Author Topic: Holding Back The Good Seats...  (Read 560 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Holding Back The Good Seats...
« on: September 13, 2011, 06:54:21 AM »
Are you ever inclined to skip the opening day of a concert ticket sale in favor of waiting till the event gets closer? I know its extremely hard to do for the die hard fan who must have the tickets immediately but man it sure can pay off.
I really think these venues know they can dish out plenty of shitty seats on day 1 knowing they will sell, and hold plenty of good ones to entice people at the last hour to fork up some dough and attend the show.
This scenario has happened to me on several occasions. I'm not sure if I can attend a show so I wait and buy them on the day of the event. In 09, I went to the Beacon in NYC for Prog Nation and pulled a 3rd Row center two hours before the show.
In 07 I bought tickets for DT at the Oakdale in CT on the morning of the show and got crappy seats while a friend of mine got 2nd row on the floor the day before the show.
I'm in the same position for the Beacon this year. I'm not sure I'm going but I'm thinking if I do I will probably get a good seat last minute.
What are your thoughts on this sort of thing. Does it bother you or do you think its cool to have a chance to scrore great seats last minute?
Discuss...
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Holding Back The Good Seats...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:10 AM »
They do hold back "good seats", but not as a scam.  They're held for promotions or VIPs/band members' families, etc.  At a certain point any of them that are unused are released for sale.