Author Topic: High School Nostalgia  (Read 8484 times)

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
High School Nostalgia
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:40:39 AM »
So, here is a dedicated place for people to talk about how much they loved high school, I guess.

I'm still in high school and dislike it, but I mean, you guys deserve a place.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: High School Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:48:10 AM »
I doubt many people will admit to having high school nostalgia.

But I do. I'm a sophomore in college and I miss it a lot. I'm not sure why, because honestly, college is so much easier. I think I just miss the many people I was friends with who moved away after graduation. The realization that I'll probably never talk to them again is really depressing.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline MykeHavoc

• Send More Cops
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:16 AM »
I miss my hair and being thin. Fuck nostalgia :angry:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:41 AM »
I remember every time I would complain about High School, someone (usually a teacher) would always say the same cliche along the lines of "school years are the best years of your life. You'll look back on these years and miss them".

Damn them and their dirty, filthy lies.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:13:51 AM »
Hell, I didn't enjoy high school and I get nostalgic sometimes.

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »
I'm only nostalgic for the ladies. If I saw them now, they be mad-hella ugly.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »
I hated high school, but I miss a lot of the people I knew back then. Lots of fun times. Overall, a lot of the people I went to high school with were cool people, sadly I can not say the same for my current college.

But yeah, high school itself sucks.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:58:15 AM »
I doubt many people will admit to having high school nostalgia.

But I do. I'm a sophomore in college and I miss it a lot. I'm not sure why, because honestly, college is so much easier. I think I just miss the many people I was friends with who moved away after graduation. The realization that I'll probably never talk to them again is really depressing.

who is what don't i even this?
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »
My high school was harder than college. College is more work, sure, but I find getting an A is a lot easier than it was in high school. I've made the dean's list 3 times now and have put minimal effort into school.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 07:07:14 AM »
I do twice as much work and my gpa is 1 whole point below what it was in high school.

then again, I'm an electrical engineering major...
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 07:07:19 AM »
High school was awesome. It was basically just haning out wiht friends all the time. School was pretty easy for me, so I just remember all the fun I had.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 07:43:17 AM »
I don't really remember High School, it wasn't bad or anything but university is where all my awesome memories were made.

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »
I remember every time I would complain about High School, someone (usually a teacher) would always say the same cliche along the lines of "school years are the best years of your life. You'll look back on these years and miss them".

Damn them and their dirty, filthy lies.
This wasnt true in my case.  I had more fun after college than I did in college or high school.  I had a job with a good paycheck and was able to do lots of things I wanted.  I have no fond memories of high school, good or bad.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »
I do twice as much work and my gpa is 1 whole point below what it was in high school.

then again, I'm an electrical engineering major...

Yeah, and you go to Virginia Tech. I go to a shitty inner city state college that is far below my academic capabilities, so I guess that makes sense.  :lol

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
I miss playing football and basketball.  They were the only reason I didn't start college early.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
I was a complete ghost.
I bought only the final year book. And appeared in two pictures. The grad and the class photo. Now, the amount of signatures and large pages of script written by girls in my year book redeams me somewhat....but....at the same time it doesn't
I was every girl's friend.
But nobody's boyfriend.
Not once.
Not ever.

I could have, should have been on the school hockey team, but I was too lazy and somewhat afraid of failing in front of so many.Many of my friends played, some of them who could barely skate. They got jackets and I was envious.

So.
My nostalgia consists mostly of regret. Regret that I didn't fuck-around more. Didn't participate more. Didn't matter more. It's slightly comforting to go to reunions and be better looking NOW than all of the people where attractive THEN.

but still.
*sigh*
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 10:06:59 AM »
Whatever little nostalgia I had was quenched shortly after joining Facebook and getting friended and friending crackers I haven't seen since high school.  I didn't attend the recent 25-year reunion despite the plethora of Facebook-driven anticipation leading up to it.  Too much Al Bundyism.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »
My worst nightmares are always related with me having to go back to highschool.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 12:40:14 PM »
I remember all the girls that ruined my life just by existing.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 01:08:45 PM »
High school was awesome. It was basically just haning out wiht friends all the time. School was pretty easy for me, so I just remember all the fun I had.

