Author Topic: R.I.P Cliff Burton (Feb 10, 1962-Sept. 27, 1986).  (Read 744 times)

Offline njdtfan

Life's biggest battles
Often are fought alone
My spirit brings me home

Offline njdtfan

Re: R.I.P Cliff Burton (Feb 10, 1962-Sept. 27, 1986).
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
When Metallica ruled the world.
Life's biggest battles
Often are fought alone
My spirit brings me home

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
When they were actually good. RIP Cliff.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
Wow....I still remember hearing the announcement on the radio, and how absolutely despondent I was for a long time.

The despondency was replaced by anger when I realized that Ozzy had blown my last (and only) opportunity to see Cliff play live.    Ozzy had canceled the Seattle show just two months earlier.  The official excuse was "laryngitis"...but the rumor was that several dates were cancelled because Ozzy was getting booed off the stage by people who wanted more Metallica.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
Would've been amazing to see if his presence in the band could've kept 'em improving on all that momentum they had from the golden three era. Regardless we got three albums out of him and co. that were all easily top 100 alltime in metal terms and RtL and MoP are definitely top 50 with MoP likely being top 5.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
RIP Cliff. I became a Metallica fan after he was long gone, but that man was a legend. I'm pretty sure Metallica would have remained a metal band if Cliff was still around. They would have morphed, but the morph would have been to go more technical (as Justice was doing), not hard rock.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline SlickSy

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 01:42:41 PM »
R.I.P Cliff Burton. It's shame I wasn't yet born at the time he was with Metallica. Fucking killer bass player. :metal
Quote from: Mikael Åkerfeldt
We are heavy metal... but with some beautiful acoustic parts. Some people say that's pussy. Those are the people that get no pussy.