Author Topic: Terra Nova  (Read 14066 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Terra Nova
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:07 AM »
I still argure that Jurassic Park's CGI was some of the best of all time. I don't expect a TV show's CGI to compete, but you see big blockbuster hits made in the last 2 years that still don't come close to touching it.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
I still argure that Jurassic Park's CGI was some of the best of all time. I don't expect a TV show's CGI to compete, but you see big blockbuster hits made in the last 2 years that still don't come close to touching it.
Agreed.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »
I agree too. Stan Winston at work!
I kinda wanna see Jurassic Park in BluRay now. That fuckin T-Rex looked amazing. And his roar.. dang!
I remember when my dad took my and my brother to see it in 1994, it was the biggest movie theater in Egypt at the time and the sound was really good. These T-Rex roars shook the seats :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
I agree too. Stan Winston at work!
I kinda wanna see Jurassic Park in BluRay now. That fuckin T-Rex looked amazing. And his roar.. dang!
I remember when my dad took my and my brother to see it in 1994, it was the biggest movie theater in Egypt at the time and the sound was really good. These T-Rex roars shook the seats :lol
Talk about a quality movie theater experience!  :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »
Oh I won't forget that one. It might be my earliest memory of a high quality movie experience combined with a movie that used it to it's best potential.
But wouldn't you think the technology they used in Jurassic Park 18 years ago should be available for a high budget T.V show like this one? Especially when realistic dinosaurs would be a guaranteed MAJOR rating booster. I mean if I had seen good dinosaurs on Terra Nova I wouldn't have been surprised, it feels like they should be doing better than this.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
Oh I won't forget that one. It might be my earliest memory of a high quality movie experience combined with a movie that used it to it's best potential.
But wouldn't you think the technology they used in Jurassic Park 18 years ago should be available for a high budget T.V show like this one? Especially when realistic dinosaurs would be a guaranteed MAJOR rating booster. I mean if I had seen good dinosaurs on Terra Nova I wouldn't have been surprised, it feels like they should be doing better than this.

If dinosaurs were crucial to the plot I'd imagine they'd spend more time/money on them. The fact that they only appear here and there puts them low on the budget.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2011, 03:20:16 PM »

If dinosaurs were crucial to the plot I'd imagine they'd spend more time/money on them. The fact that they only appear here and there puts them low on the budget.
Good way of looking at it. It's crucial to the overall plot, but not to the individual episode storyline. The fact that their story is based in 85 Million B.C. and that's when the dinosaurs were still alive is very crucial.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2011, 06:00:11 AM »
I liked the last episode. They are really working hard on developing the plot little by little and throwing new things at us all the time.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2011, 07:59:11 AM »
I liked the Idea of Shepherd. sending the banished soldier to infiltrate the sixers....makes you wonder if that was his plan all along. Likewise, with Josh immidiately owning up to stealing the meds to get his gal back, perhaps they can work him and the bar owner as well to get more info on the sixers...send them undercover.
  I don't get why the Shepherd just doesn't come clean to Jim about his son already, he's so cryptic.
The next episode looked interesting and may shed some more light on what Mira was referring to when she told Jim that Shepherd was lying to him.
 All in all I can say that even though this isn't the most groundbreaking series ever I am entertainied each week and that's all I ask.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
I like the fact theat we get a bunch of puzzle pieces that I know I'm forgetting about. When the whole thing comes together it will all start making sense.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
I like the fact theat we get a bunch of puzzle pieces that I know I'm forgetting about. When the whole thing comes together it will all start making sense.
Don't forget the gold 'etching' that was on the falls at the beginning of the season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
I liked last nights episode. The last two actually have revealed a lot of information and helped keep my curiosity peeked.  That was an interesting story as to the division between the sixers and Terra Nova....being that Shepherd believes the Sixers and those from the future just want to 'rape' the past so to speak. Still not sure of clear how Lucas can 'create' unscheduled rifts in time and what not with very limited technology. Or the fact that he is suppose to be this 'hard to find' individual yet sits around an open campfire at night in a dark Jurrasic Forest....how hard can that be to spot?
 I'd be curious to learn Mira's viewpoint of Shepherd as well. Speaking of which, it looks as if next week will be a nice action episode with a bit of Dino interaction that we've all kind of been craving a bit.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
I havne't watched last nights yet, I'm pretty anxious to when I get home today.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
I havne't watched last nights yet, I'm pretty anxious to when I get home today.
MAHHH BRRUUTTHAAA is actually giving up on the series saying it is boring him. I told him that sure there are some slow points and they lovy duvy stuff, but to me it just seems like they are trying to play to a variety of people.
  But like I said, it seems to me these past two episodes they have really came out and thrown a lot of backstory and info. at us, like they picked up on the fact the fans may have been getting a bit impatient. Although, I don't know how far ahead they shoot the series so this first season or half season may have already been in the bag.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2011, 10:48:05 AM »
I've been very satisfied with the last two episodes. I'm interested in the storyline involving the Sixers. Can't wait for next weeks.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
This episode was great. I'm still not sure if I trust Taylor, it's hard to tell if his story is bullshit or not. The only question I have.... If the sixers had to turn on a beacon to attract the bug, wouldn't there need to be someone within Terra Nova to turn on a beacon to do the same thing?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
This episode was great. I'm still not sure if I trust Taylor, it's hard to tell if his story is bullshit or not. The only question I have.... If the sixers had to turn on a beacon to attract the bug, wouldn't there need to be someone within Terra Nova to turn on a beacon to do the same thing?

The spy they are looking for probably.

Great episode. The storyline is becoming quite interesting.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2011, 05:58:12 PM »

The spy they are looking for probably.

Great episode. The storyline is becoming quite interesting.
What?

