Author Topic: Second tune from my band's new record...  (Read 1485 times)

Offline goldfalcon

Second tune from my band's new record...
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
Here's the second song from my band's upcoming record, 'This Town, a Sinking Ship'.  It's entitled Family Gatherings and contains NO SHRED. :)  If you dig, you can like us on facebook or reverbnation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PGDddRal4w

Alex

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
Re: Second tune from my band's new record...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 05:21:10 PM »
Sounds great man!  I really like the acoustic guitar on this track!

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
The vocal style is a little different from what I'm used to hearing, but I started listening and I was like "This is pretty good I guess", and by the end I thought "This is a great song." Musically, lyrically, and everything, great job.

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
Thanks alot for the kind words!  This record has been a labor of love and it's an awesome feeling to see it finally coming to fruition.  If you guys haven't you should head over to either our Facebook page or our reverb nation page and download the first song off the record 'Saints and Martyrs'.  It requires you to join the mailing list, but you get entered in a contest to win a free copy of the record.  Free is good.  :). Thanks again for checking it out.  It should be released this month or early next.

Alex

Offline austin

• Heyyyyy
  • DTF.org Member
  • bit.ly/thefury
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »
Thanks alot for the kind words!  This record has been a labor of love and it's an awesome feeling to see it finally coming to fruition.  If you guys haven't you should head over to either our Facebook page or our reverb nation page and download the first song off the record 'Saints and Martyrs'.  It requires you to join the mailing list, but you get entered in a contest to win a free copy of the record.  Free is good.  :). Thanks again for checking it out.  It should be released this month or early next.

Alex
Yes! I listened to Saints and Martyrs, and it is siiick.

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »

Alex
Yes! I listened to Saints and Martyrs, and it is siiick.

Excellent!  Good luck in the contest.  Should have a winner picked at random around the end of the month.

Alex

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
Giving this a bump because we've set our release date; September 13th.  So freakin' excited to get this out there.  If you haven't yet, you should get in on the contest as it will be ending around the end of the month and we'll run another one leading up to the release.  Thanks for checking it out.

Alex

Offline Unimatrix

• The lurking clown
  • They float...
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 07:48:05 AM »
Sounds good, and it's pretty radio-friendly! Good luck with the album release  ;)

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
Sounds good, and it's pretty radio-friendly! Good luck with the album release  ;)

Thanks!  It's not all quite like that, but I think we could get a couple on local radio. :)

Alex

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »
Just tagging this because there's one week left to enter our contest.  If you go to either our facebook page or reverbnation page and download Saints and Martyrs, you'll be entered in the contest for a shot at a free copy of the record.  Can't wait for September 13th so I can share this thing in whole with you guys.  The members here and over at the petrucciforum were instrumental in helping us make this the best record we could.  Awesome guys here and over there.  :)

Alex

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/This-Town-A-Sinking-Ship/dp/B005J6N7Y6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1314976307&sr=8-4

My band's record is up on Amazon!  Release date is September 13th.  You can preview the whole thing here now, and we've also made the song Family Gatherings available for download at our facebook page and reverbnation page.  Links are in the sig.  Happy days. :)

Alex

Offline goldfalcon

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 10:51:04 AM »
Just trying to keep the place clean and put all this stuff in one thread.  :)

My band is running one more contest before we release our new record on Tuesday.  It's for Facebook only, so if you're interested in getting a copy and NOT paying for it, you should go over there and get in.  :lol  Link is in the sig, and all the info is on the page.

Thanks.

Alex