Author Topic: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!! (w/ Periphery)  (Read 10013 times)

Offline Guitalguy

• Blackness awakens Visions come alive
Re: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!! (w/ Periphery)
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2011, 04:00:15 AM »
Just bought my M&G ticket for Oslo. Anyone else going there?

I'm going there without a doubt, though I'm not buying M&G ticket.  :metal

I see  ;) Me and my friend both got into DT the last two years or so, and found out that the ordinary tickets cost 600 kr, and the package with meet and greet, photo taken, lim ed tshirt and poster, signed 8x10 picture, m&g laminate, crowdfree merch shopping, and early entry for 1500 kr wasn't that bad. It'll at least be an unforgettable experience!  ;D

Offline Acideus

• Progaholic
  • Lurker
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »

Yeah! Buying the M&G package tomorrow, can't wait.
Seasons change, and so can I

Offline DP_Gumby

• Wished I lived in any fantasy realm
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2011, 11:05:29 AM »

I'm going there without a doubt, though I'm not buying M&G ticket.  :metal

I see  ;) Me and my friend both got into DT the last two years or so, and found out that the ordinary tickets cost 600 kr, and the package with meet and greet, photo taken, lim ed tshirt and poster, signed 8x10 picture, m&g laminate, crowdfree merch shopping, and early entry for 1500 kr wasn't that bad. It'll at least be an unforgettable experience!  ;D

Yeah, I have no doubt about that  ;) But I'll consider 600 kr to be worth every second of the consert.  :biggrin:
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline patthemetaller

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2011, 12:08:48 PM »
Got tickets for Wembley. 16 rows from front of stage in the centre. Can't wait  :metal

Offline Cem

Re: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!!
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2011, 04:24:32 AM »
Why the heck is the dutch concert hold in Zwolle?, that's the last place I thought they would play

I agree. This is the most worse place for DT to play in Holland. Even Rotterdam Ahoy would be better.
 :facepalm:

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2011, 08:02:08 AM »
I agree about the Armadillo in Glasgow being shite. It is almost twice the capacity of the Barrowlands though (3000 vs 1800) and has a much much bigger stage. Even the Academy's stage is too small (remember they moved it to Braehead on the SC tour).
i dont understand why they dont just do it at the braehead arena again it was decent?
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2011, 08:05:14 AM »
I agree with you that the Barrowland would be a better venue but the stage is definitely too small. As for the armadillo being the worst venue in Scotland, I would award that 1 to the SECC. I went to see Maiden 3 times last month and the SECC was by far the worst of the lot. The sound in that place is so bad. I have been to a few gigs in the armadillo and the sound is pretty damn good.
yup ive seen a few things in the armadillo and the sound is great but the atmosphere is totally crap all seated = pish atmosphere especialy for a band like dt or periphery for that matter
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2011, 08:07:35 AM »
anyone up for a meet up in the solid rock beforhand? :yarr

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
Re: European Tour Dates Jan/Feb 2012!!!!!
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
Why the heck is the dutch concert hold in Zwolle?, that's the last place I thought they would play
It's great and just an hours drive for me ;)

It's my home town!
Although the venue isn't that good, but it's really cool to see DT play in Zwolle.
Now I've gotta find me some money to pre-order.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline krands85

« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2011, 07:51:45 AM »
I agree with you that the Barrowland would be a better venue but the stage is definitely too small. As for the armadillo being the worst venue in Scotland, I would award that 1 to the SECC. I went to see Maiden 3 times last month and the SECC was by far the worst of the lot. The sound in that place is so bad. I have been to a few gigs in the armadillo and the sound is pretty damn good.
Just bought 2 tickets for the Glasgow show (almost £75! Damn booking fees  >:( ) Not sure what to expect though, I've never been to a gig at a seated venue. Hope the sound is better than the SECC like you said - Prog Nation 2009 at the SECC was a bit iffy, the bass drum especially.

EDIT:
Here's where I'll be sitting:

Would have been nice to be central, but it's only 7/8 rows from the front and last time I was slightly on JP's side at the SECC, so it'll be nice to get a better view of Myung this time  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:15:46 AM by krands85 »
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline DP_Gumby

« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
I have just bought one ticket for the concert in Oslo. Looking forward to january now  :biggrin: :metal
"This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy." - Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:51 PM »
I have just bought one ticket for the concert in Oslo. Looking forward to january now  :biggrin: :metal

Definately! I've gotta start thinking of what I'm gonna ask them when I get to meet them..  :P

Offline DP_Gumby

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »

Definately! I've gotta start thinking of what I'm gonna ask them when I get to meet them..  :P

Hehe, yeah. I think that's something many people thinking about before meeting DT.  :biggrin: BTW, are you a member of DTNorway?

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »

Hehe, yeah. I think that's something many people thinking about before meeting DT.  :biggrin: BTW, are you a member of DTNorway?

No, I'm actually not. I've stumbled upon the website sometimes and heard some interviews from there, but haven't actually gone as far as that. What does it include being a member?

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2011, 01:32:02 PM »

Yeah! Buying the M&G package tomorrow, can't wait.

Cool! I guess I'll see you there then ;) Any idea how many will be there for the M&G?

(Sorry for doubleposting  :-\)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:43:19 PM by Guitalguy »

Offline DP_Gumby

« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »

No, I'm actually not. I've stumbled upon the website sometimes and heard some interviews from there, but haven't actually gone as far as that. What does it include being a member?

Well, being a member you get one fanzine each year (if nothing special happens), fanclub-present (sometimes, last time it was a calendar) and a ticket to a pre-party arranged by the fanclub. And if you are at the pre-party you will be able to enter the arena before other people, who are not attending the pre-party.  :biggrin: So there are some advantages to being a member imho..  ::)

Offline Guitalguy

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »

Well, being a member you get one fanzine each year (if nothing special happens), fanclub-present (sometimes, last time it was a calendar) and a ticket to a pre-party arranged by the fanclub. And if you are at the pre-party you will be able to enter the arena before other people, who are not attending the pre-party.  :biggrin: So there are some advantages to being a member imho..  ::)

Okay, that's cool  :smiley: Maybe I'll join sooner or later :p At the show in Oslo I'll get in before the doors open anyway tho  ;D

Offline DP_Gumby

« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »
Hehe, you have a point there..  :biggrin:

Offline perfey

• Stiletto in the sand
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2011, 07:05:54 AM »
Bought my ticket to Hovet, Stockholm the 25 january yesterday!  :metal Im a happy man!  :biggrin: