Author Topic: Who ordered the BOX SET from The Omega Order?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Who ordered the BOX SET from The Omega Order?
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »
"Attention Dream Theater Fans!

Thanks again for pre-ordering the new Boxset.

We would like to let you all know that Roadrunner just guranteed us that the box sets will be in our warehouse on Monday the 19th of September.

We will be shipping them all out as they come in. 

Hope this quells some of your dissappointment. Even though we have not seen one yet either, they are suposed to be VERY cool.

Please let us know if you have any questions by making a case on our customer support page.

The Omega Mailorder. "

That was the last email I got. Anyone else? Anyone get an update? I'm getting increasingly pissed.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Re: Who ordered the BOX SET from The Omega Order?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:03 AM »
Just got off the phone with customer support. They said they just got the box sets 10 minutes ago.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 11:00:58 AM »
Roadrunner just guranteed us that the box sets will be in our warehouse on Monday the 19th of September.

Nice.

I didn't even order the box set and I lost respect for RR over how this was handled. They just pretended like all these delays never happened, let Omega take all the blame.

Offline dreamtheater360

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
I got the same email message last Friday but haven't gotten an update. The least they should do is let us know what is going on.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 03:52:16 PM »
Yeah, I posted that email in another thread Friday, but haven't heard anything since.

EDIT:  Correction.  I got an email earlier saying the order has been fulfilled and completed with tracking #'s.  It's on the way.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:04:29 PM by Dublagent66 »
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
Mine shipped today. I will never order from Omega again though
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Robber Soul

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »

The original email stated that the issue was a quality control one due to a manufacturing defect.  Can't blame Omega for that.

Offline Chimpi

• DTF.org Alumni
  • JustinSane
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
I received the email late last week as well.
I have yet to receive confirmation of it being shipped out.

:censored

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »

The original email stated that the issue was a quality control one due to a manufacturing defect.  Can't blame Omega for that.
I can blame them for ignoring emails and the overall lack of customer support
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
The original email also said they would be shipping today.  Why the need to call them then?  Being stupid about it isn't going to get it to your door any faster.  We have the mp3s, you can transfer them to whatever media format you prefer so you can still listen to the music.  It's not hard to excercise a little patience.  They were up front and said there was a problem (manufacturing defect), fixed it, and sent them as soon as they could.  Bitching and moaning to them or on a message board just makes it look like you either have no reading comprehension or you're an unsufferable ass.

It will get here when it gets here.  Until then I have the CD and plenty of other things to occupy my time.  Having to wait two weeks to display my new swag really doesn't mean much in the end, does it?

Offline Guitalguy

• Blackness awakens Visions come alive
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 05:33:42 AM »
"Pending fulfillment"   :angry:

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 08:14:40 AM »
Mine still says pending fullfilment. I only called see if there was another issue. I didn't even complain.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 12:36:55 PM »
Still pending.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
I know I should be more patient, but I am SERIOUSLY getting pissed.

Offline Boognoss

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »
Waiting here, and as I'm in Australia and didn't want to pay more than $50 or so for shipping I have about 3 weeks to wait once they finally ship it.

Had the same delays with BC&SL as I recall but as this box set wasn't promoted in local stores I didn't want to miss out this time (BC&SL box set did show up the day of release locally....).

I think The Omega Order is just too small (or understaffed) for the workloads Roadrunner place on them with their release schedule.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »
Waiting here, and as I'm in Australia and didn't want to pay more than $50 or so for shipping I have about 3 weeks to wait once they finally ship it.

Had the same delays with BC&SL as I recall but as this box set wasn't promoted in local stores I didn't want to miss out this time (BC&SL box set did show up the day of release locally....).

I think The Omega Order is just too small (or understaffed) for the workloads Roadrunner place on them with their release schedule.

No, The Omega Order was sitting around with shipping boxes labelled and ready to go out but were relying on RoadRunner to actually ship the goods to them. 

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »
My issue now is that they said they got the boxes in and it still hasn't shipped.

Offline kijuer

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 02:47:52 PM »
when I ordered it, it was stated that due to the high quality manufacturing blah blah blah it would've not shipped in less than 4 weeks after the official album release. that said, I expect another 2 weeks, maybe even 3, before I can put my hands on it...

On a side note, I purchased the "TF100" vinyl+book boxset from Tonefloat back in March...it arrived last week after I lost all hopes...

Offline jammindude

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
I *JUST* got an email saying that my order has been filled...literally just seconds ago.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
 :chill snapple.  Maybe try drinking a snapple.  Sugar free and with no caffiene, you don't need to be wound up anymore.

If you're trying to make yourself look like a spoiled 10 year old, keep it up.  Nothing you do here is going to make it come faster.  They're probably shipping them out in the order received, with people who paid extra for the rush shipping being sent first.  Rest assured you will get it, and unless you experience a personal dramatic turn of events, you'll get it with a large chunk of your life ahead of you.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 03:15:09 PM »
:chill snapple.  Maybe try drinking a snapple.  Sugar free and with no caffiene, you don't need to be wound up anymore.

If you're trying to make yourself look like a spoiled 10 year old, keep it up.  Nothing you do here is going to make it come faster.  They're probably shipping them out in the order received, with people who paid extra for the rush shipping being sent first.  Rest assured you will get it, and unless you experience a personal dramatic turn of events, you'll get it with a large chunk of your life ahead of you.

My issue is the way you're reacting. Omega Order sent emails saying things should be sent by certain days and did nothing to follow through. I'm not trying to make it come faster, and don't talk condescending towards me. It makes you look like an asshole.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »
You know that it takes time for things like shipping orders to happen once they get the product from ROADRUNNER which Omega has no control over, right?

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »
You know that it takes time for things like shipping orders to happen once they get the product from ROADRUNNER which Omega has no control over, right?

I totally understand. I don't blame Omega Order at all. However, when something happens, it would be nice to receive emails a little more promptly than the way they did. It was first "shipping this week" then it was "shipping monday".

I have every right to be "anxious". I spent a lot of money. I don't mind when I get it, I just get a tad worried when a week goes by (where it could have been shipped ANY DAY during that week) and I don't hear anything by the end of the week. It wouldn't hurt.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 04:00:59 PM »
You won't be complaining when you get a ticket 4 liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife

Offline Tumdace

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
Just got an email notification that mine was FINALLY shipped.

Should be hopefully by the end of the week, if not then next week.

Doesnt matter really, ive listened to the album a ton of times, and I am really only waiting for the vinyl, but wont even have my TT until the 8th of Oct so..

My biggest problem is that when you pre order something, it tells the company you are buying it from that "Yes, I really want it, and am willing to give you money AHEAD of time for it" so they should promptly have it for you the day it is meant to be released, or the week after, or even the 2nd week after. I have a feeling I wont even have mine until next Tuesday or later. Thats 2 weeks after ADTOE has come out. Very disappointing.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »

I totally understand. I don't blame Omega Order at all. However, when something happens, it would be nice to receive emails a little more promptly than the way they did. It was first "shipping this week" then it was "shipping monday".

I have every right to be "anxious". I spent a lot of money. I don't mind when I get it, I just get a tad worried when a week goes by (where it could have been shipped ANY DAY during that week) and I don't hear anything by the end of the week. It wouldn't hurt.

It sounds like theyare trying to make up for roadrunners mistake by getting then all shipped as quickly  as possible. They have thousands out these things to ship, if they stopped to send an email after they sent each one out then instead of bitching about lack of notification you'd instead be bitchig about it taking forever to to be shipped. Personally, I'd rather have mine sooner and hear about it a little vote later than have it take that much extra time.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »
I mean, if it isn't there on Monday, don't wait till Tuesday to tell me. Tell me on Monday.