^^This. I had so much fun in High School. I really miss it sometimes.

*snip

:rollin :rollin
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Liberation

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »
Just started studying and I don't regret even a bit. It was definitely the worst part of my life and at one point it could have ended really badly, I'm not looking back and I won't ever miss it. I see it as a time where you either fit in or you're fucked, there's no other choice.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 01:24:36 PM »
Highschool for me was nearly 30 years ago so the nostalgia has been replaced by amnesia.  :lol

But seriously, I have no agonizing memories of HS other than the fact that I hated homework and just school work in general.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 01:26:36 PM »
Still in High School. It's been going alright.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »
I loved high school.... I was a bad bad girl... wagging, smoking, leading lots of others astray... and stuff... but I was never punished... because they needed me  ;D
I was captain of the basketball team... performing on the dance team.... winning awards... a bright student.... he he I really abused this  :xbones

good times...
do not miss it though... life gets better and better...

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
I loved high school.... I was a bad bad girl... wagging, smoking, leading lots of others astray... and stuff... but I was never punished... because they needed me  ;D
I was captain of the basketball team... performing on the dance team.... winning awards... a bright student.... he he I really abused this  :xbones

good times...
Wagging?  If DTVT had posted this I wouldn't be curious,  but in your case...
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
I loved high school.  I had three periods of academics (Physics, AP English, and US History) and three periods of band (Symphonic Band, Concert Band, and Jazz Band), so half my day was spent making music.  Since it was a given that I'd get A's in all three Band classes, all I had to do was pull at least C's in my other classes and I had a B average.  That meant homework was pretty much optional.  I got to see all my friends every day, and most of my teachers were awesome.  Best days of my life.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »

good times...

:) well, my school was only 2 hours away from the beach... sometimes we (2 other crazy ladies) were wearing our bikinis underneath... and leaving the house with uniforms.... then hitchhiking to the beach... when my mum asked me why I had a tan... I would say that I cycled under the sun  ;D

I don't know either howcome such a wicked girl like me came this far in life....  :o

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 02:08:40 PM »

good times...

:) well, my school was only 2 hours away from the beach... sometimes we (2 other crazy ladies) were wearing our bikinis underneath... and leaving the house with uniforms.... then hitchhiking to the beach... when my mum asked me why I had a tan... I would say that I cycled under the sun  ;D

I don't know either howcome such a wicked girl like me came this far in life....  :o

Sounds like you are a smart girl so that helps a lot. Plus, you've got the looks  ;)
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 02:13:52 PM »
 :-* :heart

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
Loved it... 1978-1982... some great great years.. I had a blast
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »

good times...

Wait...what?  How'd I get dragged into this?  or did I just make the appropriate pun?

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 02:32:13 PM »
Fucking loved high school. I went to a small arts school so my graduating class was only like 250 so we were basically all friends. No cliques, none of that stereotypical stupid shit you see on TV.

Also 90% of the people in my grade were lazy, lazy bastards just like me. I remember no-one won the election for class president because there were only 3 votes (one for "principal ___ is a faggot", and the two candidates who voted for themselves). Basically everyone was in on every joke, and no-one ratted out anyone else. We're all still close friends and all hang out together very often.
I also remember the principal used to show up to the school dances drunk off his ass and fuck the hot, hot office aids.

I've heard the school's changed lately though. They're basically trying to turn it into an actual school and not a place where kids can go smoke pot and hang out until they get their diploma.

HS was fucking awesome
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
High School was all about friends for me (some of which were teachers). I hated getting up to go to school, sitting in class, and everything that just went along with it, but I loved being able to see and talk to my good friends almost everyday. Now that I'm in college those people have either moved away, or we're just too busy to get together. I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas when everyone comes home for a little bit. There's gonna be some crazy nights in my future, and I can't wait.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
Wish i woulda been as out going and open in high school as I am now... then maybe I woulda gotten laid / had more fun in school. I miss the social interactions... but also I am still in contact with the few friends I had.. so its all good... Also kinda wish I was single during my second half.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"