Author Topic: The Twelve Song Album Game  (Read 243787 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: The Twelve Song Album Game
« Reply #2835 on: March 21, 2020, 07:53:17 AM »
1. Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man (extra vocals in the chorus, the version I heard first and prefer to the album one. The album chorus sounds so bare)
2. Megadeth - Et Tout Le Monde (the newer version has Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil singing some of the song)
3. Tim Bowness - The Warm-Up Man Forever (band version) (bonus disc version with an extra guitar part, very U2-ish and very cool).
4. Rainbow-Still I'm Sad (Instrumental on Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, with lyrics on On Stage)
5. Dream Theater - To Live Forever
6. Dredg - The Ornament (it's appeared on various releases in various forms; waterbourne soundtrack, final track on CWA, live version, Chuckles release)
7. Lady Gaga - Shallow (there's both a solo version and the duet version with Bradley Cooper)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2836 on: March 21, 2020, 10:37:18 AM »
Songs with different versions that include extras (lyrics, outro/intro, etc)

1. Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man (extra vocals in the chorus, the version I heard first and prefer to the album one. The album chorus sounds so bare)
2. Megadeth - Et Tout Le Monde (the newer version has Cristina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil singing some of the song)
3. Tim Bowness - The Warm-Up Man Forever (band version) (bonus disc version with an extra guitar part, very U2-ish and very cool).
4. Rainbow-Still I'm Sad (Instrumental on Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, with lyrics on On Stage)
6. Dredg - The Ornament (it's appeared on various releases in various forms; waterbourne soundtrack, final track on CWA, live version, Chuckles release)
7. Lady Gaga - Shallow (there's both a solo version and the duet version with Bradley Cooper)
8. Dream Theater - The Best Of Times ("Wither" EP version w/Mike Portnoy lead vocals)

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2837 on: March 21, 2020, 10:42:21 AM »
8. Dream Theater - The Best Of Times ("Wither" EP version w/Mike Portnoy lead vocals)
9. Fates Warning - Firefly (The extended version is my preferred version of the song)
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2838 on: March 21, 2020, 10:43:41 AM »
9. Fates Warning - Firefly (The extended version is my preferred version of the song)

These are more of what I was thinking of.

But, I'll accept the others because they include different vocalists.

Also...Thank you Reaper for the Dredg song. Had a listen and loved it.

And Ozzy, I'm the same way with Firefly. I also consider Falling an intro to Falling Further.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2839 on: March 21, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
10. Evanescence - My Immortal (Band/Single Version vs. the Piano/Album Version)
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2840 on: March 21, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »

11. Queensryche - Someone Else? (full band and stripped down versions)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline HOF

« Reply #2841 on: March 21, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »
Somehow I’ve never heard the full band version of Someone Else.

Offline HOF

« Reply #2842 on: March 21, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Ok, that was pretty awesome. Is that an Empire leftover or just something they recorded and expanded for the best of disc? Doesn’t sound like the production on Promised Land.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2843 on: March 22, 2020, 07:09:07 AM »

It's a great song but I think it's final form on Chuckles was the worst iteration of the song :/

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2844 on: March 22, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »

It's a great song but I think it's final form on Chuckles was the worst iteration of the song :/

I heard this https://youtu.be/Lersmyz45sI it might be someone's mix they did themselves, I enjoyed it. Then I heard the Chuckles version and agree, they cut the good stuff and lost the soul.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2845 on: March 22, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »
Ok, that was pretty awesome. Is that an Empire leftover or just something they recorded and expanded for the best of disc? Doesn’t sound like the production on Promised Land.

Samsara would know more, but IIRC it was recorded for PL and the full band version was supposed to be the one that appeared on the album.  But somehow, someone was playing a take with only vocals and it was decided that version had that certain something and the rest is history.   (probably just Geoff thinking his voice by itself was better than having the band back him up...but what do I know)
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #2846 on: March 23, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »

11. Queensryche - Someone Else? (full band and stripped down versions)
12. KISS - Strutter (S/T album original version vs. Double Platinum's "Strutter '78" w/disco drum beat)

Songs with samples from historical figures, celebrities, etc.

