Author Topic: The Twelve Song Album Game  (Read 243844 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Twelve Song Album Game
« Reply #3570 on: January 25, 2021, 04:00:36 PM »
Songs that references something supernatural (title or lyrics):

1. Mastodon - Ghost of Karelia
2. Epysode - Obsession
3. Opeth - Ghosts of Perdition
4. King Diamond - The Family Ghost
5. Iron Maiden - Phantom... of the Opera
6. Iron Maiden-The Apparition

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3571 on: January 25, 2021, 04:45:34 PM »

2. Epysode - Obsession
7. Iron Maiden - Ghost of the Navigator
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3572 on: January 25, 2021, 05:50:10 PM »

2. Epysode - Obsession
8. Iron Maiden - The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Did I do it right?)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3573 on: January 25, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »

2. Epysode - Obsession
6. Iron Maiden - The Apparition
9. Iron Maiden - The Clairvoyant
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #3574 on: January 25, 2021, 06:50:46 PM »

2. Epysode - Obsession
10.Iron Maiden - Twilight Zone
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3575 on: January 25, 2021, 06:52:08 PM »
Shaping up to be a great album! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3576 on: January 25, 2021, 07:24:11 PM »
2. Epysode - Obsession
11. John 5 And The Creatures - Crank It - Living With Ghosts
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline HOF

« Reply #3577 on: January 25, 2021, 08:10:54 PM »
2. Epysode - Obsession
11. John 5 And The Creatures - Crank It - Living With Ghosts
12. Counting Crows - Angels of the Silences

Next topic:

Songs with a passage that sounds a lot like a more famous song.

1. John Wetton - Right Where I Wanted to Be (verse sounds like Peter Gabriel’s Red Rain).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3578 on: January 25, 2021, 08:17:28 PM »

1. John Wetton - Right Where I Wanted to Be (verse sounds like Peter Gabriel’s Red Rain).
2. Dream Theater-Constant Motion (verse sounds like the verse in Anthrax's I Am The Law)

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #3579 on: January 26, 2021, 02:41:45 AM »
2. Dream Theater-Constant Motion (verse sounds like the verse in Anthrax's I Am The Law)

It does? Don't hear it at all.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3580 on: January 26, 2021, 03:49:34 AM »

3. Bruce Springsteen - Outlaw Pete (a reoccurring guitar lick reminds a lot of Kiss' I Was Made for Loving You)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3581 on: January 26, 2021, 05:33:28 AM »

It does? Don't hear it at all.

Huh, it was the first thing when I thought of when I first heard Constant Motion. It's the vocal line in the verse. The Anthrax is a bit slower but it has the same vocal cadence.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3582 on: January 26, 2021, 12:05:45 PM »

3. Bruce Springsteen - Outlaw Pete (a reoccurring guitar lick reminds a lot of Kiss' I Was Made for Loving You)
4. Van Halen - When It's Love ( the chorus melody is essentially the verse melody from The Beatles  "A Little Help From My Friends")
[/quote]

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3583 on: January 31, 2021, 07:17:37 AM »
4. Van Halen - When It's Love ( the chorus melody is essentially the verse melody from The Beatles  "A Little Help From My Friends")
5. Peters Gabriel - Sledgehammer (always reminded me of Stevie Wonder's Superstition)

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #3584 on: January 31, 2021, 08:20:17 AM »
5. Peters Gabriel - Sledgehammer (always reminded me of Stevie Wonder's Superstition)
6. Dream Theater  - The Dark Eternal Night(the chorus sounds like Land of Confusion to me.)

