling them a lynchpin but when it comes to people I find I have  a lot of respect for those with a heart who try as a rule to be loving, gentle in some ways or try to return to that as fast and as often as possible.

I like hinduism and the concept of purification and personally find that essential and life giving but it won't lead to liberation and it didn't lead Gandhi to liberation in life. Even if you have insane levels of energy, treat everybody perfectly, achieve maximum strength, fitness, agilility etc, achieve the highest prizes, prayer constantly, meditate, live with virtue that is never enough - never enough to thank God for the experience of life. I've found you can never be grateful enough for life. I've been having days like this and it's crazy - you have so much energy and you know you want to make the best use of it and can't be grateful enough because there's not enough time and not enough you physically can do in this body.

Also, people like Dan Millman who had an elightenment experience say that it doesn't last because it's transitory like any other human experience or that there's a honeymoon period and then you have to work hard again.

This brings it back to christ's and others' message of love for God and mankind. Ultimately I believe if there is any at all there is no true liberation only the grace of salvation through forgiveness and eternal life.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 03:17:56 AM by AndyDT »