Author Topic: Lots of DT love at my school today.  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Lots of DT love at my school today.
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
Since I got here this morning, I have seen four DT shirts, as well as a DT hat. :metal :metal

There is also a DJ on campus (we have the school's radio station playing through the student center) who plays DT quite a bit, usually stuff off I&W or Awake. I walk into today and hear 'Outcry' playing. I went over to the station (there is a glass window in the main hall way that allows you to see the studio), I banged on the glass, scared the DJ, then gave the dude a big thumbs up? Go CCSU!

Offline darkshot

Re: Lots of DT love at my school today.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
Awesome!  I wish DT was big here in Vegas, but unfortunately I only met one person who has heard of them before.  And that one person wasn't even really a fan he just had As I Am on his iPod, didn't really know much else about the band.

The only time I saw DT fans here was at the concert 2 years ago when they played the Hard Rock.

Offline Vajra

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 01:22:30 PM »
Wow, that's really cool. Four shirts the very day of the release, AND Outcry being played on campus? DT is getting huge.

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:15 PM »
Badass  :tup

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
That's awesome, man!
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline pmahoney1337

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
Wow, that's really cool. Four shirts the very day of the release, AND Outcry being played on campus? DT is getting huge.
Sarcasm?

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
To no one's surprise, I've seen nothing DT related at Virginia Tech today. :lol
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Millais

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:27 PM »
I walk into today and hear 'Outcry' playing. I went over to the station (there is a glass window in the main hall way that allows you to see the studio), I banged on the glass, scared the DJ, then gave the dude a big thumbs up? Go CCSU!

awesome! :D

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »

Sorry, I've been cooped up in my office all day today.

Offline Slain

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »

Nothing around my campus either. I have been blasting it in my car though, so people will hear ADTOE whether they like it or not.  :angel:
Quote from: MarlaHooch
Just amazing.  DT should count their lucky stars that some of their fans are at this level of unconditional cult worship.

Offline rcseeley421

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »

Nothing around my campus either. I have been blasting it in my car though, so people will hear ADTOE whether they like it or not.  :angel:

This. And all around town I might add.  ;D

Offline Vajra

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 02:37:06 PM »
Sarcasm?
Not at all. How often do you see four people at random with band shirts, and hear a new song being played, the very day of the band's new album's release? I think that's very, very impressive. If DT's popularity keeps growing the way it has these past 5 years, DT won't be just the most popular prog-metal band, they'll be looked at as one of the most popular Metal bands entirely.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »
So I wore my SFAM shirt today and was expecting to be giving high fives left and right, but sadly, not a single person noticed   :'(
   but to be fair, I only had one class today which ended at 11am, so I shall try again tomorrow.  :tup

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »
Sarcasm?
Not at all. How often do you see four people at random with band shirts, and hear a new song being played, the very day of the band's new album's release? I think that's very, very impressive. If DT's popularity keeps growing the way it has these past 5 years, DT won't be just the most popular prog-metal band, they'll be looked at as one of the most popular Metal bands entirely.

I think it was only because the album came out today. This semester (with the exception of today) I have only seen one shirt and one hat. I always make it a point to acknowledge a fellow DT fan when I see them. Sadly, none of the are ever members on the forums.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 03:58:34 PM »
So I wore my SFAM shirt today and was expecting to be giving high fives left and right, but sadly, not a single person noticed   :'(
   but to be fair, I only had one class today which ended at 11am, so I shall try again tomorrow.  :tup

Just don't get noticed for wearing smelly clothes.  You represent us all when you wear DT clothing!

Offline Peter Griffin

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
i work for an institute at a major university. 3 of us are DT fans. 2 of those 3 are huge DT fans (myself included). 1 of those 3, i just found out was a DT fan cuz his ringtone was the beginning of SoC. he hadn't listened to DT since ToT, so he had no idea MP said byebye. suffice to say, we're all happy campers today.  :D

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:42 PM »
Now those are some badass schools. I didn't have school today so I don't know if anybody had any DT related thing or not. Hopefully they will tomorrow when I go to school.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 07:47:22 PM »
i work for an institute at a major university. 3 of us are DT fans. 2 of those 3 are huge DT fans (myself included). 1 of those 3, i just found out was a DT fan cuz his ringtone was the beginning of SoC. he hadn't listened to DT since ToT, so he had no idea MP said byebye. suffice to say, we're all happy campers today.  :D

Spill the beans...where are you from?  Everyone here knows I work for the Virginia Tech Chemistry dept.  He doesn't post here, but our NMR guy is also a DT fan.

BTW, is this you?

Offline Metrovarium

• Lord Tarp
  • SPAAAAAACE
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 08:01:38 PM »
I've never met anyone other than myself that's liked DT  :-\. They're barely known at all around here. Hopefully that'll change when I head to college next year.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:07:48 PM »
only one with a DT shirt on at UCONN (from what i saw). i wish it werent the case