Author Topic: Yahoo's Top Ten Worst Heavy Metal Albums  (Read 8430 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: Yahoo's Top Ten Worst Heavy Metal Albums
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »
Aw Cozmo, why you be hatin' on Dynasty? It was definitely the start of KISS's change in style, and it's not a very rock album, but the songwriting is really good once you get past I Was Made For Lovin' You. X-Ray Eyes, Charisma, 2,000 Man, it's got some great tracks.
Gotta agree on Unmasked and Hot in the Shade, although I think Crazy Nights is much worse than Hot in the Shade. Hot in the Shade's at least got Hide Your Heart, Rise To It, and Forever.

I've never liked it.  Hell, I think 2,000 Man is one of the better tracks.  After hearing the Stones' original version (Link) I totally love Ace's version.  There's just very little to that album that I liked.  I will say that on Unmasked, I really like 2 Sides of the Coin.  Is That You is passable also.  HITS had Forever.  It was lucky to have Hide Your Heart.  Did you ever hear the original recording by Bonnie Tyler?  Link  Funny that it was originally slated for Crazy Nights.  But yes, very little redeeming about HITS.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
I definitely agree that the rest if HITS is pretty terrible, but it definitely has a few great standouts to me, which Crazy Nights doesn't have any of imo.
And the only thing I like on Unmasked is Torpedo Girl. :lol There's nothing really good on the album, but that's my guilty pleasure.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
I don't know, I like the singles on Crazy Nights.  CN, Reason to Live, Turn on the Night.  Also, No, No, No is Bruce at his best, IMO.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
After putting myself through the misery of reading the blog instead of just the list, I am now much calmer knowing that the blogger is a full time idiot. Disregard this crap.

there are albums a million times worse than any of these in my collection- and I'm not even a fan of most of these bands.
The Elder is misunderstood- it is a good album, just not a good KISS album.

It reads more like a crap albums by bands I like sort of pole really. I mean, have they not heard GWAR, Nitroand The Great Kat? Albums I own and complete crap!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2011, 10:03:23 AM »
Aw Cozmo, why you be hatin' on Dynasty? It was definitely the start of KISS's change in style, and it's not a very rock album, but the songwriting is really good once you get past I Was Made For Lovin' You. X-Ray Eyes, Charisma, 2,000 Man, it's got some great tracks.
Gotta agree on Unmasked and Hot in the Shade, although I think Crazy Nights is much worse than Hot in the Shade. Hot in the Shade's at least got Hide Your Heart, Rise To It, and Forever.

I've never liked it.  Hell, I think 2,000 Man is one of the better tracks.  After hearing the Stones' original version (Link) I totally love Ace's version.  There's just very little to that album that I liked.  I will say that on Unmasked, I really like 2 Sides of the Coin.  Is That You is passable also.  HITS had Forever.  It was lucky to have Hide Your Heart.  Did you ever hear the original recording by Bonnie Tyler?  Link  Funny that it was originally slated for Crazy Nights.  But yes, very little redeeming about HITS.

Dynasty and Unmasked are two of my favourite albums ever. Late 80s KISS was a poor imitation really. CN and HITS were poor with only the Paul Stanley songs holding up on the former, and even they can't save HITS.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Funny how things works.  I liked mid-late 80's Kiss.  Particularly Animalize through Crazy Nights.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »
Funny how things works.  I liked mid-late 80's Kiss.  Particularly Animalize through Crazy Nights.

Listening to Animalize now actually and it's the last great KISS album. Asylum was poor on the whole, again apart from the PS songs. I love I'll Fight Hell To Hold You on Cn- what a vocal! Revenge was a return to form.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »

Animalize is awesome. The rest of the 80s had weaker albums, but still a lot of amazing songs throughout those albums. And Revenge is still my favourite KISS album. :tup
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2011, 10:27:24 AM »
Yes!  Revenge is killer and Animalize was the best 80's album.  All others had good to great songs but too many week songs to call them a great albums.  I'm lookin' at you Read My Body!!  Ect....
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2011, 10:30:02 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out the name of the chick in the "Turn on the Night" video.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:56 AM »
For me KISS in the 80s WAS Paul Stanley. Think I'll do a compilation for the car of the best PS 80s songs. :metal and Read My Body won't be on there.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »
I saw some footage from his solo tour back in the day, with Bob Kulick and Eric Singer.  Good stuff.  It was cool to see him do stuff from the solo album that he wouldn't normally do.

Offline bondrkm

• And still the orchestra plays.....
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:09 PM »
Revenge is the best album Kiss has done!  IMO of course  :metal  And yes, that album I think you could call metal, for sure hard rock.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
Revenge is one of their best albums, no question.  I'd put it in their top 5.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
Chinese Democracy is metal?

It's so bad it infects other genres.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2011, 06:33:35 PM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »
Load & Reload aren't even Metallica's worst albums let alone the WORST ALBUMS IN METAL.

I will take Ain't My Bitch, 2x4, Wasting My Hate, Bleeding Me, Carpe Diem Baby, Where The Wild Things Are, Fixxxer...

Over anything on Death Magnetic any day of the week.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »
Load & Reload aren't even Metallica's worst albums let alone the WORST ALBUMS IN METAL.

I will take Ain't My Bitch, 2x4, Wasting My Hate, Bleeding Me, Carpe Diem Baby, Where The Wild Things Are, Fixxxer...

::)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2011, 06:43:03 PM »

ZOMG !!! LOAD N RELOAD ARENT TEH METHULLLZZZZZ. HOW CN U LIKE DAT SHIIT LOL LOLL LOLLOLLOLL

Offline Snow_Dog

• Wave after wave
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
*Insert Picard "WTF is this shit?" pic here*

Seriously, though, fuck lists like these. Sure it's fun for me to look them up and laugh once in a while, but I never take them seriously. Whether it's Rolling Stone or someone else that comes out with a list with a big grandiose statement of a title, such as: Best Guitarists Ever BAR NONE!!!! or Top Ten Worst Heavy Metal Albums, it usually just comes off as pretentious to me, and in the end, who gives a shit?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »

ZOMG !!! LOAD N RELOAD ARENT TEH METHULLLZZZZZ. HOW CN U LIKE DAT SHIIT LOL LOLL LOLLOLLOLL
I like those albums actually,  but Death Magnetic is better, sir who can apperantly say it's bad.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:16:21 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »
*Insert Picard "WTF is this shit?" pic here*

Seriously, though, fuck lists like these. Sure it's fun for me to look them up and laugh once in a while, but I never take them seriously. Whether it's Rolling Stone or someone else that comes out with a list with a big grandiose statement of a title, such as: Best Guitarists Ever BAR NONE!!!! or Top Ten Worst Heavy Metal Albums, it usually just comes off as pretentious to me, and in the end, who gives a shit?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »
I just noticed something about this list.

It's missing Heritage.

:neverusethis:
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.