Author Topic: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!! (w/ Periphery)  (Read 10016 times)

Offline tristl

• DTF.org Alumni
  • when dreams and tristl unite
Re: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!! (w/ Periphery)
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 02:36:47 AM »
is there anybody in the forum who will go to the german concerts in berlin, offenbach and stuttgart? :metal :metal
Carpe diem baby

Offline Rob801

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 03:55:26 AM »
Meet & Greet packages are starting to be available for Europe, for Poland it will be available today, but the price is killing me...275 $
I know what you mean!!!

I REALLY want to get the Meet and Greet but I'm I'm also taking my son to the concert if he wants to go (haven't told him they are coming yet) so that's $550 plus gas (about $2.36 a LITER) and a ferry to Copenhagen plus a hotel room for the night. By the time I've paid for everything I could've bought 1-2 weeks vacation in Greece :o!

But it is the first album and tour with MM  so I don't know... if my son doesn't want to go I might end up going for it :-\  (but I'd rather that he want's to go even if we had to skip the Meet and Greet).

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 03:58:13 AM »
damn they are playing the armadillo in glasgow officially the worst venue in scotland!!! all seated= no atmsphear!! if the wanted to play a venue of that size then the barrowlands would have been the best choice!!!!

i will still be going though lol
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline gborland

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 05:40:58 AM »
I agree about the Armadillo in Glasgow being shite. It is almost twice the capacity of the Barrowlands though (3000 vs 1800) and has a much much bigger stage. Even the Academy's stage is too small (remember they moved it to Braehead on the SC tour).
Graham Borland

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
Re: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!!
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 06:11:20 AM »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2011, 06:14:08 AM »
Super-mega-ultra-DTthemed-birthday-party-for-every-member-on-DTF?

Offline serrano

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2011, 06:33:42 AM »
is there anybody in the forum who will go to the german concerts in berlin, offenbach and stuttgart? :metal :metal

Düsseldorf and Offenbach for sure, Stuttgart if i can take a day off...

Offline tristl

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2011, 06:51:34 AM »

Düsseldorf and Offenbach for sure, Stuttgart if i can take a day off...
so see you in offenbach then and maybe in stuttgart :metal
Carpe diem baby

Offline Guitalguy

• Blackness awakens Visions come alive
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2011, 08:10:06 AM »
YES. Finally gonna see DT for the first time. Can't wait to Jan 26th ;D

Nice, I know how you feel, I still remember my first time ;) And if I'll buy a ticket it will be my fourth time seeing them i Norway. Although that number isn't something to brag about, when I've seen people talk about attending DT-conserts six times or more, in one tour..  :biggrin:

Anyone know when tickets will be out?

And.... Valhall this time, not the shitty Oslo Spektrum. That will be a good first concert :)

I wonder how many people will come. Last time in Oslo Spektrum the venue was about 80% full I'd say. Valhall can either be a 5300 capacity venue or 13 000. I'm pretty sure they will go for the 5,3k capacity. But it'd be great if DT filled a 13k venue :D

Strange to chose Valhall instead of Spektrum if they are going for 5300, and there's no way they're filling the venue with 13k, as Iron Maiden only could fill 15 000 at telenor arena. Going to be epic no matter what, though!!

Hello fellow Norwegians. DB_Gumby: This'll without doubt be a great first concert! ;D
Only one question. On vipnation, it says that the show in Norway is wednesday, Jan 25th. This can't be right, right? Looks like some of the other shows are on the wrong dates as well.

Offline Lotion

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »

Hello fellow Norwegians. DB_Gumby: This'll without doubt be a great first concert! ;D
Only one question. On vipnation, it says that the show in Norway is wednesday, Jan 25th. This can't be right, right? Looks like some of the other shows are on the wrong dates as well.

It's 26th, probably wrong on VIPnation. Seems like it's Valhall instead of Oslo Spektrum because their schedule crashed with Disney on Ice :P

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »

It's 26th, probably wrong on VIPnation. Seems like it's Valhall instead of Oslo Spektrum because their schedule crashed with Disney on Ice :P

Yeah, maybe they will change the dates when Meet & Greet tickets are available from VIPnation.  :tup
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »

Yeah, maybe they will change the dates when Meet & Greet tickets are available from VIPnation.  :tup

Hopefully they'll correct it in time...don't want any confusion to ruin it for me.

And I haven't been to Vallhall, so I don't know how things are there. I was in Spektrum and saw Muse in 09, got the crappiest seats in the house. But if i get the M&G package, I'll at least have good seats ;D

And the Vallhall/Thor/Thursday-thing was hilarious.

Offline DP_Gumby

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
Hehe, good to see that someone figured out my little dry joke :biggrin:

But  I wonder what they'll do in Valhall regarding seatings.. Hmm... I guess we just have to find that out later..  :laugh:
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline serrano

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
I was about to get M&G for Offenbach but my GF already bought them as a birthday present!!!

Now i need the regular tickets for Düsseldorf and Stuttgart. :yarr

Offline Moonchild

• There can be only one! muahahaha
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »
Yay! Lisbon gets the final date, does JLB hold up well at the end of tours these days?

