Author Topic: Thank You DTF  (Read 3179 times)

Offline rcseeley421

Thank You DTF
« on: September 19, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
For being a true haven for every fan or bystander to explore the intricacies and developments in the world of DT. I really feel everyone here, no matter how many posts or experiences he or she may have had, is welcomed with open arms and is able to get answers to anything they ever may need. So thank you Bosk1, Nick, and other moderators whose names fail to present themselves in my mind at the moment for making this a place of true fandom and comfort that music and spirits like those of DT continue to make such a huge impact on our society.  :tup

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Thank You DTF
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Yes, I agree.  It's great to have a place to "hangout" with other equally passionate fans that know the DT songs and band history inside and out.  And I've met a bunch of you in person and made some great friends, all because of this place.  Thanks to the mods for keeping it a smooth-running operation and for making it feel like... home.  It's what I long for.   ;)
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 06:19:21 PM »
Welcome.  Enjoy your stay.  But if you eat all the cookies, please remember to refill the cookie jar.  :cookie:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »
Thanks for the nice words, I hope you and other newcomers enjoy your stay here. :)
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline johncal

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
Yeah, although I "sometimes" push that envelope a little bit AND think maybe things are a little uneven at times on the moderating, I do appreciate all the mods hard work and trying their best to put their own feelings and opinions on the side and be good fair policemen and judges. not easy. It's nice to have a place where all of us funky fans can get together and agree to disagree... or not.

Offline Chimpi

• DTF.org Alumni
  • JustinSane
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 07:31:37 PM »
I have plenty of posts on this forum, and for the life of me I cannot remember where they've all been dumped into.  (That is to say I know servers are cleaned out, but I have no idea what threads I was responding to in order to get 'all' the posts I have - I don't remember any of it haha)  I don't know anyone here personally as much as I'd like to; but that's neither here nor there.

I, too, appreciate the ability to come here and simply read or post.  It's very fulfilling to be able to sit down and read discussion about a band we all love and adore - from their music to the lyrics to the rhythms to the solos to the individuals to the bootlegs to the concerts to the videos, and with interludes of personality, snark, comedy and sincerity.  I've been reading the forums for a long time and truly enjoy seeing people who know a great deal more than I do about the band I love more than all others.  It's humbling.  I've been trying to participate gradually more so as to add something to the community.  :)

Offline Hal Incandenza

• AAAAAAAARGH!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
For being a true haven for every fan or bystander to explore the intricacies and developments in the world of DT. I really feel everyone here, no matter how many posts or experiences he or she may have had, is welcomed with open arms and is able to get answers to anything they ever may need. So thank you Bosk1, Nick, and other moderators whose names fail to present themselves in my mind at the moment for making this a place of true fandom and comfort that music and spirits like those of DT continue to make such a huge impact on our society.  :tup

Amen.  I don't agree with every policy and moderator decision, but the guys here do a consistent and fair job and I can't argue with the results.  Many thanks.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »
So thank you Bosk1, Nick, and other moderators whose names fail to present themselves in my mind at the moment

This thread needs more ariich. 

We love you, ariich!

But yeah, a very nice thread.  And I do agree.  Thanks to all the moderators for keeping this a fun place to be.  =D
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline 3xodus

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »
Yeah, although I "sometimes" push that envelope a little bit AND think maybe things are a little uneven at times on the moderating, I do appreciate all the mods hard work and trying their best to put their own feelings and opinions on the side and be good fair policemen and judges. not easy. It's nice to have a place where all of us funky fans can get together and agree to disagree... or not.

I like the mods here. Days like this have to be pure hell. I've been lurking this forum since the beginning of it.. Only people that are truely out of line and say things in poor taste get warned and banned. So yeah, I appreciate them too. I've watched this forum grow and grow over the years. It's fairly amazing to think that it started so slowly after the dt.net forums were shut down. Even with all the growth, though, I haven't seen a mod get out of line or do something indefensible this entire time. I could have missed something during one of my layoffs from lurking, but they have a damn good track record here.

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 09:04:51 PM »
Yeah this place rocks. Hopefully I'll meet some of you some day

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 09:22:02 PM »
Well said

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »
Yes, I agree.  It's great to have a place to "hangout" with other equally passionate fans that know the DT songs and band history inside and out.  And I've met a bunch of you in person and made some great friends, all because of this place.  Thanks to the mods for keeping it a smooth-running operation and for making it feel like... home.  It's what I long for.   ;)
This. I never get to discuss DT IRL except of ONE person who knows them. The rest of them are "Who the fuck are Dream Theater and why the fuck should I care about his drummer leaving?"... This is a great place to discuss... And even if I'm not actually into some policies of the forum, I overall think it's great ;)

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:33 PM »
That guy.....heafdiddy....really cool guy he is...

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »
Welcome.  Enjoy your stay.  But if you eat all the cookies, please remember to refill the cookie jar.  :cookie:

There are cookies?! Who has been holding out on me!?

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »
Me.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »
Why does Patric have a bra on his conehead?

Offline Priest of Syrinx

• Feeding my Narpets
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
Why does Patric have a bra on his conehead?

Where else would he wear it?  ???
It's the Internet.  Everything everybody says, no matter how factual-sounding, is opinion.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »
Over his giant eyes, like a humorous blindfold?

Offline Priest of Syrinx

• Feeding my Narpets
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 10:33:58 PM »
I think his eyes are too close together...  :yeahright

Maybe on his stumps... :justjen
It's the Internet.  Everything everybody says, no matter how factual-sounding, is opinion.

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
That would make for some real difficulty with basic transportation.

Unless you mean his arm stumps. 

Offline tristl

• DTF.org Alumni
  • when dreams and tristl unite
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 07:00:18 AM »
Yes indeed,
I just joined myself, and its so nice to be able to communicate with people who love the same music,
And since my wife tells me at home what to do,
It is no problem to me that bosk and the other moderators have it their way here.
    :hefdaddy thanks  :tup
Carpe diem baby

Offline lanemeyer

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 07:25:01 AM »
Guess this is as good a place as any to greet all of you. I'm long-time user of MP's forum, but in light of MP's departure from the band, I don't feel as open to discuss DT on that board anymore. I've been lurking here for that past 4-5 months to satisfy my craving to share DT discussion with other fans.  Conversation appears to be fun and diverse so I look forward to settling in here.

Scientia fortitudo venit.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »
Guess this is as good a place as any to greet all of you. I'm long-time user of MP's forum, but in light of MP's departure from the band, I don't feel as open to discuss DT on that board anymore. I've been lurking here for that past 4-5 months to satisfy my craving to share DT discussion with other fans.  Conversation appears to be fun and diverse so I look forward to settling in here.

Welcome! Remember to pay the monthly tribute to the guy who gave name to this emoticon :hefdaddy
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »
It's a DTF party!

:djhef:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 09:45:44 AM »
welcome and enjoy

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:54 AM »
I just have one thing to say...

:isyl:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 01:47:50 PM »

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Cookies?  Wait a minute....I came here for the bacon.  Where's the damned bacon?  I was promised bacon!  Why you  :censored  I ought ta  :censored

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
Calm your spirit.  There is no need to mention the bacon, because the bacon flows freely here.  :godisgood:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 02:25:33 PM »
Ahh, nice.   :lol

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 02:41:05 PM »

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG....

*spooges*

:hefdaddy

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
DTF is pretty decent. bosk1 does a good job.  Some of the mods could use a beating.  ;)

But other then that, not half bad.

:-D
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »
Nah.  I have it on good authority that he's a jerk.