Author Topic: The pathetic facebook status thread.  (Read 306563 times)

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
Re: The pathetic facebook status thread.
« Reply #3220 on: January 08, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »
About that fugly girl discussed above: how old is she?

She seems to be dressed and acting like a teen but looks rather advanced in the years. 

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3221 on: January 08, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
God, I just can't believe that some people would actually be doing better than I am. The nerve.

On the other hand, there are people who do seem to enjoy boasting.  I accepted a Friend request from a guy I knew from high school that I was kinda tight with for a while.  As with anyone I re-contact from the old days, I shot him a message asking him what he's been up to.  He never answered.  Posted a few times on his wall, just saying Hi and that, no replies.  But he's on Facebook all the time, asking people to Like his business page; obviously he's using the whole social networking thing to expand his client base, but he could at least keep up the personal end.  And from digging around, I know that he now lives in Florida and has his own photography studio. 

Every status is "Spent all day at the beach house. Life is good." and "Played tennis this morning, then went sailing." and "Scored a big contract this week. That should pay for my trip to the Bahamas this year."  Okay, dude, we get it; you're very successful and life has been good to you.  And you're too busy living the good life to actually talk to people who you once considered friends, so... later.  I unFriended him.  Seemed like a pretty one-way relationship anyway.

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #3222 on: January 09, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
"Let me tell you just how great it is to be struggling with finances and working a dead end job while people around me are telling me how well they are doing.

From the masses of us who don't have our own home, can't afford a new car, and have bills that continue to pile up cause we were dealt a plate load of responsibilities: go shove it up your ass."

God, I just can't believe that some people would actually be doing better than I am. The nerve.

I have five bucks that says the "dead end job" and "plate load of responsibilities" are all this person's fault anyway.  Sure, life shits all over some people.  But there are way too many people that love to make themselves the victims of their circumstances when it isn't the case. 

So...this person maybe dropped out of school, probably had a child unexpectedly.  Probably isn't a hard worker, so the dead-end job only seems like a dead-end job because their work ethic keeps them from ever being up for promotions or significant raises.

Just my two cents.  Am I right about any of this?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3223 on: January 09, 2012, 11:14:28 PM »
"Let me tell you just how great it is to be struggling with finances and working a dead end job while people around me are telling me how well they are doing.

From the masses of us who don't have our own home, can't afford a new car, and have bills that continue to pile up cause we were dealt a plate load of responsibilities: go shove it up your ass."

I have five bucks that says the "dead end job" and "plate load of responsibilities" are all this person's fault anyway.  Sure, life shits all over some people.  But there are way too many people that love to make themselves the victims of their circumstances when it isn't the case. 

So...this person maybe dropped out of school, probably had a child unexpectedly.  Probably isn't a hard worker, so the dead-end job only seems like a dead-end job because their work ethic keeps them from ever being up for promotions or significant raises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fla9FxpZPLc&t=0m33s

:angel:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3224 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:58 AM »
I love that movie ha

Offline Omega

« Reply #3225 on: January 15, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
My intellectual blonde female friend's new status today:

"I love how the church says 'not to judge people' when that is ALL they do. Theyre all a bunch of hypocrits. There is no god, jesus, or anything in my eyes."
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Offline Millais

« Reply #3226 on: January 15, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »
A typical DT comment section:

there's a distinct lack of "dt for indonesia" "we are waiting for you in indonesia, theatre of dreams for indonesia"

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3227 on: January 16, 2012, 09:54:31 AM »
My intellectual blonde female friend's new status today:

"I love how the church says 'not to judge people' when that is ALL they do. Theyre all a bunch of hypocrits. There is no god, jesus, or anything in my eyes."

Nothing "pathetic" there IMHO.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3228 on: January 16, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »
I completely agree. I mean, she didn't say it with the eloquence that Hitchens did, but she is on the right track in terms of content.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3229 on: January 16, 2012, 10:01:07 AM »
A typical DT comment section:

there's a distinct lack of "dt for indonesia" "we are waiting for you in indonesia, theatre of dreams for indonesia"

Seriously, I was reading through them all, thinking "where the fuck are the come to Indonesia comments?"

Offline Millais

« Reply #3230 on: January 16, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »

Seriously, I was reading through them all, thinking "where the fuck are the come to Indonesia comments?"

hahaa! since the tour date was announced it's been gradually reducing, still the odd one now and again though  ;)

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3231 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:56 AM »
I completely agree. I mean, she didn't say it with the eloquence that Hitchens did, but she is on the right track in terms of content.

lol
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3232 on: January 17, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »

On the other hand, there are people who do seem to enjoy boasting.  I accepted a Friend request from a guy I knew from high school that I was kinda tight with for a while.  As with anyone I re-contact from the old days, I shot him a message asking him what he's been up to.  He never answered.  Posted a few times on his wall, just saying Hi and that, no replies.  But he's on Facebook all the time, asking people to Like his business page; obviously he's using the whole social networking thing to expand his client base, but he could at least keep up the personal end.  And from digging around, I know that he now lives in Florida and has his own photography studio. 

Every status is "Spent all day at the beach house. Life is good." and "Played tennis this morning, then went sailing." and "Scored a big contract this week. That should pay for my trip to the Bahamas this year."  Okay, dude, we get it; you're very successful and life has been good to you.  And you're too busy living the good life to actually talk to people who you once considered friends, so... later.  I unFriended him.  Seemed like a pretty one-way relationship anyway.

You definitely have a point, but I have a difficult time believing that this girl is speaking from that position, judging from her past behavior--which is eyebrow-raising, to say the least.

You're right about pretty much all of it, though she doesn't have a child. She's also insecure, a liar, a hypocrite, acts out of pure emotion, and has to be the center of attention 24/7.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3233 on: January 17, 2012, 04:56:01 PM »
Obviously you know this person and her situation better than we do.  I didn't see anything really wrong with what she'd posted, but if most of her troubles are her own damned fault and she's too lazy to do anything about it, then yeah, I don't have much sympathy for her.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3234 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:24 AM »
Reply: "Going to Australia is one of my dreams! You've gotta take a lot of pictures".

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3235 on: January 18, 2012, 09:25:29 AM »
I was about to ask "what's wrong with that?"

Then I read it a second time, and lol'd

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3236 on: January 19, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »
'Hate sitting on a cold toilet seat!'

Which is ridiculous enough, but the first comment is better: Just use your hair dryer to warm it up!

Who, in the hell, would ever make that connection?

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3237 on: January 20, 2012, 12:12:22 AM »
 :laugh:

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3238 on: January 20, 2012, 04:59:45 AM »
Actually, that's brilliant.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3239 on: January 20, 2012, 08:09:34 AM »
I was just thinking the same thing.  For a while, there were four long-haired people in our house so the blow dryer was always just sitting there on the counter anyway.  A minute or two, and you can have a nice warm seat on a chilly day.

Caveat: I still find it kinda weird sitting down when the seat's still warm from the previous occupant.  I know that other people use it; I just don't need the obvious reminder.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3240 on: January 20, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
So pour ice cold water on it on it then warm it up with the hairdryer !  :facepalm:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3241 on: January 20, 2012, 08:19:14 AM »
:lolpalm:

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #3242 on: January 21, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
So pour ice cold water on it on it then warm it up with the hairdryer !  :facepalm:
:facepalm: (i'm not even participating in this thread)

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #3243 on: January 21, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
I don't know. I find it unsexy when a girl makes a facebook status like this that just happened abut 4 minutes ago:

were can i get some gas x. Bad farts tonight!!!!!!!!!!
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #3244 on: January 21, 2012, 08:11:48 PM »
I'm not sure as to whether I'm more turned off by her openly discussing her gas problem or her apparent lack of any sort of indoor voice. 

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #3245 on: January 21, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
I'm not sure as to whether I'm more turned off by her openly discussing her gas problem or her apparent lack of any sort of indoor voice.

Don't forget the complete lack of grammar and spelling.  :lol
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline Omega

« Reply #3246 on: January 22, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »

The part that got me was the "hypocrits" and the "or anything in my eyes."

Well I suppose you simply have to know this person. Coming from an intellectually minded person, this may have carried some weight. But not from this bimbo.
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Offline Nigerius Rex

• Thats Mr. Doctor Professor Patrick
« Reply #3247 on: January 29, 2012, 07:27:17 PM »
Dude recently broken up with his gf, acting like a pussyfart:

I neither want to go to bed, nor do I want to go out. Also I don't want to stay here. I think I just ruled out pretty much all my options.

When a good thing goes bad it's not the end of the world
It's just the end of a world that you had with one girl
And she's the reason it happened, but she's overreacting
And it's all because she don't want things to change

...It's like this guy is me in a parallell universe!

And that's just a couple, hes got a whole page of this shit.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3248 on: January 29, 2012, 07:30:01 PM »
When a good thing goes bad it's not the end of the world
It's just the end of a world that you had with one girl
And she's the reason it happened, but she's overreacting
And it's all because she don't want things to change

...It's like this guy is me in a parallell universe!
Is that like some horrible, horrible attempt at poetry?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3249 on: January 29, 2012, 07:36:42 PM »
 :rollin I wondered the same, because it sounds like he's making it out to be that he isn't the one that wrote it... But there's no way something that horrible (and grammatically incorrect) came from someone that isn't both being a pansy and is brain-dead.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3250 on: February 03, 2012, 03:05:50 PM »
One girl I'm friends with, in the space of a day (starting from the previous stroke of midnight):

If youre going to be a friend, then be a friend. Dont pick and choose depending on the mood, the ups and downs or whatever conflicts you may have. Work it out, talk it out, respect the people who have given you their love and time.

Ok. I get it. Im shit. Im a horrible selfish person who cant admit shes wrong. Im a stubborn, ugly bitch and I dont deserve anything. Im sorry.

I just fucking hate myself thats it.

i cant ever catch a break. what a shitty fucking day.

I will update this thread at day's end to see how long it gets.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3251 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »
I guess one would go to her status when they need a 'pick-me-up'
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3252 on: February 03, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »
¿Que?

Anyway, normally these statuses are followed by her "pity party" who reassure her without fail that she is wonderful.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #3253 on: February 03, 2012, 10:37:06 PM »
"You tear me open just see what you want from inside"

"I'm broken and I'm lonesome..."

"How can you see into my eyes?"

"Oh, I wish I could say your name in this status, but then you'd know..."

"Is life such a fleeting thing? I have to think..."

All of this in 4 hours.

And he's a guy.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3254 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
Oye gevalt... :facepalm: