Author Topic: ADTOE: Should It Have Been Shorter?  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: ADTOE: Should It Have Been Shorter?
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
I want you all to shut up and listen to yourselves - you're so eager criticize DT, you're complaining that they put out too much material? Give me a fucking break. Grow up and stop complaining about every god damn thing.

Perfect example of the kind of post that shouldn't be allowed here. Either talk civilly with people whose opinions may not match with yours, or go play somewhere else.

It's posts like these that drive people away instead of encouraging engaging conversation.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 03:11:58 PM »
I've always been a quality over quantity kind of guy, but the whole album is quality. Or to put it more simply, when the album ends, not only do I want to hear more, but I didn't even realize that 77 minutes had gone by. I get lost in the album so much to the point where I lose track of time and for me, that is the trait of an excellent album.

This. When the album ends I've been putting it straight back on again. that says to me it's not too long. Why would anyone want to cut an awesome song from an awesome album?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »
I want you all to shut up and listen to yourselves - you're so eager criticize DT, you're complaining that they put out too much material? Give me a fucking break. Grow up and stop complaining about every god damn thing.
Uh, while I appreciate your point, there are more respectful ways to express yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »
I disagree.  In fact.  This album FLIES by.  I've got about 20 good spins now and it always surprises me how short it feels.  So, no, I don't think it should have been shorter at all.

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
I am perfectly fine with the long song lengths, in fact thats why I love DT. The album to me doesn't last too long infact when it was done I was like thats it?

I'm going to say that specific songs LNF/BAU mainly Outcry which I can't figure out yet could have been shortened. The instrumentals go on a bit too long and more lyrics would be a welcome addition.

For those three, each instrumental goes for about 4 minutes, cut them in half and you lose 6 minutes off the album. I'm not saying that's what should happen, most would say album is fine and I agree.

Offline volwrath

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
I think this album should have been 5:26 seconds shorter.  Just take it off the end!

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2011, 05:10:01 PM »
^ :(
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2011, 05:19:52 PM »
TOOO MUCH MUSIC. I WANT LESS SONGS. WHY SO MANY MUSIC?

Offline Tumdace

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »
How can people complain about song order or say that the songs don't go together or some shit? How often are you going to sit there and listen to the album all the way through? I personally like to skip around with songs.
You answered your own question there. You PERSONALLY like to skip around with songs. Lots of us don't. I, for one, am an album listener.

I don't know how you could listen to an album without listening to the whole thing.

The only time I listen to single songs is on the way to work.

If I sit down for a session, its an entire album all the way through.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2011, 02:02:18 AM »
Alright alright. I apologize for the way I worded it, but it gets very aggravating that people want to nitpick so badly, that they'll say that DT gave us too much. It's just ridiculous.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2011, 02:34:49 AM »
Long albums are a chore to get through for me. I'd love if Outcry was a B-Side.

Offline coffees for closers

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2011, 09:38:53 AM »
I expect a lot of people to disagree with me here, but I think ADTOE should have been shorter. It's not that it has filler songs or anything like that. I like every song. It's just that I think 75 minutes is a little long for any record, really. I also think that BMUBMD sounds a little out of place, and that four long songs is one two many. By dropping Outcry, I think the impact of LNF, BITS and BAI would be greater.

Anyone agree with me, or at least sees where I'm coming from?

You must be high!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2011, 09:54:48 AM »
I expect a lot of people to disagree with me here, but I think ADTOE should have been shorter. It's not that it has filler songs or anything like that. I like every song. It's just that I think 75 minutes is a little long for any record, really. I also think that BMUBMD sounds a little out of place, and that four long songs is one two many. By dropping Outcry, I think the impact of LNF, BITS and BAI would be greater.

Anyone agree with me, or at least sees where I'm coming from?

You must be high!
Not appropriate.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
I think it's the perfect length
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:28:31 AM by CrimsonSunrise »

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline MirzekDT

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »
I would agree with you for BC&SL and SC but ADTOE? no way...

Offline Orthogonal

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2011, 11:49:43 AM »
Shorter? No way, the more the better. I want a double album.

Hopefully DT12 will take cues from 6DOIT since it has been 6 more albums since then. I want 2 disc's of DT goodness.