Author Topic: John Myung's effects pedals and amps?  (Read 2067 times)

Offline fleaman

John Myung's effects pedals and amps?
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
Hello!Any idea of what effects pedals does JM use?What about his amps?If you know anything just post it here!Thanks!

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
Re: John Myung's effects pedals and amps?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 02:57:01 AM »
For ADTOE he used an Axe Fx I believe with a Mesa Boogie Bigblock.  Live I think he used an Eventide DSP4000 for effects. 

From Wikipedia on his live amps (could have changed them by now.)

Currently (as of May 2008) onstage, Myung uses all rackmount units for his sounds. As of the August 2005 issue of Bass Player magazine detailing his on-stage equipment, he used two Demeter HBP-1 preamps, a Demeter VTDB-2B mono tube direct box, Demeter HXC-1 optical compressor, Ashdown ABM RPM-1 EVO II preamp and ABM APM 1000 Evo II power amp, a Pearce BC-1 preamp, Framptone 3-Banger (for switching between preamps and their different settings) and Mesa Big Block 750 amplifier. Myung does not use speaker cabinets onstage. Instead, he uses direct boxes that feed the signal from his instruments into the front-of-house mixing board. Many fans and viewers of their live DVDs complain that his signal is distinctly quieter than the rest of the band's when playing live compared to studio recordings, sometimes causing his solo sections to be almost inaudible.

Offline fleaman

Re: John Myung's effects pedals and amps?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:20:04 AM »
Many fans and viewers of their live DVDs complain that his signal is distinctly quieter than the rest of the band's when playing live compared to studio recordings, sometimes causing his solo sections to be almost inaudible.

Thats true!I noticed that when i a saw them live one month ago!Everyone after the show was complaining about not hearing JM!