1. Living Colour - Cult Of Personality (Malcolm X,  JFK speeches)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2847 on: March 23, 2020, 01:10:05 PM »

2. Supertramp - Fool's Overture

By the way, no lie, I thought of this exact "topic" when seeing Roger Hodgson live a couple weeks ago and haven't had a chance to implement it.  Great minds, eh?

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2848 on: March 23, 2020, 01:13:02 PM »

3. Extreme - Peacemaker Die

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2849 on: March 23, 2020, 01:14:19 PM »

3. Extreme - Peacemaker Die (Martin Luther King jr.)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #2850 on: March 23, 2020, 01:17:56 PM »

4. Within Temptation: Our Solemn Hour ("Be Ye Men Of Valour" speech by Winston Churchill)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2851 on: March 23, 2020, 01:19:45 PM »

4. Within Temptation: Our Solemn Hour ("Be Ye Men Of Valour" speech by Winston Churchill)
5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2852 on: March 23, 2020, 01:26:06 PM »

5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
6. Avenged Sevenfold - Exist (Neil deGrasse Tyson does a spoken word at the end of the song)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2853 on: March 23, 2020, 01:29:52 PM »
Sorry, I misread!

(I edited so fast that it doesn't even shows the edit, haha  :P)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline HOF

« Reply #2854 on: March 23, 2020, 01:34:29 PM »

5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
6. Avenged Sevenfold - Exist (Neil deGrasse Tyson does a spoken word at the end of the song)
7. Def Leppard - Gods of War (Ronald Reagan speech sample)

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2855 on: March 23, 2020, 02:49:00 PM »

5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
8. From Monument To Masses - An Ounce Of Prevention

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #2856 on: March 23, 2020, 03:47:12 PM »

5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
9. Mudvayne - Choices (Many quotes at the end)

Offline 425

« Reply #2857 on: March 24, 2020, 04:01:17 PM »
5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
10. Nightwish - Shudder Before the Beautiful (Richard Dawkins)
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #2858 on: March 31, 2020, 08:23:14 AM »
5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
11. Godspeed You! Black Emperor - BBF3 (Blaise Bailey Finnegan III)

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #2859 on: March 31, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
12.DT: A Change Of Seasons (Robin Williams speaking to class during The Dead Poets' Society)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2860 on: March 31, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
5. Iron Maiden-Aces High
12.DT: A Change Of Seasons (Robin Williams speaking to class during The Dead Poets' Society)

You have to pick a theme for the next album since you finished the previous one.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #2861 on: March 31, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »
Songs that feature names of cities

1. Marillion: Berlin

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #2862 on: March 31, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »

2. Virgin Steele - The Burning of Rome

I remember we had this shortly ago, it might be an escuse to look for other cities  :D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2863 on: March 31, 2020, 09:14:12 AM »

3. Riot-Tokyo Rose
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2864 on: March 31, 2020, 09:15:22 AM »
DAMMIT!  I was going to use Woman From Tokyo

3. Riot-Tokyo Rose
4. Dokken - Paris Is Burning

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #2865 on: March 31, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »

3. Riot-Tokyo Rose
5. Billy Joel - Vienna

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2866 on: March 31, 2020, 09:16:23 AM »
^  Lovely; one of my favorite songs of all time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2867 on: March 31, 2020, 09:19:17 AM »
^  Lovely; one of my favorite songs of all time.

I didn't know you like Dokken so much. ;D

Offline HOF

« Reply #2868 on: March 31, 2020, 09:41:14 AM »

3. Riot-Tokyo Rose
5. Billy Joel - Vienna
6. King Crimson - Sartori in Tangier
[/quote]

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #2869 on: March 31, 2020, 09:43:21 AM »

3. Riot-Tokyo Rose
5. Billy Joel - Vienna
6. King Crimson - Sartori in Tangier
7. Rush - A Passage to Bangkok
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon