Author Topic: Nachtmystium thread V. Black Meddle  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Nachtmystium thread V. Black Meddle
« on: September 24, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
So Nachtmystium are a Black metal band from Chicago who on more recent albums have incorporated psychedelia and progressive elements into their music which kicks complete ass.  Their members have many side projects, almost to many to name, some being Dawnbringer, High Confessions and Bloodiest.  Many of the members give their talents and make guest appearances on records, or produce records.  So they're very multi-talented and busy, which is something I really like about them. 
Here's one song each from their two most recent records.  I hope you enjoy and we can get some awesome discussion going!
Ghosts of Grace- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odPToK35mNE

Addicts- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKqBQq-jCrs

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
Re: Nachtmystium thread V. Black Meddle
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
Nahctmystium is a band that, by all rights, I should be utterly primed to listen to. I like when black metal gets a bit adventurous and thinks outside the usual box and takes chances. But yet every time I listen to Nachtmystium I come away from the experience cold, and it always confuses the hell out of me. Might be time for a revisit of their music.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 02:00:42 PM »
I had been going through a slew of black metal and had found very little that clicked with me when I read about these guys in Decibel, so I gave them a try and they just blew me away.  I went out right after listening to one song and bought their most recent album haha

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 03:53:02 PM »
Not ready to let this die so quickly, so I'll update with some info about them.
They're working on a 7" split with a smaller Chicago black metal group called Murmur, looking forward to it!
Should be out within the next month or November.