Author Topic: Obfuscation's Song Roulette v. You Better Believe It!!!!!!!  (Read 15298 times)

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
Re: Obfuscation's Song Roulette v. Round Trois!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »
Like I said, I don't have rainy day music.  I just listen to albums.

It could be a rainy day album... or a song with a rainy feeling to it. Not that hard.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2011, 10:37:36 PM »
If I don't get a perfect score in this round, I never will ever.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2011, 11:14:24 PM »
In your inbox.  As suspected, our tastes have about as much in common as guns and butter.
Well you never know. You still have two more chances.

So you already gave up on Round 5???
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Xanthul

Re: Obfuscation's Song Roulette v. Round Four
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2011, 01:00:59 AM »
Look, you're a fine chap and all, but Collapse The Light Into Earth should never get less than 15 points, regardless of scale.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2011, 01:07:25 AM »
So you already gave up on Round 5???

No, it's just the I sent song always makes me super happy. For example, the Red Sox were eliminated from the Playoffs and I was crushed. I was FUCKING PISSED. Then, I saw the results, and the next category and was like "FUCK YES! I HAVE THE PERFECT SONG!" I sent it to you, and then listened to it, along with the rest of the album that it's on, and now I'm not so sad anymore. It's literally the best song for this category. The title alone makes me smile and want to give people hugs. If it can do that for me, it can sure as hell do it for you.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2011, 05:17:46 AM »
sent...
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2011, 07:14:39 AM »
senty sent sent

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
Sent

If this song doesn't make you happy, then there is something wrong with you...

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 10:16:41 PM »
sentedededed
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
Look, you're a fine chap and all, but Collapse The Light Into Earth should never get less than 15 points, regardless of scale.
What if the scale was from 1 to 100???? A 15 would be bad.  :P

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »
Jesus... I wrote my masters economics thesis faster than this roulette is taking.  Let's go already.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2011, 09:56:54 PM »
Yeah sorry about that results will be posted tomorrow. Stupid busy weekend. Also just send me your songs for the next round already. For the last round it will be another open round since I really enjoyed the first one.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2011, 05:43:00 AM »
so..another open one again?
fine fine...I'll send later today.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2011, 07:29:22 PM »
Why the fuck do I take so long is a question not even I can answer to myself but let's continue shall we. Actually I had the hardest time rating most of these songs. Just about every single one made me happy and how can you give a low score to a song that makes you happy is just unspeakable. Anyway moving one.

PuffyPat - Alligator Bop by A Great Big Pile of Leaves
Congratulations!!! You did it!!! You got a 5!!! This song is just about perfect for anybody who want s to hear a happy song. I kept on replaying it over and over again because that's how much I was enjoying it. Now it's time to just go and check out the rest of their stuff as well as giving out free hugs while listening to this song.

The King In Crimson - Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
Ah yes Queen. Very great band in my opinion but never have listened to most of their stuff. I had never heard of this song and I am trying to find out why because it is a great song. "Don't Stop Me, Don't Stop Me, Oooooo-ooo-oooo!!!"

Gorille85 - Count Me Out by Foxy Shazam
Let me say this first and get it out of the way. I really like the singer's voice. Done. I have never listened to music like that but this song is making want to listen to it some more. I just hope I find songs as good as this one but I think that will be very hard. Also the song has a nice chorus.

dethklok09 - Interlude by Attack Attack!
Short and awesome. I love it. If this song was any longer, it would probably lose some of it's charm. This song is perfect to use in many occasions that I couldn't stop thinking about were to use it while listening to it.

DTVT - She's Always Singing by The Dear Hunter
What is up with this band. Every song that I have listened from them sounds as if they were a different band. I mean that in a good way of course. This was a very simple straight-forward song and I enjoyed it. Now I really have to check out everything this band has done.

YtseBitsySpider - In the Summertime by Derek Sherinian
Well I wasn't expecting this from him and I actually liked it even if it had Slash in it *who I think is somewhat overrated* I wish was about to start instead of fall so I could listen to this song in the summertime. 8see what I did there* I think what I most enjoyed from this song was the very happy sounding melody the piano was playing.

jingle.boy - Flying High by Freedom Call
I guess you were a bit right in saying that our tastes aren't really that close to each other but it doesn't mean that the songs who have sent me are bad. I really did enjoy this song but the only part in this song that really made me happy was the chorus. The rest of the time I was just waiting for the chorus to come up again. Maybe if it was in a different round or category I would've rated it higher.

None.

zxlhko - Only Shallow by My Bloody Valentine
Dude what happened in this round. So far in the three songs you sent me before I really enjoyed them but not this one. I don't know but it just didn't make me feel happy like the other songs did at all. Maybe I listenend it to with the wrong mentality or expectations but it didn't click for me. I'm sorry.

Standings
17 - dethklok09, Gprille85
16 - The King in Crimson
15 - ytseBitsySpider
14 - PuffyPat, zxlkho
13 - DTVT
12 -
11 -  jingle.boy

You guys should listen to the songs that that you guys listened to me and have fun listening them like I did. Like I said before, for the final round of this roulette it will be open again.  :P

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »
That sucks man... I always have a huge grin on my face when listening to that song.  :\
I AM A GUY
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
That sucks man... I always have a huge grin on my face when listening to that song.  :\

I was waiting for it to come but it never did.  :-[

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2011, 07:36:26 PM »
I will redeem myself with another shoegaze song this round.
I AM A GUY

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2011, 07:38:31 PM »
I will redeem myself with another shoegaze song this round.