Offline Learning2Live

« Reply #3585 on: January 31, 2021, 11:21:00 AM »
6. Dream Theater  - The Dark Eternal Night(the chorus sounds like Land of Confusion to me.)
7. Pink Floyd's Echoes -> Phantom of the Opera (I know Echoes came out first, but would say Phantom is more popular and is why I put it in this order)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #3586 on: February 01, 2021, 12:21:03 AM »
 Just a reminder of the rules of the game - only ONE band repeat is allowed, per album.  :tup
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3587 on: February 01, 2021, 04:58:47 AM »

7. Pink Floyd's Echoes -> Phantom of the Opera (I know Echoes came out first, but would say Phantom is more popular and is why I put it in this order)
8. Angel Vivaldi - Sea of Heartbreaks (chorus melody sounds like  Michael Jackson - Human Nature)
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #3588 on: February 01, 2021, 06:40:25 AM »

8. Angel Vivaldi - Sea of Heartbreaks (chorus melody sounds like  Michael Jackson - Human Nature)
9. Alcatrazz - Jet to Jet (the main riff is almost exactly the riff from Spotlight Kid by Rainbow)
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3589 on: February 01, 2021, 06:46:02 AM »

9. Alcatrazz - Jet to Jet (the main riff is almost exactly the riff from Spotlight Kid by Rainbow)

Yes it is! :metal

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3590 on: February 01, 2021, 07:37:59 AM »

Yes it is! :metal

That's a great call.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #3591 on: February 01, 2021, 08:38:50 AM »
Though in all fairness I believe Bonnet was involved in the writing of Difficult to Cure but got fired before recording. Which is why Turner sings in a higher key on that album than he usually does. So I wouldn't be surprised if he just said fuck it and told Yngwie to go with it.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3592 on: February 01, 2021, 09:24:46 AM »
There was another song recently that had the Spotlight Kid riff. I'm trying to remember it.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3593 on: February 01, 2021, 09:47:17 AM »

10. Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (Under Pressure - god I will always hate Vanilla Ice for making me hate Under Pressure in the early 90s)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3594 on: February 01, 2021, 10:00:52 AM »

10. Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (Under Pressure - god I will always hate Vanilla Ice for making me hate Under Pressure in the early 90s)
11. Scar Symmetry - Ghost Prototype II: Deus Ex Machina (the intro clean guitar Arpeggio is reminiscent to The Count of Tuscany's intro clean guitar arpeggio)
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline HOF

« Reply #3595 on: March 14, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »

11. Scar Symmetry - Ghost Prototype II: Deus Ex Machina (the intro clean guitar Arpeggio is reminiscent to The Count of Tuscany's intro clean guitar arpeggio)

Surely someone can finish this one off!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3596 on: March 14, 2021, 05:44:08 PM »
^^ Sure.

12. Avenged Sevenfold - This Means War (I like A7X, but if you hear this song blind, you might be thinking you are hearing Sad But True).

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3597 on: March 14, 2021, 05:47:45 PM »
Songs from a band that's not from North America or England

1. Poets of the Fall (Finland) - Carnival of Rust

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3598 on: March 14, 2021, 05:48:43 PM »

2.  Helloween-Halloween

Offline HOF

« Reply #3599 on: March 14, 2021, 05:56:50 PM »

2.  Helloween-Halloween
3. Premiata Forneria Marconi - Il Banchetto

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3600 on: March 14, 2021, 06:01:25 PM »

2.  Helloween-Halloween
4. Riverside (poland) - Second Life Syndrome
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #3601 on: March 14, 2021, 06:05:48 PM »

2.  Helloween-Halloween
4. Riverside (poland) - Second Life Syndrome
5. Lovebites (japan) - Edge of the World
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #3602 on: March 14, 2021, 06:06:53 PM »

2. Helloween (Germany) - Halloween
3. Premiata Forneria Marconi (Italy) - Il Banchetto
4. Riverside (Poland) - Second Life Syndrome
5. Lovebites (Japan) - Edge of the World
6. Alcest (France) - Les Iris
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3603 on: March 14, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »

7. Scorpions - We'll Burn The Sky

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3604 on: March 14, 2021, 10:23:44 PM »

7. Scorpions - We'll Burn The Sky
8. ARKA'N ASRAFOKOR - Prince of Fire (Africa)