Author Topic: Some of my sons' work, what do you think?  (Read 922 times)

Offline Orion1967

Some of my sons' work, what do you think?
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »
Annie in the Water is a band that my oldest son (sound engineer/producer) was working with and they asked my youngest son (the drummer) to play drums on the album for them.  The first video is when they were recording the album in the Jacksonville University Studio and was shot by a guy that was kind of new to video and editing so all the parts dont exactly match up to what is being played (apologies in advance).  The song is titled Jessi.

https://youtu.be/hon0yeEwQN4

The second one is one they wrote in NY while they were doing a small 2 week club tour for the release of their album.

https://youtu.be/mATZtzJBTuw

Not really metal or prog more of easy listening rock.

Hopefully you'll enjoy.  Their album Destinations can be bought from iTunes.

Thanks for listening
Mike
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline Unimatrix

• The lurking clown
  • They float...
Re: Some of my sons' work, what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:17:36 PM »
It's not music I would usually listen to, but it's well made  ;)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »
From a drumming point of view it's lovely. But the engineering isn't great, basically all I hear is vocals, some guitar and a little bit of snare, everything else is just gone.

And the singers voice isn't the kind of thing I want to listen to. I'd like to have some more snare, some cymbals and even kick drum and toms in the mix, cause they're pretty non existent.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orion1967

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:34:33 AM »
From a drumming point of view it's lovely. But the engineering isn't great, basically all I hear is vocals, some guitar and a little bit of snare, everything else is just gone.

And the singers voice isn't the kind of thing I want to listen to. I'd like to have some more snare, some cymbals and even kick drum and toms in the mix, cause they're pretty non existent.

Yeah I brought up that same thing to my oldest son (the engineer) but that's kind of how they wanted it mixed, more prominant guitars and vocals with the drums there, but kind of in the background.  So that's how he mixed it.  Jessi (the first song) on the album actually has more prominant drums than the audio track they used for the video.  The video came out while he was still mastering the album itself.  Thanks for listening though and the kind comments about the drums.
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again