Offline John94

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2011, 12:46:48 PM »
I take back everything I said earlier and would like to say I just ordered my tickets with priority tickets via O2. Found out the last coach is at 11.59 - show ends at 11. Would have to get a taxi to the coach station to ensure I get on in time. AND I will be in College the next day!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
Yay! Lisbon gets the final date, does JLB hold up well at the end of tours these days?
I attended the show in Hungary, which was the last show this summer, and James nailed it. He sounded as great as he did on the other shows. No need to worry.  :metal

Offline Moonchild

• There can be only one! muahahaha
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
I attended the show in Hungary, which was the last show this summer, and James nailed it. He sounded as great as he did on the other shows. No need to worry.  :metal
Can't wait.  :metal

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2011, 01:49:16 PM »
If I will get some extra money from work which I'm awaiting for I will get my meet & greet package. life is only one :metal

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »
I need to save some money for gigging at the end of this month so I'm going to have to wait till next payday to get my ticket. Fingers crossed Wembley won't sell out by then, surely not all 12,500 tickets!

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2011, 02:41:25 PM »
Hehe, good to see that someone figured out my little dry joke :biggrin:

But  I wonder what they'll do in Valhall regarding seatings.. Hmm... I guess we just have to find that out later..  :laugh:

Yeah. Is is seats all over, or are there standing places (wth is this in english?? vel, ja, stċplasser) as well?

Another thing, if it says on VIPNation that the tickets will be available at 7 pm, which time zone is this?

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
I've just buyed the meet & greet for me and my girlfriend, on my eleventh show of DT for the eleventh album, finally i can meet this great band!!!

Offline tristl

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2011, 02:35:02 AM »
just ordered my m&g for offenbach, with the rest of the tickets for the tour i will wait until next week, you know why? :metal
Carpe diem baby

Offline serrano

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:08 AM »
See ya at the m&g Offenbach :metal

Offline weezul

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:49 AM »
now wait a minute man...
all seated at manchester too? and all the seats i'm being given are at the edges. Will try again tonight...
https://www.liamgaughan.com
--Production--Performance--Tuition--

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2011, 02:55:20 AM »

Offline Aquila Chrysaetos

« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
Why the heck is the dutch concert hold in Zwolle?, that's the last place I thought they would play
It's great and just an hours drive for me ;)

Offline gborland

« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2011, 03:08:27 AM »
BTW, the Clyde Auditorium in Glasgow is the same venue where Susan Boyle was discovered in THAT TV CLIP.
Graham Borland

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2011, 03:36:53 AM »
The words of the co-founder of VoicesUK:

"Not that I'm supportive of any band charging 50 quid for tickets (I fondly look back on the days when I saw DT for about a tenner in '93), but above the point has been raised that there better be a corresponding leap in the stage show for DT...

When we interviewed JP and MM, JP confirmed that they are substantially reworking their video presentation for the upcoming touring, and it will be far and away superior to anything they've had before. I suspect this could be part of a package of improvements that "might" have added to the ticket price (given when they originally started doing the whole platinum pass thing, the revenues were ploughed into the production).

Last DT tour, Kerry and I went to see Porcupine Tree with Jordan and the high standard of their video production made an impact on all of us. JR definitely talked to the other members of DT about the video, based on conversations we had with others over the next couple of days. IMO, I reckon we could maybe see something of that kind of quality and style being incorporated.

Not that this fully excuses an industry-wide screwing of concert go-ers - lets not forget this is not just DT (e.g. we will be going to see Mr Big in Manc a week on Saturday and that is over 30 quid each and is only in Academy 2!)."

Offline duncan3dc

• PHP Ninja
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2011, 06:14:18 AM »
now wait a minute man...
all seated at manchester too? and all the seats i'm being given are at the edges. Will try again tonight...

The edge seats upstairs are the best, I always sit there.
Strange that it's all seated downstairs, I've never known any modern band do that.

Offline the-glass-prison

« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2011, 07:25:38 AM »
I agree with you that the Barrowland would be a better venue but the stage is definitely too small. As for the armadillo being the worst venue in Scotland, I would award that 1 to the SECC. I went to see Maiden 3 times last month and the SECC was by far the worst of the lot. The sound in that place is so bad. I have been to a few gigs in the armadillo and the sound is pretty damn good.

Offline Zukuduku

« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »
Where is all the Finnish fans? I will be going, who else?  :metal :metal
You did not see my post a bit above your reply?  ;) The ticket sales for the Helsinki gig will start on Monday at 9 am. So if you are looking for floor tickets, the safest bet is probably to act fast. The whole show will most likely not be sold out as the venue capacity is around 7,000 people.

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
Just bought my M&G ticket for Oslo. Anyone else going there?

Offline Icebear

• The Sleeper
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »
Hopefully, the wife and I can attend the Stockholm gig. But that means applying for vacation time. I knew there was a good reason I saved a week!

Oh, and I have to convince my parents to look after our one year-old for a day or two...

Offline DP_Gumby

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2011, 03:36:32 AM »
Just bought my M&G ticket for Oslo. Anyone else going there?

I'm going there without a doubt, though I'm not buying M&G ticket.  :metal