Author Topic: The Official "Post Your Instrument" Thread  (Read 212384 times)

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Re: The Official "Post Your Instrument" Thread
« Reply #560 on: July 17, 2020, 10:48:33 AM »
Unexpected gig next week, time to clean up the classic rock pedalboard:

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #561 on: July 17, 2020, 11:29:07 AM »
 :o

Nice board. Big fan of the Carbon Copy and Hall of Fame. How is that OCD/Tube screamer pedal? Never seen that before.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #562 on: July 17, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »
:o

Nice board. Big fan of the Carbon Copy and Hall of Fame. How is that OCD/Tube screamer pedal? Never seen that before.

Thanks! That pedal is a real treat. A little local company - named Hedgehog Stompboxes -  focks around with very accurate circuitry replicas, and made that little jewel joining OCD and TS9 in the same box. I usually use both humbuckers and single coils guitars in the same set, and I really needed the best OD for every pickup configuration, while saving prime estate on the board.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #563 on: July 18, 2020, 03:07:25 AM »
Cool stuff there! I also have the Carbon Copy on my board, the Polytune (first incarnation, white version, still works wonders) and the wah (though I keep that one on the side of the pedalbord to leave space for the other stuff).
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #564 on: May 14, 2021, 04:37:49 AM »
Added a new guitar to the collection............I scour the usual places online for mispriced "assets" and got this brand new custom made , one of a kind for a steal in an auction.  The luthier stuffed up with his starting bid and it didn't attract the interest he expected.   Snapped it up for 3 figures ( a few cups of coffee a week for the next year thanks to Zip-pay) when it's really worth multiple thousands.  The case, pickups and tuners could be sold for more than I paid for the whole thing.  He was very close to just shafting me and calling off the sale- which I would've hated but understood - but I sweet talked him into honouring the auction result  :hat

Handcrafted custom guitar (literally all hand done with old fashioned tools over a 12+ month period) with locally sourced Australian timbers. 

-walnut and silky oak body with neck-thru
- ringed gidgee fretboard
- book matched red cedar top
- Schaller strap locks
- Schaller Hannes bridge
- gold Evo frets
- tusq nut
- Sperzel custom locking tuners
- Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem set with coil tap plus series/parallel switch for each and speed dial vol/tone
- abalone fret markers  (also the tiny ones on the neck......a nice touch and work like luminous ones you see on Ibanez Az's etc...)
- snakeskin case

Plays great and would have to be up there with my most beautiful guitars.   Very thin/light weight too.

:metal  :metal  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #565 on: May 14, 2021, 05:54:30 AM »
Added a new guitar to the collection............I scour the usual places online for mispriced "assets" and got this brand new custom made , one of a kind for a steal in an auction.  The luthier stuffed up with his starting bid and it didn't attract the interest he expected.   Snapped it up for 3 figures ( a few cups of coffee a week for the next year thanks to Zip-pay) when it's really worth multiple thousands.  The case, pickups and tuners could be sold for more than I paid for the whole thing.  He was very close to just shafting me and calling off the sale- which I would've hated but understood - but I sweet talked him into honouring the auction result  :hat

Handcrafted custom guitar (literally all hand done with old fashioned tools over a 12+ month period) with locally sourced Australian timbers. 

-walnut and silky oak body with neck-thru
- ringed gidgee fretboard
- book matched red cedar top
- Schaller strap locks
- Schaller Hannes bridge
- gold Evo frets
- tusq nut
- Sperzel custom locking tuners
- Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem set with coil tap plus series/parallel switch for each and speed dial vol/tone
- abalone fret markers  (also the tiny ones on the neck......a nice touch and work like luminous ones you see on Ibanez Az's etc...)
- snakeskin case

Plays great and would have to be up there with my most beautiful guitars.   Very thin/light weight too.

:metal  :metal  :metal

While it might not be my 'thing', this is a sweet looking axe.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #566 on: May 14, 2021, 06:11:47 AM »
I love the design and pattern running at the back of the thru neck and the body.  Lovely looking instrument.  Looks in perfect nick too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: May 14, 2021, 11:35:19 AM »
The racing stripes are awesome Jingle!  Bet it plays like "The Cleaner" pulling up to the Muffin Top Shop (Top of the Muffin TO YOU!)

Speaking of keepers... after long thought, I'm going to part with my Majesty (2016 first-run Copper Fire) and wanted to give you guys the first crack at it at a lower price before I post it to Reverb.  I simply don't play it as much as I play my others and I feel like it would better serve another player.  It's never been gigged and it's been lightly played over the five years I've owned it.

Shoot me a PM if you guys want to see it.  I realize that I may be posting in the wrong thread for it... if so, let me know and I'll move the post.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2021, 06:42:10 AM »
Can't see the pics here at work but from your description it sounds like a pimp's axe! ;D ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »
Can't see the pics here at work but from your description it sounds like a pimp's axe! ;D ;D

I can live with that  :lol

Snakeskin case probably got me over the line.  :hat

The "racing stripes" on the body/neck are not painted btw...........each is a different piece of wood (walnut/oak/walnut etc...)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #570 on: May 23, 2021, 05:06:48 AM »
Walnut?!  Wow!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #571 on: October 11, 2021, 01:37:01 PM »
New girl for my 40th birthday on friday :)
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #572 on: November 24, 2022, 02:31:03 PM »
Resurrecting this thread to show off this partscaster I've been putting together over the last couple of years.

2020 neck
1995 body
Locking tuners
PRS bridge
Eric Johnson wiring harness, with the volume pot swapped out for a 500K pot with a treble bleed circuit.
All Seymour Duncan pickups, JB in the bridge, and Vintage Rails for both Middle and Neck.
Ernie Ball Ultra Slinky strings (.048 - .010)

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #573 on: January 29, 2023, 08:51:26 PM »

Those wood finishes are stunning.  One of mine has something slightly similar, should probably get a picture of it sometime. 

Anyway, this was arguably my main guitar for most of the past decade. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:00:12 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #574 on: April 15, 2023, 01:32:43 PM »
A couple more partscasters I put together. Took them to a local luthier for proper setups.

"The Red C"
Set up for Open C tuning, CGCGCE. My Devin Townsend thread has got me wanting to learn some of his music, so I finally got a guitar set up for it.
Hot rails in the bridge, Vintage rails in the middle and neck. The 2nd tone knob is a push/pull that will activate the bridge in the 4th and 5th positions. The Gilmour Mod basically.
Strung with Ernie Ball Skinny Top Beefy Bottom Strings. 54-10

"Barry”
A Baritone guitar set up for A standard. ADGCEA.
The pickups are Dimarzio Titans. Signature pickups of Jake Bowen from Periphery. Great for low tunings.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 03:25:25 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #575 on: April 19, 2023, 01:02:09 PM »
Very nice!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #576 on: May 06, 2023, 01:12:07 PM »
Going through all my guitars and having each of them set up by a local luthier. This guy's a wizard.

The "LeftoverCaster"
Made from spare parts.
Warmoth Neck
Squire Strat Body
PRS Bridge (Hardtailed)
1 pickup (Seymour Duncan JB)
1 volume knob
That's it, and that's all it needs to be.

Dean VX
This was my first real guitar. Got it for my birthday freshman year of high school. It's been sitting in its case for years now, and I finally decided to give it some TLC.
This guitar may or may not be illegal after the recent Gibson lawsuit.  :lol
Stock pickups. Rusty as hell, but they sound great to me. Got the potentiometers and output jack replaced because they were scratchy as hell.
New bridge and new nut. Set up for good ol standard tuning.
Feels good to have this one playable again. It's like seeing an old friend for the first time in a long time.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #577 on: May 11, 2023, 09:53:11 AM »
Nice!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.