Author Topic: The Twelve Song Album Game  (Read 243834 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The Twelve Song Album Game
« Reply #4130 on: May 05, 2021, 11:46:35 AM »
8. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (Theremin)

Huh, I never knew that.

Page uses it mostly to make some strange sound effects and some noise. Using a theremin to play melodies it sounds a lot different.

There's an example of the sound of it in "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys, too (though it's not the actual instrument, but a variation on it).

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4131 on: May 05, 2021, 11:49:12 AM »
1. Storm Corrosion - Hag (Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree & Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth)
2. Heat of the Moment - Asia (John Wetton of UK/King Crimson, Steve Howe and Geoff Downes of Yes, Carl Palmer of ELP)
3. Whisper a Prayer for the Dying - Coverdale/Page
4. Grand Morbid Funeral - Bloodbath (Nick Holmes of Paradise Lost, Anders Nyström and Jonas Renkse of Katatonia, Martin Axenrot of Opeth)
5. Here Comes the Flood (Exposure version by Peter Gabriel/Robert Fripp)
6. Bad Company - Bad Company (Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke of Free, Mick Ralphs of Mott The Hoople, and Boz Burrell of King Crimson)

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4132 on: May 05, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
Songs that are a result of a collaboration between two or more artists that became famous earlier with a different act (or solo). A ‘supergroup’ so to say. Name the musicians as well. Bonus points for not naming the same musician more than once (so just one Mike Portnoy appearance for example).

1. Storm Corrosion - Hag (Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree & Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth)
2. Heat of the Moment - Asia (John Wetton of UK/King Crimson, Steve Howe and Geoff Downes of Yes, Carl Palmer of ELP)
4. Grand Morbid Funeral - Bloodbath (Nick Holmes of Paradise Lost, Anders Nyström and Jonas Renkse of Katatonia, Martin Axenrot of Opeth)
6. Bad Company - Bad Company (Paul Rodgers and Simon Kirke of Free, Mick Ralphs of Mott The Hoople, and Boz Burrell of King Crimson)
7. Velvet Revolver - Slither (Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum of GNR, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4133 on: May 05, 2021, 03:15:45 PM »
Songs that are a result of a collaboration between two or more artists that became famous earlier with a different act (or solo). A ‘supergroup’ so to say. Name the musicians as well. Bonus points for not naming the same musician more than once (so just one Mike Portnoy appearance for example).

7. Velvet Revolver - Slither (Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum of GNR, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots).
8. Damn Yankees-High Enough (Ted Nugent, Tommy Shaw of Styx, Jack Blades of Night Ranger)
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #4134 on: May 05, 2021, 06:26:37 PM »

8. Damn Yankees-High Enough (Ted Nugent, Tommy Shaw of Styx, Jack Blades of Night Ranger)
9. HSAS - Top Of The Rock (Sammy Hagar from Montrose, Neal Schon from Journey, Kenny Aaronson from Dust and Michael Shrieve from Santana)

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #4135 on: May 05, 2021, 06:38:43 PM »

9. HSAS - Top Of The Rock (Sammy Hagar from Montrose, Neal Schon from Journey, Kenny Aaronson from Dust and Michael Shrieve from Santana)
10. Audioslave - Shadow on the Sun (Chris Cornell, Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Tim Commerford)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4136 on: May 05, 2021, 06:44:25 PM »
Who the heck are Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #4137 on: May 05, 2021, 07:17:32 PM »
Drummer and bass player from Rage Against the Machine.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4138 on: May 05, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
OK..

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #4139 on: May 05, 2021, 07:29:57 PM »

A great tool: www.google.com

:biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4140 on: May 05, 2021, 07:32:57 PM »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4141 on: May 05, 2021, 11:47:50 PM »

6. Nas & Damian Marley - Dispear (Nas and Damian Marley both Solo, Damian Marley famous for Reggae, and Nas famous for his Hip-Hop)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4142 on: May 06, 2021, 12:19:51 AM »
^^ Oh, the curse of not noticing the next page claimed another victim in this thread.  I've been there a few times.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4143 on: May 06, 2021, 12:23:20 AM »
^^ Oh, the curse of not noticing the next page claimed another victim in this thread.  I've been there a few times.

