Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 903 times)

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
What do you think?
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:21:58 PM »
Perhaps this belongs int he musicians thread, but more people will look in this forum.

I'm a member of a classic rock cover band.  I feel that we are ready to gig, except we need more repertoire.  But take alisten.  The quality of the clips is not very good and somewhat raw(and we make mistakes from time to time, or at least I do), but just listen.  Would you come and hear us?

BTW I play keys and do background vox.

Hold The Line
Roll With The Changes
Carry on Wayward Son (We Sound Better on this one now... this was our 2nd time thru this ever this recording.  There is a more recent recording (where I don't mess up the keys), but our lead vocalist couldn't hear himself and the vocals suffer on that one)

We do more but this is all I feel like I wanna post.  lol

We do more but this is all I feel like I wanna post.  lol
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
I like it  :metal

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:01:32 PM »
Not enough material posted for me to say I'd actually come and see you play, but it was impressive. Some parts were better than others, and you guys sound a whole lot better than some bar bands I've heard play. If you want your timing to be "nails" and get rid of that bar band sound, try rehearsing all your songs in the dark. It really works.  :biggrin:

Overall, I'd say so long as you have more than 3 songs, that are at least as good as those you shared, then you guys are pretty much ready to go get some gigs!  :metal

Add "Jane" by Starship to your list.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:49:14 PM »
I'll mention Jane, that's a great song.

Got a couple more. 

Double Vision
Stealin' (first time ever doing this song)
Rocky Mountain Way
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 07:03:27 PM by splent »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 11:35:03 PM »
Not enough material posted for me to say I'd actually come and see you play, but it was impressive. Some parts were better than others

I think this is a fair statement. Keep it up :)
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »
I only listened to Hold The Line (the only song I know of the ones you've posted), and it sounded good. The only real issue I'm hearing is that it's a bit loose right now. The vocals were quite good, the guitars and keys were good, it just wasn't fully tight.
The drums kept a steady and correct tempo, which is a huge plus, but there were a few minor slip ups here and there. I'm not sure if the drums felt behind, or whether the other instruments were pushing the tempo a bit, but it wasn't quite locked in.

I think it's just an issue of a bit more practice, but aside from that, you sound like a great cover band.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 08:15:06 AM »
I only listened to Hold The Line (the only song I know of the ones you've posted), and it sounded good. The only real issue I'm hearing is that it's a bit loose right now. The vocals were quite good, the guitars and keys were good, it just wasn't fully tight.
The drums kept a steady and correct tempo, which is a huge plus, but there were a few minor slip ups here and there. I'm not sure if the drums felt behind, or whether the other instruments were pushing the tempo a bit, but it wasn't quite locked in.

I think it's just an issue of a bit more practice, but aside from that, you sound like a great cover band.

Thanks.  We get better every week we practice and are looking for gigs right now.  Right now we are looking for a sort of warm up gig to kind of get our feet wet.