Author Topic: Moving on  (Read 2495 times)

Offline AndyDT

Moving on
« on: September 05, 2011, 07:35:16 AM »
I recently stopped seeing some woman I'd been going out with. It was very casual so big deal really once I could see what was happening. The thing is I got on well with her and liked her general good nature and so on but thought I was trying to force myself to be attracted to her when I wasn't so I called it a day. Does anyone relate to this? What would you do have done?

Offline AndyDT

Re: Moving on
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
Sorry wrong forum

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »
Don't worry bro, the market will sort it out

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 08:04:35 AM »
No it won't.  Odd are, some corporation in some industry has lobbied the gov. for AndyDT to not get laid, and there's nothing we can do about it because the federal gov. is corrupt.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:21:48 AM »

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »
No it won't.  Odd are, some corporation in some industry has lobbied the gov. for AndyDT to not get laid, and there's nothing we can do about it because the federal gov. is corrupt.

This is brilliant.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »

Andy isn't a colonial.

Also, you seem fine Andy, not sure what you have to "move on" about. Unless relationships in general are a completely foreign concept to you (maybe german?) then everything that happened should make perfect sense and need no clarification in the least.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline djentlemen

• they took my fucking ship yargh argh
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :mehlin
life is like a shlong , it gets hard for no reason

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
You gave it a shot, you weren't attracted to her, you moved on.  Sounds pretty reasonable to me. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »
It's sounds kind of like me and my first car (2001 VW passat). I loved driving the car. Getting behind the wheel was always fun, my friends didn't mind it, and I never had any complaints when driving it. On the other hand, I hated owning that car. It had crazy maintenance costs, needed repairs every other month, and wasn't quite the car I wanted. It sound like to me you enjoyed this girl in the sense of having a girl in your life. I'm sure she made you laugh, turned to you when she was need, and maybe even aroused you. You made her feel good, which in turn maybe made you feel good. But at the end of the day, there were still things like maintenance costs and breakdowns which made you realize she wasn't quite the one.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »
Off topic but I still currently own (and I will try my hardest to own it till the day I day) 01 Golf and it's the cheapest to maintain however I'll do most of the work myself.

Now when I had an audi, fuck that thing cost me so much money.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »

Andy isn't a colonial.

Also, you seem fine Andy, not sure what you have to "move on" about. Unless relationships in general are a completely foreign concept to you (maybe german?) then everything that happened should make perfect sense and need no clarification in the least.
I was beating myself up saying I was making excuses but I think really I was expanding the fears (allowing somebody else in) that are always there as excuses to not be single and have to get to know somebody again, if that makes sense

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 08:00:43 AM »

Pretty funny. :D

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 08:17:09 AM »
Andy, seems to me you move in waves you never untrace. Isn't this just the newest craze, straight out of the face by the bed unread?

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 03:53:17 AM »
 ???

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:08 AM »
(lyrics from Porcupine Tree's "Shesmovedon")
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 07:00:12 AM »
Andy, seems to me you move in waves you never untrace. Isn't this just the newest craze, straight out of the face by the bed unread?

rumborak

Fucking amazing song.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 08:30:30 AM »

rumborak

:clap: