Author Topic: The Who to tour Quadrophenia?  (Read 757 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
The Who to tour Quadrophenia?
« on: September 10, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »
I've seen a few sites saying the Who have plans to tour Quadrophenia, but have been unable to find out any more information than that. Is there any more information out there about when it might happen, if it would be a full production or have guest spots? If its going to happen, I'm super excited.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: The Who to tour Quadrophenia?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
Yawn.

Daltrey doesn't have much of a voice left, and Moon and Entwistle are dead. 

Besides, they already did this in the late 90s.

But I guess Daltrey and Townshend need more money.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:05:15 PM »
Yawn, as well.

If they have Zak with them, the drums will be solid. I can't remember who they have on bass, but with 2 of the 4 long gone, it would feel more like a Daltrey/Townshend act. And while I have no doubt Pete will be able to deliver until he dies, it's time for Roger to hang it up.

That being said, I'll check out the details when they become available, if they tour around here. They are on my short list of artists I really want to see. Well, 30 years ago anyway, but I would have been 5 then. But then Roger Waters just delivered a hell of a tour, so who knows.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
The Who were good when I saw them live in 06, and even though I do love Quadrophenia... eh. If tickets are cheap I might check it out, but I'm pretty sure tickets will be sky high, so I guess I'll be passing.  :P

But, I heard about this tour awhile ago but never saw any confirmed info on it either.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »
I have never seen The Who and never had the chance to, so if this is one of the last tours, I'm going to spend the money to see it. The Who are a band that mean a lot to me for very personal reasons and Quadrophenia is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
::) I really don't care if you would like to see it or not... my question was for more information if available.

I have never seen The Who and never had the chance to, so if this is one of the last tours, I'm going to spend the money to see it. The Who are a band that mean a lot to me for very personal reasons.

Well, to be fair this is a discussion baord, so since you brought this up, people are very likely to weigh in with their opinion.  :lol ;)

But I don't have any info on the tour, sorry. I heard rumors about this from one of my friends awhile back, but I never thought it really materialized into anything.