Author Topic: The Dream Theater Bootlegs Project!  (Read 2591 times)

Offline dreamrafa

The Dream Theater Bootlegs Project!
« on: September 26, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »
Well, ive been thinking about this for a while now, as some of you may know, im a huge bootleg collector, and for that matter i care a lot about quality in bootlegs...

For the last couples of years, very few bootlegs have surfaced, or at least not as much at it should, specially when you can easily see that more and more people are taping the shows, equipment to tape are getting better and more popular, still all we get is all those nice recording uploaded to youtube and thats it, most of the time people just upload their recording to youtube and then delete the files  :facepalm: its just a sad situation...

I know most of people wont care, and they will be happy with watching the video on youtube and thats it, but many of us, bootleg collectors and quality freaks, really care about quality, and we would just LOVE to get the video files with no youtube processing, not only for the sake of quality, but also it could give us the oportunity to create great fanmade bootlegs (as for myself, im very experienced now editing video and audio, and creating some nice fanmade boots)...

So, ive been asking to many many youtube users, to upload their original video files to megaupload or such servers, so i can get the videos in full quality, ive got some luck sometimes, sometimes i dont get reply, sometimes the users dont care, and many times the files have been deleted... But the thing is, there is a great posibility to get those files to surface, but i cant do it alone, so i need your help, i need your help asking the youtube users for their original files, collecting the video sources, as much as possible...

Whats the goal?, collect as much video sources as possible, so i can edit some nice bootlegs video like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N6XP2wuGMc once i get the sources, i can edit complete DVD bootlegs and share them on torrent tracker for everyone to enjoy! by fans for fans!

So, what should we ask? what should be look for?, obviously cell phone recordings are not very worthy, wich is the mayority of the youtube videos, but there are surprisingly huge amount of great recordings with propper equipment out there, so we should ask for the videos recorded with: Proper Video Recorders (handycams and such), High quality photo cameras (many modern photo cameras can capture high definition video, or even Standard video but with very good quality), also Zoom recorders are very popular and many people is recording both audio and video with them. The idea is explain the youtube users about the project, explain them that youtube degrades video quality too much, and offer them in return a great fanmade DVD bootleg from the concert they attended...

Well, what you think about this project?, i think if we work togheter we can achieve some nice thinks, only here in this forum there are a lot of people who filmed or recorded something...

You can visit my youtube bootleg channel to check some sample of bootlegs ive done in the past:
https://www.youtube.com/user/DreamrafaBootlegs

With the great amount of nice recording that are made nowadays, i can make even greater videos... Well, just hope to get enough interest on this :-)

Regards!

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: The Dream Theater Bootlegs Project!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:39:22 AM »
I'm with you on this quest, rafa! As you know, I've already started! (CrimsonSunrise, if you read this...  :lol)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco