Author Topic: The Twelve Song Album Game  (Read 242741 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: The Twelve Song Album Game
« Reply #3220 on: November 12, 2020, 07:47:08 PM »
Your favorite song on your second-favorite album from your third-favorite artist.

1. Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize
2. Iron Maiden - The Thin Line Between Love & Hate
3. Dream Theater-Fatal Tragedy
4. King Diamond - Black Horsemen
5. Sixx: A.M. - Are You With Me Now

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #3221 on: November 12, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
Your favorite song on your second-favorite album from your third-favorite artist.

6. Rush - La Villa Strangiato

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3222 on: November 12, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »

7. Ayreon - Day 18: Realization
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:39:50 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3223 on: November 12, 2020, 08:30:38 PM »
This topic is brilliant, and ridiculous. It's briliculous!

7. Ayreon - Day 18: Accident
8. Pink Floyd - Dogs

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline v_clortho

• Keymaster of Gozer
  • King of DTF
« Reply #3224 on: November 12, 2020, 08:35:23 PM »

7. Ayreon - Day 18: Accident
8. Pink Floyd - Dogs
9. Nevermore - Believe in Nothing

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3225 on: November 12, 2020, 09:24:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure Accident isn't Day 18 on THE :P
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #3226 on: November 12, 2020, 09:36:11 PM »

8. Pink Floyd - Dogs
10. Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:58:05 PM by Puppies_On_Acid »
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3227 on: November 12, 2020, 09:38:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure Accident isn't Day 18 on THE :P

:facepalm: :lol

Fix'd
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online HOF

« Reply #3228 on: November 12, 2020, 10:15:31 PM »

8. Pink Floyd - Dogs
11. Rush - Digital Man

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3229 on: November 13, 2020, 04:08:33 AM »

8. Pink Floyd - Dogs
11. Rush - Digital Man
12. Rage - Under Control
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3230 on: November 13, 2020, 04:11:11 AM »
Songs where there is a big contrast between the feel of the music, and the actual lyrics (serious / dark topics on "happy" songs, or light topics on dramatic sounding songs)

1. Dropkick Murphys - The State of Massachussets (child neglect and social services on a happy folkish tune)
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3231 on: November 13, 2020, 07:15:14 AM »
Songs where there is a big contrast between the feel of the music, and the actual lyrics (serious / dark topics on "happy" songs, or light topics on dramatic sounding songs)

1. Dropkick Murphys - The State of Massachussets (child neglect and social services on a happy folkish tune)
2. Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A (jingoistic, anthemic music, lyrics about a down on his luck Vietnam vet)
[/quote]

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3232 on: November 13, 2020, 07:20:00 AM »
I actually wanted to start with Born in the USA  ;D but I went with Dropkick Murphys since that song gave me the idea anyway.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3233 on: November 13, 2020, 07:24:06 AM »
Not sure if this qualifies but the first thing I thought of was

2. Bruce Springsteen - Born In The U.S.A (jingoistic, anthemic music, lyrics about a down on his luck Vietnam vet)
3. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr (a beautiful, beautiful acoustic song with disturbing lyrics about a serial killer)

Online HOF

« Reply #3234 on: November 13, 2020, 07:33:16 AM »

3. Sufjan Stevens - John Wayne Gacy Jr (a beautiful, beautiful acoustic song with disturbing lyrics about a serial killer)
4. Marillion - A Collection (pretty acoustic guitar ballad about an obsessive personality/stalker/cereal killer)

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3235 on: November 13, 2020, 07:36:41 AM »

4. Marillion - A Collection (pretty acoustic guitar ballad about an obsessive personality/stalker/cereal killer)
5. The Police - Every Breath You Take (has a sort of romantic feel, but is actually about a deranged stalker. I can't believe it's been played at weddings)
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3236 on: November 13, 2020, 08:45:52 AM »

5. The Police - Every Breath You Take (has a sort of romantic feel, but is actually about a deranged stalker. I can't believe it's been played at weddings)
6. K'Naan - I Was Stabbed By Satan (Upbeat music, the lyrics say it best "This song is a poem and this whole poem is a tear")

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3237 on: November 13, 2020, 12:59:13 PM »

6. K'Naan - I Was Stabbed By Satan (Upbeat music, the lyrics say it best "This song is a poem and this whole poem is a tear")
7. Owl City - Dental Care (A nice little pop song, but the lyrics are mainly about the fear and people's horror when going to the dentist)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #3238 on: November 13, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »

7. Owl City - Dental Care (A nice little pop song, but the lyrics are mainly about the fear and people's horror when going to the dentist)
8. Robert Plant's Band of Joy - Harm's Swift Way (a song about death set to sweet, light music)
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #3239 on: November 13, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »

8. Robert Plant's Band of Joy - Harm's Swift Way (a song about death set to sweet, light music)
9. Tool - Die Eier Von Satan (a harsh industrial instrumental with spoken-word German lyrics; when translated it's literally a cookie recipe)
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #3240 on: November 14, 2020, 03:54:27 AM »
9. Tool - Die Eier Von Satan (a harsh industrial instrumental with spoken-word German lyrics; when translated it's literally a cookie recipe)

You know that they are not just ordinary cookies?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3241 on: November 14, 2020, 04:36:24 AM »

10. Blue Öyster Cult - ME262 (Nazi beach music. Hell just about any BÖC ever recorded could fall into this category)
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3242 on: November 14, 2020, 07:22:00 AM »

« Reply #3241 on: Today at 06:36:24 AM »
ReplyQuote

10. Blue Öyster Cult - ME262 (Nazi beach music. Hell just about any BÖC ever recorded could fall into this category)
11. Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks (Song about a school shooting)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #3243 on: November 30, 2020, 09:22:24 PM »

11. Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks (Song about a school shooting)
12. Coheed & Cambria - Number City

Album bonus tracks that you liked better than the lead single off that same album.

1. Alter Bridge - Breathe
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3244 on: November 30, 2020, 11:35:38 PM »
Dang it, man.  If there was going to be an Alter Bridge pick for this topic, I would have chosen either The Damage Done or New Way to Live off Blackbird.  Anyway.

Album bonus tracks that you liked better than the lead single off that same album.

2. Shinedown - Carried Away

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #3245 on: November 30, 2020, 11:37:19 PM »
Dang it, man.  If there was going to be an Alter Bridge pick for this topic, I would have chosen either The Damage Done or New Way to Live off Blackbird.  Anyway.

But Rise Today is awesome!
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #3246 on: December 01, 2020, 06:16:52 AM »

3. Black Sabbath - What's the Use
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3247 on: December 01, 2020, 08:09:48 AM »
4. Deep Purple - Not Responsible

Offline romdrums

« Reply #3248 on: December 01, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »

5. Dream Theater - Viper King
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3249 on: December 01, 2020, 10:03:56 AM »
6. Blind Guardian - Distant Memories

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3250 on: December 01, 2020, 11:26:21 AM »

7. Mudvayne - On The Move

Online HOF

« Reply #3251 on: December 01, 2020, 12:05:01 PM »

8. Spock’s Beard - Bulletproof

Offline LordCost

« Reply #3252 on: December 01, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »

9. Leprous - Bury

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3253 on: December 01, 2020, 12:40:33 PM »
9. Leprous - Bury

What was the lead single from Coal? The Cloak? If so, you are nuts. :P

If it was Foe, I'm okay with this choice.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3254 on: December 01, 2020, 12:44:36 PM »

9. Leprous - Bury
10. Taylor Swift - New Romantics

That's two for me; I can delete it if it's a dick move, just keeping things moving along.