Author Topic: What is Dream Theater's policy on cameras?  (Read 12935 times)

Offline DT2003

Re: Are pictures allowed on this leg of the tour?
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »
conversation I had with PNC on-line rep

James_ZWS572: Hi, my name is James_ZWS572, please give me a moment to review your information and I would be happy to assist you today.

James_ZWS572: hello William! I apologize, but if the venue does not permit something, the band will not be changing that policy. The venue's rules apply for the show.

William Kimlingen: its vice versa  the venues policy is cameras permitted, my question is the band has asked in the past that pictures not be, does the bands policy override the venue

James_ZWS572: No it does not. The venue's word is law in this instance, for lack of a better term.

William Kimlingen: thank you

I'm guessing it depends on the venue as to whether they will follow the bands requests.  As big as PNC is, they probably don't want to have their staff worrying about stopping people from taking pictures.  At the two shows I was at last year though (Morristown, NJ & Albany, NY) the venue followed DT's orders.  So much that at the Albany show, security was right on you if you even as much as took your cell phone out. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »
I always figured that when venues do have a camera policy, the stricter policy applies.  In other words, either party can restrict photography.  I generally assume that most venues just don't care, but clearly some do. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
At the Austin show there was like two people enforcing the rule over the first 10 rows or so and then it's free town.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline DTFan0789

Re: What is Dream Theater's policy on cameras?
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
I almost got raped by security when I saw them last October just for taking a picture with my cellphone.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 11:04:43 AM »
I almost got raped by security when I saw them last October just for taking a picture with my cellphone.

Actually, I talked to security at that show.  They assured me that while your lips may have said "no," your eyes definitely said "yes."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »
 :rollin

I have to say that of the three shows I went to, venue security was the most militant at last night's show - but, I did manage to get SOME shots.  Not as many as I had gotten the prior two shows though.