I didn't even notice I had left it on the page that long... :lol

10. Audioslave - Shadow on the Sun (Chris Cornell, Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Tim Commerford)
11.Nas & Damian Marley - Dispear (Nas and Damian Marley both Solo, Damian Marley famous for Reggae, and Nas famous for his Hip-Hop)

Fixed it...
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4144 on: May 06, 2021, 01:43:10 AM »

11.Nas & Damian Marley - Dispear (Nas and Damian Marley both Solo, Damian Marley famous for Reggae, and Nas famous for his Hip-Hop)
12. The Winery Dogs - I'm No Angel (Portnoy, Sheenan and Kotzen)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4145 on: May 06, 2021, 01:45:30 AM »
The Dark to light - light to dark - dark to light album. Songs have to alternate between a dark / serious theme, and a light / happy theme.

1. Iron Maiden - Paschendale (one of the bloodiest and most senseless battles of WWI)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #4146 on: May 06, 2021, 05:40:58 AM »
The Dark to light - light to dark - dark to light album. Songs have to alternate between a dark / serious theme, and a light / happy theme.

1. Iron Maiden - Paschendale (one of the bloodiest and most senseless battles of WWI)
2. System of a Down - Old School Hollywood (goofy song about washed up "celebrities" being divas at a charity baseball game)
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4147 on: May 06, 2021, 06:50:19 AM »

2. System of a Down - Old School Hollywood (goofy song about washed up "celebrities" being divas at a charity baseball game)
3. Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know my Name (About the last human on earth, made immortal by the planet itself to witness the death of all life).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline HOF

« Reply #4148 on: May 06, 2021, 06:58:15 AM »

3. Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know my Name (About the last human on earth, made immortal by the planet itself to witness the death of all life).
4. Yes - Our Song (possibly the happiest song ever)

Online OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4149 on: May 06, 2021, 07:15:07 AM »

5. Michael Jackson - She's Out of My Life (possibly the saddest song ever)
[/quote]
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #4150 on: May 06, 2021, 07:42:17 AM »

I love when this kind of stuff happens  :lol

Kudos also to when I made the "pyramid album" and the two songs in the middle had to have the same length in minutes, and someone found a song just one second shorter than the previous one  :hat

Offline romdrums

« Reply #4151 on: May 06, 2021, 08:36:23 AM »

I love when this kind of stuff happens  :lol

Kudos also to when I made the "pyramid album" and the two songs in the middle had to have the same length in minutes, and someone found a song just one second shorter than the previous one  :hat

;) ;D

It also ended up as the perfect opener for Side B of that particular album, as well.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4152 on: May 06, 2021, 08:57:51 AM »

6. Neal Morse - Supernatural

By the way, you could basically alternate "sad" with "Yes songs" for this entire "album".

Offline romdrums

« Reply #4153 on: May 06, 2021, 12:07:55 PM »

7. Dream Theater - Disappear
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4154 on: May 06, 2021, 03:43:07 PM »

8. Bob Marley - Three Little Birds

Offline coz

« Reply #4155 on: May 06, 2021, 08:44:34 PM »

9.  System of a Down - Protect the Land (for Armenia and the unrecognised Republic of Artsakh amid the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war)
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4156 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:51 AM »

9.  System of a Down - Protect the Land (for Armenia and the unrecognised Republic of Artsakh amid the 2020 Nagorno-Karabakh war)
10. Dream Theater -In The Presence Of Enemies, Pt. 2

Offline HOF

« Reply #4157 on: May 24, 2021, 10:39:57 PM »
Wonder why this relatively easy one stalled at 10.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #4158 on: July 17, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »

11. Opeth - Hollow Years
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4159 on: July 18, 2021, 10:01:06 AM »

11. Opeth - Hollow Years
12. Helloween-Best Time

The Baseball Album!
(Songs that have a baseball term in them..base, field, pitch, strike, etc...)

1. Gary Moore-Out In The Fields

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #4160 on: July 18, 2021, 10:42:23 AM »
The Baseball Album!

1. Gary Moore-Out In The Fields
2. Icarus the Owl - Tag! No Bases
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4161 on: July 18, 2021, 12:02:53 PM »
The Baseball Album!

1. Gary Moore - Out In The Fields
3. John Fogerty - Centerfield
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4162 on: July 18, 2021, 02:33:39 PM »
The Baseball Album!

4. Major Parkinson - Baseball
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline HOF

« Reply #4163 on: July 18, 2021, 03:29:55 PM »
The Baseball Album!

5. Liquid Tension Experiment - The Stretch

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4164 on: July 19, 2021, 08:55:11 AM »

The Baseball Album!

5. Liquid Tension Experiment - The Stretch
6. AC/DC - Big Balls (now THAT'S a stretch!)