Author Topic: The pathetic facebook status thread.  (Read 306175 times)

Offline blackngold29

Re: The pathetic facebook status thread.
« Reply #2310 on: January 05, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »
 And, what's also lame is when people go out of their way to send a friend request to someone on Facebook, then complain about what that person posts.  It's like..... that person didn't ask to be friends with you.  So, I don't know.... maybe shut up about what he or she posts?  
Exactly why it's pretty rare I send out requests. I'll rarely turn someone down, but I generally don't offer either.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #2311 on: January 05, 2011, 01:01:09 AM »
Advice question for you all...

So I've got this weird high school crush thing going on even though I'm in college and haven't seen her for two and a half years.  When we graduated I sent her a FB friend request which was rejected.  After she rejected it, I figured maybe she forgot who I was so I sent it again, this time with a more obvious profile picture.  She rejects it AGAIN.

Ok so what should I do?  I feel like I could start something cause I really like her.  But I feel like sending a third request, especially given the time that has elapsed, would be creepy.  Perhaps a request with a message?  But still, it's so risky!  What do I do?
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #2312 on: January 05, 2011, 01:13:33 AM »
BrotherH..... not to be rude.... but.... come on, man.  Do you REALLY need anyone here to tell you to STOP SENDING FRIEND REQUESTS to this person? 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Ħ

« Reply #2313 on: January 05, 2011, 01:14:51 AM »
I only sent like two so far more than a year ago...gimme a break, I am just smitten!
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2314 on: January 05, 2011, 01:20:04 AM »
Advice question for you all...

So I've got this weird high school crush thing going on even though I'm in college and haven't seen her for two and a half years.  When we graduated I sent her a FB friend request which was rejected.  After she rejected it, I figured maybe she forgot who I was so I sent it again, this time with a more obvious profile picture.  She rejects it AGAIN.

Ok so what should I do?  I feel like I could start something cause I really like her.  But I feel like sending a third request, especially given the time that has elapsed, would be creepy.  Perhaps a request with a message?  But still, it's so risky!  What do I do?

If she's rejecting your friend requests, she doesn't feel the same way.
Stop now or forever be known as the desperate one.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #2315 on: January 05, 2011, 01:22:52 AM »
Pride is such a silly thing to stand in way of love. :heart

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2316 on: January 05, 2011, 01:35:53 AM »

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2317 on: January 05, 2011, 01:40:06 AM »
Write her a letter. Tell her you've been obsessing over her for years. Make it like you are her stalker.

Just hope to god that she has a thing for stalkers. :-*

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #2318 on: January 05, 2011, 03:08:23 AM »
I don't see how that's creepy at all, if you went to the same school, regardless how long ago it was, there's no reason adding her as a friend would be creepy.

Must be an uptight american thing.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2319 on: January 05, 2011, 03:27:06 AM »
No, it's creepy because we add them only because they're hot and we want to look at their pictures. I'm not sitting here touching myself to them, but if an attractive girl puts up pictures of her in a bikini, I take it that means she wants her looks to be admired and appreciated. Who am I to deny her of that?

In other words: if they don't want guys looking at them, they shouldn't put up those kinds of pictures. But because they do, I keep them on my friends list and enjoy them. It's "creepy" but there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Edit: Oh, I thought the above post was in response to Orbert. Well. My point remains valid, anyway.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2320 on: January 05, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »
Every one of them sent Friend requests to me, not the other way around.  Some of them I had a few classes with and talked to, but didn't exactly hang out with, and some I knew through other people.  I was a loser in high school and still am today, so I'm always surprised, but hey if some chick wants to be my Facebook friend, I'm okay with that.

And really, they're just virtual friends, and I treat them the same as any other.  Post funny comments once in a while, answer questions, that kind of thing.  It's not any different than what we do here on message boards, except it's all people I know in real life.  I never asked them to post bikini pictures of their trip to Orlando or Cancun for me to check out, but since they do, I feel like I have to oblige.  It's only polite.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2321 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »
I love it when others mock people on FB.  So my friend posted this and so did I.  I modified it by not finishing the quote. I'd thought it would be funnier.

PLEASE put this as your status if you know someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable and, in case you didn't know,they can totally breathe fire. 60% of people won't post this because they've already been eaten by dragons. 38% of people are sitting in the shower armed with fire extinguishers, and... the rema
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #2322 on: January 05, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »
I remember when I really hated Facebook and didn't want to be on it, and I deleted my account.

Now I post every day.  :-[ I mostly just post comedy I come up with.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2323 on: January 05, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »
I love it when others mock people on FB.  So my friend posted this and so did I.  I modified it by not finishing the quote. I'd thought it would be funnier.

PLEASE put this as your status if you know someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable and, in case you didn't know,they can totally breathe fire. 60% of people won't post this because they've already been eaten by dragons. 38% of people are sitting in the shower armed with fire extinguishers, and... the rema

:tup

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2324 on: January 06, 2011, 01:17:40 AM »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #2325 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:03 AM »
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2326 on: January 06, 2011, 02:17:20 AM »

I totally reposted that,but added an M Night Shaymalan plot twist at the end.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2327 on: January 06, 2011, 02:33:32 AM »
@ Portrucci - Omg someone needs to kill this bitch before she spreads her blasphemy.
Speaking of spreading...

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2328 on: January 06, 2011, 02:36:03 AM »

:lol

How did she even begin to believe that this was true?

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #2329 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:34 AM »
The best part of that is the 17 likes for the true statement. :lol

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2330 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:45 AM »
I don't blame her at all for getting defensive though. That's pretty embarrassing.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2331 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:32 AM »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #2333 on: January 06, 2011, 03:08:39 AM »
One :facepalm: and one :lolpalm: from me. Love that the "factual" comment got 17 likes, though.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2334 on: January 06, 2011, 04:32:11 AM »
Yeah 17 likes. It's like the Like Army!
"OH FUCK THE ARMY OF LIKES IS COMING FOR ME. HIDE EVERYONE"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2335 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:56 AM »
Some poeple just believe anything they're told, especially if it fits into their religious view or anything else that they're currently all gung-ho about.

But getting all defensive and bitchy when someone points out that you're wrong (by citing something we all learned in 3rd grade) is just stupid.  She could've just deleted the whole thread and saved herself the embarassment.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2336 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:27 PM »
"Oh god there's cheese coming out of my vagina again..."

-Iain Wilson
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #2337 on: January 06, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Some poeple just believe anything they're told, especially if it fits into their religious view or anything else that they're currently all gung-ho about.

But getting all defensive and bitchy when someone points out that you're wrong (by citing something we all learned in 3rd grade) is just stupid.  She could've just deleted the whole thread and saved herself the embarassment.

That would actually be an intelligent move. Do you seriously expect that after all this?
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2338 on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »
Not really.  I guess I'm too logical.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #2339 on: January 06, 2011, 09:14:35 PM »
"not er'bahday...knows how ta werk ma bahday"

Translation?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2340 on: January 06, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
"not er'bahday...knows how ta werk ma bahday"

Translation?

The best I can do is "Not her bidet....knows how to work my bidet"

Still doesn't make sense.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2341 on: January 06, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
Not everybody knows how to work my body = Very few know how to please me sexually.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2342 on: January 06, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
Not everybody knows how to work my body = Very few know how to please me sexually.

Oh....my.....god......how did you figure that out? Tell me as you're pleasing my body.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2343 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:28 PM »

This was the first thing I saw when I came into the thread. I forgot what the thread was about...realized...and proceeded to, :whatthe:

Oh...and he's a juggalo.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2344 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
 :lol

*rubs Adami's crotch*