Author Topic: Yahoo's Top Ten Worst Heavy Metal Albums  (Read 8432 times)

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Yahoo's Top Ten Worst Heavy Metal Albums
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
Nope. I agree with you.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks Kiss is not metal by any stretch of the imagination?

Kiss is just Rock N' Roll that comes from the crotch.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2011, 03:06:03 PM »
Yeah, pretty much. :lol :lol

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »
Kiss isn't metal, and neither is Van Halen.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2011, 03:32:58 PM »
Lol opinions as statistics.

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
To whoever said DM is the best album since Justice.... DM is better than the black album? REALLY?  :omg:

I like it more, though I cannot definitively say it's better.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2011, 04:32:14 PM »
once again, I have no connection with mainstream tastes

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2011, 04:32:38 PM »
I'm gonna go there and say The Unforgiven pt.3 is fucking amazing.  I used to sing that every morning on the way to class my sophmore year.

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »
I'm gonna go there and say The Unforgiven pt.3 is fucking amazing.  I used to sing that every morning on the way to class my sophmore year.

I know a lot of people hated another Unforgiven revisit but it's probably my favorite song off DM.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »
To whoever said DM is the best album since Justice.... DM is better than the black album? REALLY?  :omg:

Same here. Black Album is a classic, but I really really like Death Magnetic. I agree with others about The Unforgiven III.

This list, btw, can bite it. I love Bark At The Moon.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »
The self titled disc from Crue is very very underated; great hard rock/metal disc and its neck and neck with Shout at the Devil for my favorite Crue album.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »

Same here. Black Album is a classic, but I really really like Death Magnetic. I agree with others about The Unforgiven III.

Add me to the list of folks that like DM better than tba. I'd even scream it from the top of a mountain if I had one to climb. I won't generalize but I do think there are a fair amount of DM dissenters that just dislike it because they feel Metallica shouldn't even try to do thrash if they can't be very close to the quality level of the golden three. Or maybe they're worried the Load/Reload style is one they won't revisit (assuming they liked that style anyway.)
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Ħ

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
I don't like those bands, but it looks like those are really the worst albums by popular bands, because there is some crap metal out there.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Liberation

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »

Add me to the list of folks that like DM better than tba. I'd even scream it from the top of a mountain if I had one to climb. I won't generalize but I do think there are a fair amount of DM dissenters that just dislike it because they feel Metallica shouldn't even try to do thrash if they can't be very close to the quality level of the golden three. Or maybe they're worried the Load/Reload style is one they won't revisit (assuming they liked that style anyway.)
Pretty much agreed. Death Magnetic it's a very good album. Though if they produced it again... that would be amazing.

Also, I really like The Unforgiven III too.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »
Dm is a pretty good record, overall. BI hope Lulu is at leas as good as it.

Never Say Die is also pretty good.  Johnny Blade is one of my favorite sabbath tunes post-MOR-pre-Dio.  Same for Junior's Eyes and Hard Road.

Fear of the Dark is a great album, and I will champion it without fear!

Offline YtseJam

• EZBoard Elder
  • Your mom
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2011, 07:16:15 PM »
I'm glad they went with Fear of the Dark for Maiden.  It really is their worst album, but people like to hate on the Blaze material for some reason.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
Dm is a pretty good record, overall. BI hope Lulu is at leas as good as it.

Never Say Die is also pretty good.  Johnny Blade is one of my favorite sabbath tunes post-MOR-pre-Dio.  Same for Junior's Eyes and Hard Road.

Fear of the Dark is a great album, and I will champion it without fear!
Lulu doesn't need to be, its not a main Metallica project.  Its just a side project.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »
I'm glad they went with Fear of the Dark for Maiden.  It really is their worst album, but people like to hate on the Blaze material for some reason.

Because Virtual XI is shit.

Fear of the Dark at least has a handful of decent songs.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
Like the title track which is one of their best songs.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline ehra

« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2011, 07:44:11 PM »
St. Anger

Shit list. I'd say I stopped reading there, but it was already at the end.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »

Offline Liberation

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2011, 08:10:03 PM »
You called this album shit.

The album that contains The Clansman.

The Clansman.

The Clansman.

The Clansman.

...I wanted to do put some "ROAR" stuff here, but I think you get the idea.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
NOT.....EVEN.......CLOSE (Well maybe 1/10)

This is seriously lacking Cryptopsy's The Unspoken King, Queensryche's Addicted To Chaos, Any Deathcore album, and plenty of others.
I like you.
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »
Love Beach is the shittiest metal album I've ever seen. Cover is wicked  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal though

Offline jammindude

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »
You called this album shit.

The album that contains The Clansman.

The Clansman.

The Clansman.

The Clansman.

...I wanted to do put some "ROAR" stuff here, but I think you get the idea.

Yes, but we're also talking about..

Don't look to...don't look to...don't look to the eyes of a stranger
Don't look to...don't look to...don't look to...don't look to
Don't look to...don't look to...don't look to...don't look to

(and it case you forget....**IT DOESN'T STOP THERE**)

And please...don't make me post the lyrics for the final six minutes of the Angel and the Gambler!   I think my point is clear!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Liberation

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
I agree it's a very inconsistent album, but definitely not shit.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »

Other than the salvageable Clansman (which is far better with Bruce anyway, but decent with Blaze) there is NOTHING else on that album that is not blatantly embarrassing. 

