Author Topic: The pathetic facebook status thread.  (Read 305673 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: The pathetic facebook status thread.
« Reply #3010 on: September 18, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
I just had a 12 year old girl on facebook call me "Ass Bum" because she got pissed off at me for knowing shes not actually 18 and the pictures she sent me of a girl in lingerie saying it was her with a triple push up bra.... what is this world coming too if girls are already like that  :|

To answer the question (what is the world coming to), some 12-year-old girls are sluts, but for some reason don't like it when you call them that.  I don't think you're an "ass bum" for calling her out, but that's mostly because this has to do with tits, not ass.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3011 on: September 18, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Does anyone else get annoyed when parents go overboard with statuses about their "genius" child? I get that they're proud of them, and that's adorable, but I don't need a homework update every single night. My aunt is getting really bad about doing this, concerning my 5 year old cousin. Example:

"So far Emma has scored 100% on all homework and classroom work, with two exceptions. She missed just one item out of several on two worksheets in class. bear in mind- she brings home several worksheets per day. Go Emma!!! My brilliant baby!"

Now, that would be fine, if she didn't post shit like this every day. I'm happy she's doing well in school, but I honestly don't care THAT much and it makes her look really self-absorbed.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3012 on: September 18, 2011, 02:08:05 PM »
I've got a few Facebook friends who I've just blocked from my wall feed, for reasons like that.  In this case they're not family, but I've known them a long, long time and I guess I want to keep them as friends, but man, I do not need the daily spew.  So they're blocked, I don't have to see their shit, but otherwise we cool.

I had one other friend in that same boat who I finally just cut.  In this case, I actually commented on some of his ramblings, even asked questions sometimes, but he never responded.  I wondered WTF, and looked and saw that he has 1400 Friends.  Seriously?  So anyway, I figured he wouldn't miss me.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3013 on: September 18, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »
Having in excess of 1,000 friends is becoming very common, especially for girls. I don't think I'll ever go past 300. Whenever I get close, I prune my friends list of people I never talk to.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3014 on: September 18, 2011, 02:21:47 PM »
I pruned it recently. I kept DTF'ers but expelled people who added me because I met them one time or I didn't know them at all. Like 23 people I think.

Offline YtseCullen

• DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident Jedi.
« Reply #3015 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:12 AM »
I just had a 12 year old girl on facebook call me "Ass Bum" because she got pissed off at me for knowing shes not actually 18 and the pictures she sent me of a girl in lingerie saying it was her with a triple push up bra.... what is this world coming too if girls are already like that  :|
Why are you asking a 12 year old to send you pictures?

I never asked, apparently this girl was sending pics around to a lot of my friends too. :P
May The Force Be With You.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3016 on: September 19, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
I recently deleted over 300 friends on FB. I'm down to 250 now. My news feed is no where near as entertaining as it used to be.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3017 on: September 19, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
Does anyone else get annoyed when parents go overboard with statuses about their "genius" child? I get that they're proud of them, and that's adorable, but I don't need a homework update every single night. My aunt is getting really bad about doing this, concerning my 5 year old cousin. Example:

"So far Emma has scored 100% on all homework and classroom work, with two exceptions. She missed just one item out of several on two worksheets in class. bear in mind- she brings home several worksheets per day. Go Emma!!! My brilliant baby!"

Now, that would be fine, if she didn't post shit like this every day. I'm happy she's doing well in school, but I honestly don't care THAT much and it makes her look really self-absorbed.

Not to mean your cousin directly, but just wait till the kid's disillusionment with the world kicks in, and let's see if mom's post look like this,"So proud of my daughter, she was able to beerbong a sixpack without puking, way to go baby!!!"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3018 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »
Ok, I'm just asking this here, but I was too busy ignoring facebook's million pop up messages, and now it's raped my news feed and I don't see shit. How do I get it back to not stupid? I'm sick of Facebook raping everything lately.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #3019 on: September 20, 2011, 11:49:40 PM »
My favorite from yesterday

"I'm a sex addict. But I'm not a slut. Who wants to hang out?"
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3020 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:59 AM »
I recently deleted over 300 friends on FB. I'm down to 250 now. My news feed is no where near as entertaining as it used to be.

Yeah, that's the downside of friend list pruning. You think you'll be happy when they're gone, but it's only then that you realize they were a great source of entertainment....there's a couple people I still regret letting go for that reason.

Not to mean your cousin directly, but just wait till the kid's disillusionment with the world kicks in, and let's see if mom's post look like this,"So proud of my daughter, she was able to beerbong a sixpack without puking, way to go baby!!!"