I hope you do. I have enjoyed the songs that you have sent me.  :tup

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »
Sent the song I should have sent last round. :tup
I AM A GUY

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »
I went to send that Dear Hunter song but decided against because one song by them was already send by someone else. My last song is already sent btw. :tup

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »

:clap:  Well played sir.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Woot! Glad you liked that song. It brings a smile to my face every time I listen and it's impossible not to sing along to.

Sending my song in a few minutes.

:clap:  Well played sir.
:tup
When I think happy songs, Queen is one of the first bands that comes to mind.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:11 PM »
I went to send that Dear Hunter song but decided against because one song by them was already send by someone else. My last song is already sent btw. :tup

Shit...I didn't realize someone already send TDH b/c he didn't write the band name down and I wasn't reading carefully, just skimming.  Should have said something Obfuscation, I would have resent.

also, sent.

« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2011, 10:18:37 PM »
Sented.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »

Shit...I didn't realize someone already send TDH b/c he didn't write the band name down and I wasn't reading carefully, just skimming.  Should have said something Obfuscation, I would have resent.

also, sent.
lol I think he referred to you.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2011, 11:33:19 PM »
No I was talking about Filth and Squalor.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2011, 08:25:40 AM »
No, but now I feel like a hypocrite because I called someone else out in another roulette about resubmitting a band from a previous round that scored well; even though the oversight was because you forgot to write the band name in the post.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »
Ahhhh well I'm sorry. I should proofread my posts more carefully from now on.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
Ah yeah. AGBPOL for the win. All you guys should check out their stuff. You can get it all for free off their website https://agreatbigpileofleaves.com/. You won't regret it. Trust me.
prog sucks

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »
D:

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2011, 03:17:08 PM »
No, but now I feel like a hypocrite because I called someone else out in another roulette about resubmitting a band from a previous round that scored well; even though the oversight was because you forgot to write the band name in the post.

It's funny because I was the one who sent The Dear Hunter, and also the one you called out in the other thread, AND it was the same song. Oh the irony.
prog sucks

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2011, 11:18:14 AM »
Well it's finally over you guys. This thing almost took a month when it shouldn't of had taken this long but we did it. Now it's time to put the results for the final round and see who comes out being victorious. Also I took longer posting these results because when I was about to post them, I realized that dethklok didn't send me a song so I had to wait for him and give his song a chance. But here we are now.

Gorille85 - Thanks For Your Time by Gotye
Now this was definitely an interesting song to listen to. The beat that it has is very ctachy and would get stuck in my head after listening to it. I also really liked the chorus that this song had. That pause I guess you can say that happpens in the song with the phone conversation was very unexpected and if it would've benn longer might've ruined the song a bit but it didn't. I was danicing aorund with my phone while watching the video.

dethklok09 - Simple Math by Manchester Orchestra
Man was it worth waiting for your song? Yes it was. That song had it all. Great lyrics, great chorus, and great everything else. Even the music video that went with the song was amazing. I just kept on replaying that video each time. Half to hear the song again and half to watch the video again. But all in all the song was just amazing. I really enjoyed it.

PuffyPat - Out and In and In and Out
I can't really pin-point what is it about this song that i really enjoy while listening to it. If I were to give at least one reason is that I really enjoy the singer's voice. This song also seems like I could listen for quite sometime now and I won't get tired of it. Yeah.....

The King in Crimson - Vodka Inferno by Diablo Swing Orchestra
Who knew opera and metal would mix this good together. Although I didn't understand shit they were saying, their voices sounded awesome with the music that was playing. Sometimes out of nowhere the song would get heavy as fuck and would sound awesome.

zxlkho - Heaven's On Fire by The Radio Dept.
I have never really listened to shoegaze music before and as you know I didn't really enjoy the one you sent me in the previous round. This song was much more better than the before in my opinion. This song is much more happier sounding and really seems like a song that could make just about everybody happy. Another song that would get stuck in my head as well.

jingle.boy - Out In The Real World by Stream of Passion
Now I don't usually listen to alot of female fronted metal for some unknown reason. Not that I hate or anything but never really attracted my attnetion much. This song was great though. The singers were great in the song not to mention the nice guitars that it had. The part I enjoyed the most just like I have been with most songs you guys have sent me was the chorus. I think that's the real highlight of the song.

DTVT - Certifiable #1 Smash by Kevin Gilbert
Another interesting song that was sent to me in this round. I enjoyed the guitar riffs the song had and everything but the only thing that brought it down a bit was the part he was basically telling a story. It was somewhat funny but it was too long for this song in my opinion. After a while, I just wanted him to finish telling the story so we could back to the song. If it was shorter I would've ranked this song higher.

YtseBitsySpider - Stronger Than Death by Redemption
Ummm well this song was an okay song for me. It didn't make we go like wow or anything like that. The only thing that was pretty cool in it was the guitar riff. I don't know, maybe I should listen to it a couple more times to like it more or something.

Now the results!!! :hat

Standings
22 - Gorille85, dethklok09
20 - The King in Crimson
18 - zxlkho, PuffyPat
17 - YtseBitsySpider
16 - DTVT
15 -  jingle.boy

There you have it folks. Thank you for being patient with me and sticking to the end of this. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did but I doubt it lol. You guys should definitely check out each other's songs that were sent in this roulette, especially from this round. So I guess that's it. dethklok enjoy your win.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:31:55 PM by Obfuscation »

Offline zxlkho

• DTF.org Member
Re: Obfuscation's Song Roulette v. You Better Believe It!!!!!!!
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
I would have won this if it wasn't for round 4. Damnit...
I AM A GUY

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
I would have won this if it wasn't for round 4. Damnit...

Yeah I have to agree with you.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
If I had started the way I finished I would have done better.
prog sucks