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Chino asked if there needed to be someone within Terra Nova to turn on a beacon. My say is that the spy did so, but they couldn't catch him because as Malcom suggested, he turned it off.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
Chino asked if there needed to be someone within Terra Nova to turn on a beacon. My say is that the spy did so, but they couldn't catch him because as Malcom suggested, he turned it off.
That's how I understood it. Mira calls the bug back with the sound waves....the spy within turns the sound waves on to attract it. I'm guessing the spy within either caught wind of it or maybe after a certain amount of time if the dragonfly hasn't shown...they just abort it?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2011, 07:48:38 AM »
Anyone watch last nights episode? I thought it was pretty solid. I won't say anything just yet incase some people have yet to see it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »
IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED YET DONT READ MY POST IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED  :yarr

Yeah I watched it. I must say that for as 'slow' as it began...the past three episodes in particular have really picked the pace up and revealed a lot of the story. Interesting to learn that Sky is indeed the spy....interesting in the fact that the majority of us thought that's who it was right off the bat but then the focus shifted away from her and it appeared that wasn't the case. But it makes sense why she would be providing information...I think most of us would probably do the same thing in that scenario....and her circumstance much like Josh's will give her an 'out' so to speak and she won't be banished or probably even punished....maybe even turn around and spy for Terra Nova.
  It looks like Talyor's story was true and that he really is trying to defend Terra Nova from 'the future'. The episode did a good job of bringing him and Mira closer and giving each of them feelings for one another where I'm sure some time in the near future one or the other will allow the other one to live or save thier lives due to that 'bond' they now have. I'm glad to see that there is some promise to the show...and next weeks episode looks pretty friggin' cool!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »
IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED YET DONT READ MY POST IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE SPOILED  :yarr

Yeah I watched it. I must say that for as 'slow' as it began...the past three episodes in particular have really picked the pace up and revealed a lot of the story. Interesting to learn that Sky is indeed the spy....interesting in the fact that the majority of us thought that's who it was right off the bat but then the focus shifted away from her and it appeared that wasn't the case. But it makes sense why she would be providing information...I think most of us would probably do the same thing in that scenario....and her circumstance much like Josh's will give her an 'out' so to speak and she won't be banished or probably even punished....maybe even turn around and spy for Terra Nova.
  It looks like Talyor's story was true and that he really is trying to defend Terra Nova from 'the future'. The episode did a good job of bringing him and Mira closer and giving each of them feelings for one another where I'm sure some time in the near future one or the other will allow the other one to live or save thier lives due to that 'bond' they now have. I'm glad to see that there is some promise to the show...and next weeks episode looks pretty friggin' cool!

I agree completely. I really like how the plot is thickening. I really wish the episodes were structured like this from the beginning. I know a lot of people who stopped watching by week 3. I never would have guessed early on that the whole purpose of Tera Nova was a lie. I'm glad the writers took the route of making Terra Nova a patch for a problem instead of a solution. I'm glad the daughter, who was annoying as hell in the first episode, turned out to be pretty normal. It looks like my prediction of her solving what is engraved on the rocks won't hold true. I can't type a whole lot right now, but I am very pleased with these last 3 episodes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 12:00:23 PM »
I agree completely. I really like how the plot is thickening. I really wish the episodes were structured like this from the beginning.
It really makes me wonder how far ahead they shot the episodes and if the entire season hadn't been shot yet...if they heard about the complaints and dislikes of the series through blogs/forums/etc. amd decided to address those issues. Because there really was a turn around. Like you, I know a good dozen people who gave up very early on.  I'm wondering if it even matters...I mean how well is the show doing overall? Do you think it'll be renewed?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »
I hope it gets renewed. So far, I haven't heard anything.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »
I hope it gets renewed. So far, I haven't heard anything.
I hope so, too.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2011, 05:53:20 AM »
Wow. Shit just got real in the last episode. I was really hoping the story would take another turn and not go directly the way it did, but it should be interesting to see what happens now.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
This show is getting better and better with each episode. I can not WAIT for the season finale next week.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
The latest episode was fantastic!

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2011, 09:53:35 PM »
The latest episode was fantastic!
Exactly!

They need to get all the people who abandoned the show to watch the last two weeks. Some seriously good TV episodes there. If the show gets renewed for a second season, then I hope they take a page from the last few episodes' playbook. That would be amazing.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2011, 01:11:31 AM »
I told my wife "That's it for me!" after watching an episode where that lady gets her memory set back to college years and the husband is jealous of the scientist guy cause he was her boyfriend back then. That was my signal to stop watching this show :lol
Fuck the cast is annoying.
But now you guys are saying something is different recently?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »
I told my wife "That's it for me!" after watching an episode where that lady gets her memory set back to college years and the husband is jealous of the scientist guy cause he was her boyfriend back then. That was my signal to stop watching this show :lol
Fuck the cast is annoying.
But now you guys are saying something is different recently?

I like to pretend the first 4 episodes don't exist. The last few weeks have been amazing. The story is surprisingly solid... I'm hooked

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2011, 06:59:15 AM »
All right then I'll catch up.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2011, 07:23:07 AM »
Still have yet to watch the last episode :angry: It was pre-empted here locally (St. Louis) so they could put the horridly awful Rams Football game on....then in it's pre-empted slot of 11:00 pm the newscast from earlier that was pushed back was on when I went to the DVR. I just haven't had time to go online and stream it. It's killing me not to even scroll up and take a look at the comments and that I haven't been able to chime in about last weeks episode yet.

I mean...I know you all are just dying to hear what my opinion is..... :loser:

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
I mean...I know you all are just dying to hear what my opinion is..... :loser:
I am, actually. I would like to know what people's opinions are on the last two weeks' episodes.