Author Topic: The Contortionist  (Read 1240 times)

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
The Contortionist
« on: September 21, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
Primal Directive- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPnewykSU4
Flourish- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nov3l4lgShM
So these are just the first two songs from their "Exoplanet" album. If you guys like tech death metal or progressive death metal like BTBAM, then you will like them. This is a really great album, and I've been listening to it quite a bit lately. They have a nice mix of growly and clean vocals, crunchy death riffs, djent riffs, technical prog sections, and melodic solos. Check them out and show them some support!

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
Re: The Contortionist
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »
Followed these guys since Exoplanet was released and have always loved them. Seen them twice and they were very good live. Looking forward to seeing them this Wednesday with Periphery.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline bss4life15

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:15:40 PM »
The middle section of Flourish makes my penis cry.

Offline xShammas

• SHAAAAMMAAAAAS TAAAAKE MYYY HAAAAND!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:18:24 PM »
The middle section of Flourish makes my penis cry.
Haha, I love that part. Then they've got all of axiom and the beginning of Egress that just are so beautiful.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »
Listening to these guys for the first time with "Flourish."  This stuff seems right up my ally.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:22:40 AM »
Yeahhh I love this band, and particularly the Exoplanet album. They've got some really original stuff going on once you get past the djenty-growly parts. Would love to see them live.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »
just saw them open for periphery the other day. they were pretty cool, gotta check some of their stuff out. i did see them last year as well, just never got around to hearing them again

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
THE CONTORTIONIST ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM DETAILS

(NEW YORK, NY) - THE CONTORTIONIST will release their new record "Intrinsic" on July 17th, 2012 via eOne/Good Fight Music. "On 'Intrinsic', we've found ourselves focusing on the songwriting as well as the new textures and melody we're striving for. Each song has its own identity and flow, but the album is fun to listen through in order cause of the conceptual ties," says vocalist / keyboardist Jonathan Carpenter.

Produced and recorded by Eyal Levi (DAATH, JOB FOR A COWBOY) and Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, DEVILDRIVER) at Audiohammer Studios, this is by far the band's most far reaching material to date.

1. Holomovement
2. Feedback Loop
3. Causality
4. Sequential Vision
5. Geocentric Confusion
6. Dreaming Schematics
7. Anatomy Anomalies
8. Cortical
9. Solipsis
10. Parallel Trance

THE CONTORTIONIST broke onto the scene a few years ago and has quickly earned the title as one of the most musically inclined bands in the progressive metal genre.

In their brief but accomplished career, the band has supported a wide variety of acts including PERIPHERY, ALL SHALL PERISH, THE ACACIA STRAIN as well as headlining the inaugural edition of the Summer Slaughter Survivors Tour in 2011. The band is currently finishing up tour dates in Canada and will continue to stay on the road through out the rest of the year.

THE CONTORTIONIST is: Robby Baca (Guitar), Jonathan Carpenter (Vocals, Keyboards), Joey Baca (Percussion), Cameron Maynard (Guitar), Christopher Tilley (Bass Guitar).

Looking forward to this. Exoplanet is an awesome album.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
I already pre-ordered the new record. Pretty stoked to hear some new tunes from it soon.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
https://www.metalsucks.net/2012/06/11/exclusive-premiere-the-contortionists-holomovement-song-lyric-video/

New song. Very... soft. The section that does have harsh vocals is fantastic, though, and the song as a whole is very good.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »
i kinda got bored and didnt listen all the way through. might give it another try later

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »
The new CD comes out Tuesday. I managed to listen to it all and I don't know what to think. It's not as heavy-hitting at the first record, there are a LOT more riffs, the vocals are somewhat strange with more singing, and the band took a more experimental direction. Not what I expected from The Contortionist, but I still like it after two listens.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
It's good, but I'm not sure whether or not I prefer it over Exoplanet at this point and time. The experimental sections are interesting, but not very memorable, imo.