Author Topic: Listening to ADToE in your sleep  (Read 753 times)

Offline TheGoodDoctor

Listening to ADToE in your sleep
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »
I usually need to listen to something in order to fall asleep. In the past this has been ambient music or the white noise created by a fan. But recently I have been falling asleep to ADToE.

Last night, I found that I consistently woke up to the break down verse (or what you might call the final chorus) of Breaking All Illusions and also the same part of Beneath the Surface.

It happened probably 3x for each part and it wasn't consecutive. I'm not reading anything into this yet, but I found it to be a strange coincidence which may be more indicative of my sleep patterns, but I must mention that I almost never wake up during sleep.

The other interesting observation is that I found myself singing the parts when I woke up which also happen to be my favorite parts of those two songs.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Listening to ADToE in your sleep
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:48 PM »
What kind of drugs did you take before you went to sleep?

On a more serious note: This is quite cool, never experienced anything quite like it though.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline TheGoodDoctor

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »
What kind of drugs did you take before you went to sleep?

On a more serious note: This is quite cool, never experienced anything quite like it though.

caffeine  ;D

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Vaguely on topic: I listened to ADTOE on headphones before going to bed and I was up half the night because all those awesome choruses were stuck in my head (BITS chorus  :hefdaddy)

Offline TheGoodDoctor

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Vaguely on topic: I listened to ADTOE on headphones before going to bed and I was up half the night because all those awesome choruses were stuck in my head (BITS chorus  :hefdaddy)

Do you ever have a cd playing in the car and you go do something for 2-3 hours and as you walk towards the car you are singing the song from the exact point where it left off? It always throws me off.

Offline Tumdace

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »
I usually need to listen to something in order to fall asleep. In the past this has been ambient music or the white noise created by a fan. But recently I have been falling asleep to ADToE.

Last night, I found that I consistently woke up to the break down verse (or what you might call the final chorus) of Breaking All Illusions and also the same part of Beneath the Surface.

It happened probably 3x for each part and it wasn't consecutive. I'm not reading anything into this yet, but I found it to be a strange coincidence which may be more indicative of my sleep patterns, but I must mention that I almost never wake up during sleep.

The other interesting observation is that I found myself singing the parts when I woke up which also happen to be my favorite parts of those two songs.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Well not for ADToE, but I usually listen to music when I go to bed, and whenever SFAM would come around, I always woke up at the very end when the dude would get out of the car, or when the screaming started.

A little unnerving to say the least waking up at 3am to that, so I have recently taken it off my playlist (the last song at least).

Also, for a little while, I had LTE on my playlist, having song #1 wake me up was something else

Offline sagar_k

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »
I listened to ADTOE before going to sleep yesterday night, and I could hear the Shaman's chant in my sleep.  ;D

Offline teoevans

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
Exactly same experience!, last night listening to ADTOE.... maybe it's recorded in a subconscious level... who knows!.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »
I think the Shaman's voice would wake me long before I got to BAI.  But, I haven't actually tried. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »
Sort of related. I have to work a lot of very early mornings, and as I'm not an 'early night' kinda guy I'm often operating on about 3 hours sleep. Because of that I'm pretty tired come lunchtime, so I usually try and grab 30 mins of microsleep during my lunch hour. I always listen to music to drown out the noise of my colleagues, and in that half conscious state I find that music takes on new properties, like giving me cool visions or semi-lucid dreams. Listening to Beneath the Surface the other day I could 'see' the guitar and piano lines intertwining in my mind and it seemed like the high notes would sway in one direction whilst the low notes went the other. I love listening to music like this because it opens up whole new dimensions of the songs which I might not have noticed otherwise