I suppose she's just enjoying her innocence while she still has it. Can't say I blame her; I'm just sick of reading about it. The only reason I haven't blocked her from my wall is because she's a family member.

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
« Reply #3021 on: September 21, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
My news feed is full of "I hate the new facebook layout", as it always is when they update it!
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3022 on: September 21, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
My news feed is upside down, because it's about the last language that still retains the old profile, since they finally screwed up English UK too. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3023 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3024 on: September 21, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »
Fantastic. That's 100% true.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3025 on: September 21, 2011, 01:57:09 PM »
I actually really like the new FB.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3026 on: September 21, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3027 on: September 21, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3028 on: September 21, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »
I already had all of my Friends divided up into lists (Family, School, etc.), and when the Lists menu on the left side recently returned, I was glad, because I used to use it all the time.  It disappeared the last time there was a major overhaul.  Clicking on "Most Recent", sometimes twice (never did figure out why it took two clicks sometimes), then selecting the List I wanted from the dropdown menu was not nearly as convenient.

For people who don't use Lists, however, I can see how forcing them to do it this way would be a hassle.  If Facebook has gone to the trouble of recombining everything into one feed (which was smart), why not have an option to just show everything from everyone?

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3029 on: September 21, 2011, 11:41:52 PM »
https://mashable.com/2011/09/21/prepare-for-the-new-facebook/

A lot more coming tomorrow apparently.

The one thing I don't get is why they still have friends who are not online always listed over on the bottom right. I understand they keep the ones you communicate with the most on there, but if they aren't online I can't talk to them anyway, so why take up the space?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3030 on: September 22, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »
Not pathetic, but a good point, actually.

Why do people say 'grow some balls'?  Balls are weak and sensitive.  If you wanna get tough, grow a vagina.  Those things take a pounding.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3031 on: September 22, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »

Why do people say 'grow some balls'?  Balls are weak and sensitive.  If you wanna get tough, grow a vagina.  Those things take a pounding.

:lol

Offline Millais

« Reply #3032 on: September 22, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »
facebook timeline - recording your every move...

does seem like a great idea, just... excessive.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3033 on: September 22, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
https://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/240406/facebook_revamps_profile_with_timeline_concept.html

"Now, in order to call up older posts in profiles, Facebook users have to click a button that expands the activity stream list, a poor user experience, Zuckerberg said."

So then why did they decide to add that feature to Facebook messages by grouping them all together?
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3034 on: September 22, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »
I hate when couples get married, delete their individual accounts, and then make a new joint account with both of their names on it.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #3035 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41:26 PM »
The new music Tab Feature really should add an app for iTunes.

I don't want to use Spotify.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3036 on: September 22, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
I hate when couples get married, delete their individual accounts, and then make a new joint account with both of their names on it.

I have never seen this happen.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3037 on: September 22, 2011, 11:21:33 PM »
I've seen it happen like 3 times I think. If you ask me, it's incredibly corny.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #3038 on: September 23, 2011, 12:38:31 AM »
I love that new insta-feed in the top right corner. Makes me feel like Big Brother now that I can see everything everybody's doing.  :corn

:lol

What really, REALLY annoys me is when someone's girlfriend or boyfriend tries friend-requesting you just so they can keep further tabs on their partner. Keep me out of it, psycho. Especially annoying considering the last girl who did it is the girlfriend of someone I haven't even talked to for four years.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3039 on: September 23, 2011, 02:11:41 AM »

Thank you Coz, I will use that often, in your honor.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #3040 on: September 23, 2011, 05:43:02 AM »
Omg at that quote :lol :lol

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #3041 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »
The Ticker thing isn't actually showing you anything that you couldn't see before, it's just more in your face now.

I think the Timeline feature and the new app things just killed Google+.

One complaint is that people want their privacy, I don't get it. So, say I listen to an Opeth song. Now all my friends know. Big whoop. What have I lost there? Every song I've listened to for months is on last.fm anyway, anyone on the planet can see it there.

Offline Millais

« Reply #3042 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:52 PM »
managed to get the new profile early. and i have to say... very nice. although some of the features (such as the map) seem a bit excessive. here's a picture:

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3043 on: September 23, 2011, 02:07:01 PM »
Firefox + GreaseMonkey addon + Facebook Remove Friends Ticker script = :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #3044 on: September 23, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »
managed to get the new profile early. and i have to say... very nice. although some of the features (such as the map) seem a bit excessive. here's a picture:

Holy shit!  I've been wondering for a couple days now what the big deal is, since I haven't seen much change.  Yeah, Lists are back, but I used them anyway.  The updates in the top-right, whatever.  But this is definitely quite different.