Author Topic: 2012-02-01 - IJsselhallen - Zwolle, NED  (Read 18421 times)

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
Re: 2012-02-01 - IJsselhallen - Zwolle, NED
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2012, 07:11:23 AM »
He has been sounding better than before, yes. Amazing in general? No.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline daykrush

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
I think JLB does a great job the couple of last years. In Zwolle and Dusseldorf he was great.

Offcourse sometimes he's not always spot on but remember he's got a very hard job in DT.
 As a singer in a band, I am myself, it's realy hard to do breaks in the set and don't use your voice....
Sometimes JLB doesn't sing for ten minutes or sometimes longer....it's not easy then to stay focussed and keep your voice going, don't forget that.

Offline Öxölklöfför

• Pull my finger, I'm not afraid.
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2012, 04:53:33 AM »
Sorry, but I get the biggest laugh out of the comments. There are some stupid people on this world.

It's a bit c**ky to talk about yourself in 3rd person eh? ;-) Remember that these are opinions. The most of them seems to be different from yours, which statistically would mean that your opinion is "more wrong".

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:28 AM »
I did not. And it is not. I meant that their way of responding is stupid.

'A reviewer that doesn't know what music and singing is all about'

That's just stupid to say. Oh and I refuse to read reactions with spelling mistakes (even spelling the name of the band you're defending wrong).

And apart from that I haven't been saying that James sound worse than ever. I've been saying that he sounds better than the last couple of years.

Thankyouverymuch

The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Öxölklöfför

• Pull my finger, I'm not afraid.
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2012, 02:25:14 PM »
Oh and I refuse to read reactions with spelling mistakes (even spelling the name of the band you're defending wrong).

Why? As long as you understand what the writer meant it shouldn't be a problem? Or maybe you are a text parser? Then you should really have your RegEx engine checked.

Offline juzzwuzzz

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2012, 05:34:40 PM »
Here is my little creation of the Dream Theater concert. I puted all live footage together in one big movie. So you can see the whole concert (I miss only one song, that hasnt been taped by the audience). quality is not so good. But thats because the videos i used from the concert werent high quality, and i had to pull down the quality a bit so that it was possible to upload it on youtube (it still is 1,5 GB of video :D )

https://youtu.be/p4xNJvB6-TM

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #111 on: February 12, 2012, 04:12:25 AM »
That´s a pretty valliant efford in my book! :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline daykrush

« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2012, 08:00:17 AM »
Hee Juzzwuzzz,

Very well done  :metal....i'm up to the same,using the A and B setlist from the whole tour.....

Offline juzzwuzzz

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2012, 08:41:20 AM »
Hee Juzzwuzzz,

Very well done  :metal....i'm up to the same,using the A and B setlist from the whole tour.....

Are going to but the best footage together from all the shows uptill now? Was thinking about that that would be nice too.

Not all the footage from Zwolle was that great, but i just wanted to have the whole concert :D But i know there are some videos from other concerts that are amazing. Maybe it is possible to put the beste footage from every song from the tour together in one big movie... but that will be a hell of a search on youtube between all the not so great footage

Offline daykrush

« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2012, 10:56:21 AM »
There is a video bootleg from a show in Gelsenkirchen ( 2009) that's made very well. A guy took all the you tube clips from that gig and made a bootleg of it with the sound he recorded himself. So that took a lot of editting i guess. Perhaps i'm going to do the same with this tour.....but still hoping for an official dvd of this tour.