Author Topic: Pickup recommendations?  (Read 1115 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Pickup recommendations?
« on: September 23, 2011, 12:52:28 AM »
So I've got this Kramer XLI I'm trying to fix up, and it's got two pickups - a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck. I'm not really digging having a single coil in the neck position, and I don't feel like carving out the body to fit a full sized humbucker, so I was wondering if any of you know of any single coil sized humbuckers that you like enough to recommend. I know about Seymour Duncan's hot and cool rails, but I've read some bad things about them. So anyone wanna help? :yarr
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline vulcandj

• There's too many notes.
Re: Pickup recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
If I'm thinking right, there is a brand called lane that are supposed to make really nice pickups. They may have what your looking for. Hope that helps. Should you decide to carve out a spot for a hum bucker, I'd suggest the allan holdsworth bridge pickup. I have one in my Carvin dc127, and it is a really nice pickup.
So I say to the horse, "why the long face?"....

Offline vulcandj

• There's too many notes.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
I checked. It's lace pickups. Sorry for the misinformation.
So I say to the horse, "why the long face?"....

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 12:38:19 AM »
go to Dimarzio.com, go to pickups, click strat, and you'll find lots of mini-humbuckers. I know SD also makes a few Mini humbuckers besides the hot and cool rails that you could check out.

The Dimarzio Air Norton and the Fast Track 2 are nice, but they're on the warm side, and the Cruiser is a nice brighter one

As for Seymour Duncan, I really like the JB Jr.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:55 AM »
go to Dimarzio.com, go to pickups, click strat, and you'll find lots of mini-humbuckers. I know SD also makes a few Mini humbuckers besides the hot and cool rails that you could check out.

The Dimarzio Air Norton and the Fast Track 2 are nice, but they're on the warm side, and the Cruiser is a nice brighter one

As for Seymour Duncan, I really like the JB Jr.

^^^ This

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
I just put some DiMarzio pickups in my 7 String and they are fucking monstrous  :metal

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 03:01:25 AM »
Thanks a ton guys. I'll definitely check all of those out. Thanks a million, really.  :)

I'll let you know what I end up going for. Hopefully they rawkkkk!  :metal
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios