Author Topic: This is sick, check it out!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Zorander

• DT.net Veteran
  • Rice-megatron expert
This is sick, check it out!
« on: October 01, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »
edit: Not really sick, but I had to change the title cause I havent even got 1 damn view on the post.. wtf!! :) Thanks for looking ;)

Hi,

I recently started listening to Jonny Lang, and I quite enjoy his music. I like this kind of bluesy stuff.

However, what promted me to start this thread is to get some help.. See, I was listening to a song of his called "Turn Around", quite good actually but besides the point, and for quite a time I was almost certain I was listening to Pain of Salvation! I actually had to check that I was still playing a Jonny Lang album. And I was.

Someone care to listen to it, and if youīre a PoS fan, maybe you could explain to me why this popped into my head? :-) 

Btw, specifically, I was listening to a live album called "Live at the Ryman". Actually, listen to the whole album if your a PoS fan and like the Road Salt stuff.. cause when I think about it (note, I havent really listened extensively to PoS or RS for a long time), a lot of the music reminds me a bit of that!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:19:33 AM by Zorander »
Vanity, my favourite sin.

Offline Zorander

• DT.net Veteran
  • Rice-megatron expert
Re: This is sick, check it out!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 06:03:50 AM »
Bump.

No one cares to check this out?  :sadpanda:

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:25:33 AM »
Try posting a link to some material.  I never heard of Jonny Lang, so I certainly don't have any of his albums.

I'm assuming the same could be said for the bulk of the forum.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
My dad likes Jonny Lang...
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Zorander

• DT.net Veteran
  • Rice-megatron expert
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 11:06:27 AM »
Hehe, I figured most people are aware of the various possibilities that exist to find and listen to music if they want  :angel: But, since you insist, heres a link to grooveshark:

https://grooveshark.com/s/Turn+Around/3DpgLN?src=5

Enjoy :)

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 02:22:04 PM »
People are aware, but going all the way to the top of my browser and opening a new tab is a totally arduous task. If it ain't hyperlinked it's no deal.

Offline Zorander

• DT.net Veteran
  • Rice-megatron expert
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »
People are aware, but going all the way to the top of my browser and opening a new tab is a totally arduous task. If it ain't hyperlinked it's no deal.

Of course, I was just being a bit of an arse.. I know people are lazy when it comes to stuff like that, Iīm the same mostly   ;)

Btw, now you have no excuse!  :biggrin:

Offline Zorander

• DT.net Veteran
  • Rice-megatron expert
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 04:54:43 PM »
Disregard that stuff about Road Salt ... I think I was way off. But anyhow, the song still reminds me of something from PoS, but I just canīt figure out which song. So that is my main agenda with this thread :P Tried to listen through some of the PoS discography but I couldnīt find it. Would be glad if someone could check it out :) Peace out.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »
Pretty sweet song, actually.  Not my usual kind of thing, but I really dug it.

I can see the Road Salt similarities, mostly in the vocals; the guy has a similar vocal style to Daniel's in the RS albums.  As far as specific songs, I guess it sounds sort of like a cross between Tell Me You Don't Know and Of Dust.  Maybe a bit of Darkness of Mine in there.  I think.