Author Topic: Rank the albums you've heard from the month of September.  (Read 2477 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Rank the albums you've heard from the month of September.
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 05:19:45 AM »
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning
Dream Theater - ADToE
Opeth - Heritage

..though at points DT and Opeth will switch. Often, actually. These days, although I'm enjoying DT much, much more than I have in years, it still feels almost like it takes a certain amount of effort to take in all of what DT has to offer. I'm not sure if that makes much sense at all but there's a lot going on; it almost annoys me to have it as background music (which I do a lot..almost always have music playing in some form wherever I am). But if I'm actively listening it's amazing. Heritage, on the other hand, is amazing as background music; yet if I actively listen to it, I hear so many other intricacies I'd overlooked before and discover yet another layer. Overall DT is like a giant, crazy sweet onion; like a fucking huge onion ala James and the Giant Peach. Whereas Opeth is a slightly oversized, but oh so juicy, delectable...kiwi. But then GFD comes up as Carmen Electra and gets on her knees and turns you into a dried prune.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.