Author Topic: High School Nostalgia  (Read 8486 times)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: High School Nostalgia
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2011, 12:15:19 AM »
Fucking loved high school. I went to a small arts school so my graduating class was only like 250 so we were basically all friends. No cliques, none of that stereotypical stupid shit you see on TV.

Also 90% of the people in my grade were lazy, lazy bastards just like me. I remember no-one won the election for class president because there were only 3 votes (one for "principal ___ is a faggot", and the two candidates who voted for themselves). Basically everyone was in on every joke, and no-one ratted out anyone else. We're all still close friends and all hang out together very often.
I also remember the principal used to show up to the school dances drunk off his ass and fuck the hot, hot office aids.

I've heard the school's changed lately though. They're basically trying to turn it into an actual school and not a place where kids can go smoke pot and hang out until they get their diploma.

HS was fucking awesome

:rollin
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2011, 12:45:05 AM »
Orbert and Fuzzboy I am just as much impressed by your stories as I am intensely envious of your having had a much more interesting and fulfilling teenagehood than mine.   :tup

(All I've got going for me is my potential ability to do what I want when I get my license by lying.)

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2011, 12:47:23 AM »
Oops. I meant to say my graduating class was around 50, the entire school was 250 students.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2011, 12:48:55 AM »
That makes more sense.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2011, 12:54:18 AM »
That sounds awesome.

Fuck high school.

"I just wanna look back and say that I did it the best I could while I was stuck in this place. Had as much fun as I could when I was stuck in this place. Played as hard as I could when I was stuck in this place. Dogged as many chicks as I could when I was stuck in this place."
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »
I went to a public school and never had problems like you people are bringing up.  Of course, I had some real old school teachers.  Some of them had no qualms of physically picking someone out of their seat and hauling them to the office if they were being disruptive, and others would just ask the students to "take care of problems".  There were very few who would put up with BS, and most of the trouble making students were shipped off the Vo-Tech school, which was a raging shithole because thats what all of the other schools did as well  :lol

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »
Never had a problem with High School. I grew up in a small town so there weren't many cliques (except for maybe the 'douchebag stoners' and then 'everyone else, including the stoners that weren't doucehbags') and most people knew each other. I never really got picked on much and everyone liked me or didn't hate me enough to go out of their way to show it.

Honestly, Junior High and Grade School was worse. Kids were such shitheads at those ages and with High School, I at least had SOME say in what classes I wanted to take whereas with Grade School it was all 'Okay, math is over, take out your blunted scissors and 4-inch  thick construction paper and... JIMMY, STOP EATING GLUE!' Fuck that. I don't miss much from those days.

Not that I'm really all that nostalgic about HS. It was just a part of my life. For every teacher that put me to sleep during class, there was always another that managed to make even the dreariest of subjects bearable . I suck ass at math (I barely passed Algebra and that was with spending a lot of time after school working on it... with my Algebra teacher who kinda sucked), but my Geometry teacher was great. He knew how to teach and get the information across without just blindly lecturing.

I took a 'study period' in which I was supposed to be working on my computer programming, but I spent most of the time online and playing MUDS with my friends.

My World Geography teacher was great. Every year, he'd let the students pick which countries we wanted to study and then he'd talk about those. He also told stories of his debauched college lifestyle, which were also informative and entertaining.

I do really miss college though. If I could figure out how to Van Wilder my way through life, I'd totally do it. Fuck working. Jobs suck.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »
high school can still fuck itself in the ass

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2011, 07:28:06 AM »
Key Stage 3 of High School/Secondary School/Whatever sucked ass. I was an easy target for bullies because I was a complete nerd. I didn't start wearing make up until the end of KS3 and barely anybody saw me out of school. Plus, I went to an anime convention. That pretty much sums up how much of a nerd and outcast I was :')

Key Stage 4 was a lot better, I moved form groups and got some choice in what subjects I did, so I made a lot more friends and didn't get bullied as much. I ended up getting invited to parties and I could get away with not doing any school work. Explains why I got my D in German :') Funnily enough, the only subject I did do work for.

Key Stage 5/College/6th Form/Nerrrr is awesome. They treat us like adults now, I have even more friends because loads of people have gone to different colleges, we hang out, we talk, we muck about in the common room, and we have study periods. But I have to do work now. That sucks.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2011, 07:39:43 AM »
I always hated school in general, but I did have a lot of fun in high school.  I had a great group of friends (almost all of whom I am still friends with and still see on a regular basis).  Unfortunately my parents were pretty strict so I wasn't allowed to really go anywhere most of the time...my friends have way better high school stories than I do.

But I very fondly remember the days of flannel shirts, Doc Martens and Nirvana  :heart  (Oh, who am I kidding I still wear Doc Martens and listen to Nirvana..and I think I still have a flannel shirt or two lying around here somewhere  :lol)
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »
My favorite memory of my first high school was on the last day of school (ever for this school as it shut down) when the dean of students called me a mother fucker.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2011, 10:21:10 PM »
 :metal
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.