And I say this as someone who actually defends Blaze, and even LOVED X Factor.  (very underrated album...far better than most people give it credit for).   The problem was not with Blaze.   It was like Steve Harris forgot everything he ever knew about writing a decent song....and then everyone who surrounded the entire Iron Maiden camp lost the balls to simply walk up to Steve, put their arm around him and say..."Steve....really?  6 f*&^ing minutes of the same repeated phrase that wasn't that good to begin with???  REALLY???"

Virtual XI is Iron Maiden's St. Anger....as a matter of fact I will go on record as saying that IMO St. Anger has BETTER SONGWRITING than Virtual XI.  (not sound production...just song writing).     It is to the Iron Maiden catalog what the prequels are to Star Wars.   I'd almost rather believe that Steve Harris was kidnapped and replaced by a clone than believe that Virtual XI is a real Iron Maiden album.   

For the most part...in 99% of all cases, I consider myself to be very objective.    I liked Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.   I defend St. Anger.  I like the new Lulu project with Lou Reed.  I like Judas Priest's Turbo (while acknowledging that it's not one of their brighter moments)....in other words, I consider myself to be very liberal in what I like, and extremely open minded.    But I just cannot defend crap....and Virtual XI is crap. 

But I'm just one imperfect man with an opinion...your mileage may vary.   :biggrin: :yarr
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline ehra

« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »
Virtual XI is Iron Maiden's St. Anger

I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but it sounds like I should give Virtual XI a look.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
Virtual XI is Iron Maiden's St. Anger

I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, but it sounds like I should give Virtual XI a look.
I'm assuming you really like St. Anger...Its not terrible but its nowhere near good.
And incredible that you don't like Iron Maiden.  I'm nowhere near the fan my friend is, but there's no denying they're good.

Offline ehra

« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:38 PM »
Don't actively dislike them, but I'd say the best way to describe them would be boring.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »
Dynasty, Unmasked, and Hot in the Shade are my picks for most dismal Kiss album.

Aw Cozmo, why you be hatin' on Dynasty? It was definitely the start of KISS's change in style, and it's not a very rock album, but the songwriting is really good once you get past I Was Made For Lovin' You. X-Ray Eyes, Charisma, 2,000 Man, it's got some great tracks.
Gotta agree on Unmasked and Hot in the Shade, although I think Crazy Nights is much worse than Hot in the Shade. Hot in the Shade's at least got Hide Your Heart, Rise To It, and Forever.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2011, 03:58:34 AM »
Fear of the Dark? Really? Really?! Fear of the Dark. NOT Virtual XI?
Virtual XI is pretty damn good. The Clansman, Futureal, Como estais amigos, The Educated fool...  :metal

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2011, 04:15:28 AM »
:facepalm:

If he wants to have Load/Reload and St. Anger at number one then he needs to drop two albums off the list and start the rest of the list from number 4. Numbskull.

Slang is not, by any definition I know of, a metal album. The five toes that Def Leppard had in metal on the first 3 records was down to a big toe after they gave Pete Willis the heave-ho and was completely removed once Steve Clark carked it.

G'n'R are not metal. KISS are not metal.

And if he's going to pick on a Maiden album there's far worse to choose from, ffs.

Offline Liberation

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2011, 05:28:50 AM »

Other than the salvageable Clansman (which is far better with Bruce anyway, but decent with Blaze) there is NOTHING else on that album that is not blatantly embarrassing. 

And I say this as someone who actually defends Blaze, and even LOVED X Factor.  (very underrated album...far better than most people give it credit for).   The problem was not with Blaze.   It was like Steve Harris forgot everything he ever knew about writing a decent song....and then everyone who surrounded the entire Iron Maiden camp lost the balls to simply walk up to Steve, put their arm around him and say..."Steve....really?  6 f*&^ing minutes of the same repeated phrase that wasn't that good to begin with???  REALLY???"

Virtual XI is Iron Maiden's St. Anger....as a matter of fact I will go on record as saying that IMO St. Anger has BETTER SONGWRITING than Virtual XI.  (not sound production...just song writing).     It is to the Iron Maiden catalog what the prequels are to Star Wars.   I'd almost rather believe that Steve Harris was kidnapped and replaced by a clone than believe that Virtual XI is a real Iron Maiden album.   

For the most part...in 99% of all cases, I consider myself to be very objective.    I liked Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes.   I defend St. Anger.  I like the new Lulu project with Lou Reed.  I like Judas Priest's Turbo (while acknowledging that it's not one of their brighter moments)....in other words, I consider myself to be very liberal in what I like, and extremely open minded.    But I just cannot defend crap....and Virtual XI is crap. 

But I'm just one imperfect man with an opinion...your mileage may vary.   :biggrin: :yarr
Well, I wouldn't say that. Clansman is an AMAZING song and although I can definitely say Bruce handled it well, for me the version with Blaze is still the version. He simply has... something in the way he sings it that cannot be copied.

And I definitely disagree everything else on the album is crap. Futureal is a nice rocking song. So is Lightning Strikes Twice. And The Educated Fool is a great song imo, it's pretty unusual. The others aren't really great or memorable, but I definitely cannot dismiss the whole album as crap.