Author Topic: Terra Nova  (Read 14067 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Terra Nova
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »
I mean...I know you all are just dying to hear what my opinion is..... :loser:
I am, actually. I would like to know what people's opinions are on the last two weeks' episodes.
I went to stream it today and on both ABC's website and Hula it is still locked. Apparently it's not available until a week later. I don't stream shows much so I was unaware of that. Oh well....just have to wait it out. I know my opinion about the series has greatly improved due to the strength of the previous 3 episodes I watched. As Chino hinted to, the series is really gaining ground and becoming a cool, coheasive story. It seems like there would/could be no end to possible directions it can be taken.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
My favorite thing is that none of us really guessed the end of this season all that accurately. Looking back at this thread, while some of our predictions were kind of correct, a lot of them we're waayy off  :rollin I honestly watch this show now and I have idea what to think in terms of predictions. I have been wrong and surprised so many times now, I can't stop watching,. I am clueless as to how this season is going to end...

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2011, 08:02:36 PM »
My favorite thing is that none of us really guessed the end of this season all that accurately. Looking back at this thread, while some of our predictions were kind of correct, a lot of them we're waayy off  :rollin I honestly watch this show now and I have idea what to think in terms of predictions. I have been wrong and surprised so many times now, I can't stop watching,. I am clueless as to how this season is going to end...
Same here and I think that's why I think this series has done very well in sort of 'disguising' (for lack of a better word) the ending from us all.

SPOILERS

We know there is going to be a battle that determines the fate of humanity, but what will happen and how will that affect everyone?

/SPOILERS
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »
WTF are the BadLands?!?!

What an awesome finale!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2011, 01:40:54 PM »
I guess we will find out the next season. But yeah, awesome episode. From time to time it bothered me that they were using some cliches and that it had some kind of pro war propaganda, but still I remember that at one point I was already mindfucked and I realized I was only 17 minutes in
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »
WTF are the BadLands?!?!

What an awesome finale!
This is why this series needs a second season, at least. I see why the show is from the writers of LOST now. Weird shit, but I'm so interested! Especially in the

SPOILERS

the front end of that 1800s-era ship

/SPOILERS

EDIT: Has the show been approved for season two yet?

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
Ah, we watched some of this in Scifi a few weeks back. It was enjoyable, but not particularly memorable...

...and I have to admit, none of us really had any sympathy for the protagonists (what with breaking laws by having another child when there's obviously good reasons in-show why there was a cap on children, breaking someone out of prison, putting someone through the portal who wasn't meant to, etc.)

Go dinosaurs! Eat them all, my scaly pretties!
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2011, 10:16:10 AM »
Finally had a chance to watch the finale....I think with the discovery of the wooden ship ornament they've allowed themselves the opportunity to re-introduce a way back to the future. If I were to guess how the ship arrived there it'd be a Bermuda Triangle type deal...that a rift in time had opened in the 1800's and that ship was caught in it, or there is a rift present still somewhere in the ocean (Bermuda Triangle's legend seems to fit) and the only reason we hadn't found it already is that maybe it's spurratic and random where it appears around Earth...who knows. But the discovery was a cool twist and I guess leaves them the opportunity to introduce anything they want, from the descendants of survivors of that ship to different 'future' things, and as I said...another link 'home'.
  I understand why they allowed Lucas to presumably escape to live another day but I kind of wish he'd (or Taylor) be dead and that'd be that...that whole sub-plot (to me) has ran it's course. I'm guessing any chance of the sixers turning to the 'good' side are done now that Mira is going to be ticked off that they ruined her only chance of seeing her daughter. 
  I'd be suprised if they didn't renew it for a second season...the only thing I've seen online is that it has not been cancelled despite rumors, I'm guessing that means a second season but there is no official announcement yet.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
That's bad, but not totally unexpected.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2012, 06:46:50 PM »
Despite all the bad actings I really love the story. But I'm really sick of the clichés that series have.

A grown up man, tends to be hero of the day.
A grown up woman, helpful, understanding.
A teenage boy, semi-good looking, mostly idiot, crochety and in love.
A teenage girl, semi-pretty, clever enough, crious to be in love.
A little child, spoiling everything.

Surprise, they are already family and story spining around them. That sucks. That's why Terra Nova ended.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
This is really old news and from what I've read a few months back, the show isn't coming back at all. I heard Netflix was thinking of picking it up, but that didn't happen.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »
But now we never get to know what landed that old ass ship in the badlands :(

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »
Yea, it sucks. Coming from the writers of LOST, I had really no idea what to expect from how it got in the badlands or the whole story behind it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
Yea, it sucks. Coming from the writers of LOST, I had really no idea what to expect from how it got in the badlands or the whole story behind it.
My "theory" ran along the lines that the 'rift' or whatever that crack in time was may have not always been as stable or predictable, that it 'bounced' across earth popping up here and there. And that one time, boom...there it was in the ocean or meditteranean or some popular trade route and it swallowed up a ship. Who knows....wonder if a cable network will take a chance on it. Maybe with 'Eureka' being cancelled and no 'Stargate' incarnations being shot...the SyFy channel could give her a go. But that article said it was $4 mil an episode...that is steep...

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2012, 07:43:39 AM »
I'm bumping this thread because Season 1 just came out on DVD earlier this week, if anyone is interested. The following link provides a really good interview with Stephen Lang and where the show would have gone had there been a season 2.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s158/terra-nova/interviews/a407200/stephen-lang-talks-terra-nova-we-were-going-in-a-darker-direction.html